Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #91
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: Berto: There is a reason Ortiz was 165 and walked through my shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr347 View Post
Just saw this on Berto's tweets.

there is a reason why he came into the ring 165 pounds. I know people close to him and his camp and I know exactly we he was taking

Let me clear the air now!! Your right there is a reason why Ortiz had so much energy, a reason he could take my heavy shots and keep ticking

o it wasn't Flintstone vitamins!! But it is what it is I should of beat him anyways but it wasn't me that night. Ortiz wasn't him either lol

--------

You get the idea.

True or just bitter, or both?
Funny thing is Money is rumored to fight him next.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #92
Devils Advocate
Standing Eight Count

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson View Post
That is false. Even today, accusations are rampant even in sports where there are tough testing procedures (cycling, weight lifting, Olympics, etc.).

It does not mean we should not use OSDT. It just means that your statement about accusation beings not relevant is false.

Fair enough.

Still, with the best testing available implemented, these accusations could be diminished. Maybe not completely but enough that the front page of this forum would be void of PED threads.
Devils Advocate is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #93
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
I need to get hold of these PED's they seem so easy to get hold of.

It is getting irritating how people jus blame PED's for everything, it just makes you look like a fool, I had respect for Berto but just lost all of it.
Berto is stupid, but wat you just said is also. PEDs are very easy to get a hold of especially for elite athletes
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #94
acr347
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
Andre Berto and these others are snitching?

Shane Mosley is a snitch? Andre Berto is a snitch? Shane he used steroids in the past. Berto he waited this long to say anything?

If these guys are cheats, Berto should ask him to take the test, not go and slander Ortiz's name by calling him a liar and a cheater on twitter.
I forgot about Mosley's tweet. I was surprised about that one. Dude was softspoken, respected... and, yeah, that tweet made him look like a douchebag, putting up that link like it had an ounce of credibility. If you read that story... well it was bad. Restraint... he should've showed some.
acr347 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #95
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
Berto just LOST again because of that comment.
Berto is an ignorant bitch.
He also supported Edwin Valero and blamed his wife for being a victim.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #96
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Berto is a bitch!

ORTIZ should send out an official statement that because of the statements that where made about him no rematch will be given to Berto until a formal apology is made...

YEAH! Sounds about right to that ****ing bitch.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #97
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Berto is a bitch!
I just notice all these guys who are accusing others of taking PEDs have been caught and convicted in the past.

Why now are they making it their life mission to do this? I'm not trying to say with certainty that this is snitching, but this behavior resembling the behavior of a snitch.

If someone never did any PEDs and were on a crusade against PEDs that would be one thing. But I better not see Holyfield, Shane, and Roy go on this sort of crusade.

If you've been caught taking PEDs, you should keep your mouth shut about it.

If Mayweather took PEDs he should keep his mouth shut.

Berto always had a big mouth. He supported Edwin Valero of all people and now he's opening his big mouth on Ortiz. It's not a fact that Ortiz did a drug, but it's not a fact that Berto isn't on drugs. Look at his body.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #98
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

actually this shouldn't be shocking to people that have been following this idiot's words.
remember when edwin valero died after killing his wife? what did this moron say? he said sometimes a woman will drive a man to do these things.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #99
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Just watched that fight recently. Berto just couldnt deal with the constant pressure of Ortiz. He gave him no room to breath.

I would like a rematch. The only thing i will give Berto is that his corner was too hectic for this big of a fight. I wanna see what a focused corner can do for him.
Mexican should take the test!

TAKE THE TEST!!

How could this guy walk thru Bertos SHOTS like that. Something up with ORTIZ and SALIDO..
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #100
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

Wasn't Berto 165 when he walked through Andre Dirrell's shots
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #101
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Why would anyone think it's beyond the realm of possibility that this could be true? I respect Ortiz, I think he's a great fighter, but it's certainly possible that he could be on PED's...until there's testing it leaves this possibility open. It's easy to point the finger and call Berto a "bitch" and whatever, but if he knows someone in close to Ortiz and they are telling him that this is true, combined with his increase in size, and improved physical attributes, I don't think it's beyond the frame of reason it could be true. Like I said it just further illustrates the need for sophisticated testing, there's no way around it, and this issue won't go away until Boxing takes the issue seriously.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #102
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPO23 View Post
Mexican should take the test!

TAKE THE TEST!!

How could this guy walk thru Bertos SHOTS like that. Something up with ORTIZ and SALIDO..

Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house Pacquiao Admirer.

Doc is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #103
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Why would anyone think it's beyond the realm of possibility that this could be true? I respect Ortiz, I think he's a great fighter, but it's certainly possible that he could be on PED's...until there's testing it leaves this possibility open. It's easy to point the finger and call Berto a "bitch" and whatever, but if he knows someone in close to Ortiz and they are telling him that this is true, combined with his increase in size, and improved physical attributes, I don't think it's beyond the frame of reason it could be true. Like I said it just further illustrates the need for sophisticated testing, there's no way around it, and this issue won't go away until Boxing takes the issue seriously.
I agree the random BLOOD test should be mandatory across the board not just

exclusive for one targeted fighter in particular.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #104
acr347
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPO23 View Post
I agree the random BLOOD test should be mandatory across the board not just

exclusive for one targeted fighter in particular.
Yup.
acr347 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #105
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Well...it can't just be ONE thing like Berto is trying to make it seem. PED's don't add weight to your frame... EPO's affect stamina and energy levels so you can go harder, longer.

Roids.....don't do a damn thing for your stamina, reflexes, speed or anything like that. It allows you to build dense muscle mass faster and some aid in the recovery process for injuries.

Berto seems to think he knows what ortiz was on and it affected his size, weight, power and apparently his ability to take a shot. He also said that Ortiz had more juice b/c of what he took....so that would imply that Ortiz was on EPO's along with Roids.

I'm sorry.. but the chances that Ortiz was doping with BOTH for his fight with Berto is not very likely. Maybe one or the other but if that were the case then Berto is just as likely to have been doping.

I'm just tired of the whole "excuse" train gaining in momentum lately. At least it has yet to prevent us from seeing a fight take place.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum