Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Its official GSP vs. Nick Diaz will fight at ufc 137!!!!

should be a good fight. I cant wait
i see how diaz beats people at their own game it will be very hard to do it vs. GSP

Who wins the fight?
GSP idk how yet

Georges St-Pierre will face Nick Diaz in a UFC welterweight title fight at UFC 137 on October 29 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
UFC President Dana White made the announcement via his Twitter account on Wednesday.
MMAWeekly.com [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] the bout between St-Pierre vs. Diaz as being a work in progress, and that an announcement was forthcoming about the proposed fight.
While the actually [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] took a few more days, now itís official.
Last weekend, UFC President Dana White stated that there were still a few roadblocks in the way of creating the super fights between the UFC and Strikeforce. It appears now at least one of those roadblocks was cleared, and St-Pierre will indeed face Diaz in the Octagon.
St-Pierre has virtually cleared out every other top night in the welterweight division, but one name still remained and Nick Diaz was that person.
Diaz has reeled off 10 wins in a row and most recently knocked out former UFC welterweight Paul Daley in Strikeforce.
Diaz will now move back over to the UFC where he called the Octagon his home for 9 fights, except this time heíll be challenging for the welterweight title against one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport.
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Its official GSP vs. Nick Diaz will fight at ufc 137!!!!

I don't care what the cynics say, I'm really really excited about this fight. Of course logic and rationality point to a GSP UD, but fighting isn't always logical/rational - Matt Serra is one of many fighters who has proven that. Considering how rattled GSP got just by getting marked up against Shields, I really feel Diaz's relentless aggression and vicious striking can unsettle GSP and at the very least give us a really intriguing 5 rounds.

Cheers Dana
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittikasem View Post
i don't care what the cynics say, i'm really really excited about this fight. Of course logic and rationality point to a gsp ud, but fighting isn't always logical/rational - matt serra is one of many fighters who has proven that. considering how rattled gsp got just by getting marked up against shields, i really feel diaz's relentless aggression and vicious striking can unsettle gsp and at the very least give us a really intriguing 5 rounds.

Cheers dana
he got poked in the ****ing eye
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I'll say again, anyone want an avatar bet, let me know
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
he got poked in the ****ing eye
And?

One of the key strengths of a fighter is when he can keep his composure and morale resolute in the face of disadvantages that occur, like cuts etc. GSP doesn't react well to such disadvantageous situations. It's no disgrace to him to say that, he's still one of the top 2 fighters in the world p4p IMO. But he isn't invincible, not physically or mentally.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
And?

One of the key strengths of a fighter is when he can keep his composure and morale resolute in the face of disadvantages that occur, like cuts etc. GSP doesn't react well to such disadvantageous situations. It's no disgrace to him to say that, he's still one of the top 2 fighters in the world p4p IMO. But he isn't invincible, not physically or mentally.
+ he's not flat footed like Old Frank and Daley, and can wrestle. Go watch the KJ Noons fight to see the difference when Diaz is faced with someone with even a tiny bit of footwork
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hell see the Cyborg fight for what happened when somebody throws leg kicks against Diaz.

And Kittikasem the point was that the man couldn't see out of one eye due to a foul by Shields. Not exactly 'marking up' is it?
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Hell see the Cyborg fight for what happened when somebody throws leg kicks against Diaz.

And Kittikasem the point was that the man couldn't see out of one eye due to a foul by Shields. Not exactly 'marking up' is it?
Yup.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
+ he's not flat footed like Old Frank and Daley, and can wrestle. Go watch the KJ Noons fight to see the difference when Diaz is faced with someone with even a tiny bit of footwork
I'm not saying Diaz will beat GSP, just saying it's going to be more competitive and exciting than any GSP fight for quite a long time IMO.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Jojoba
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Diaz Tko Rd 4. GSP's last 3 have been awful. Being a one-man conglomerate is making him fight scared.
Jojoba is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

GSP by boring UD.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
And?

didn't you know being poked in the eye is like being bit by a the most poisonous snake! god forbid you get poked in the eye, let alone hit flush on the face while fighting in MMA
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #13
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Will be a good fight imo, Diaz will challenge GSP in standup and on the ground, but I pick GSP by a close decision.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #14
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu View Post
didn't you know being poked in the eye is like being bit by a the most poisonous snake! god forbid you get poked in the eye, let alone hit flush on the face while fighting in MMA
If someone like Fedor or Dan Henderson got poked in the eye, they wouldn't be in the corner panicking and freaking out like an amateur, because they have extremely calm and solid mentalities. Although Jackson managed to calm GSP and GSP showed great courage to go out and win the fight, he still allowed himself to get rattled by a setback. There are fighters who cope with setbacks like this a lot better than GSP. I believe Nick Diaz will do ANYTHING to win this fight, and that will include unsavoury tactics purposefully designed to upset and unnerve the champion.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum