Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
kiniumi
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 378
Default Finally an amatuer fight!

So this Saturday will be the second opportunity i have had to compete this year Edmonton, Alberta, Edmonton, South side amateur boxing club December 13, Come out and watch if your in the area!

However the point of the thread isn't just to tell me where im fighting.

to all my fellow amateur boxers tell me how the year of 2014 has gone for your boxing career, your advancements, your fails, strange occurrences, where your going in the next year(or intend to go)
kiniumi is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
tyden

vCash: 184
Default Re: Finally an amatuer fight!

I had my first bout in 2014, lost a close decision. Fought two weeks later another close fight but I got the edge. Got a rematch with my first opponent and my shoulder was dislocated 30 seconds into the first round. I couldn't move my arm I just defense until the round was over. Dr stopped the fight and the painstarted when I got back to the dressing room waiting to get it popped back in. Ended up having to get it done in the hospital. 2 months later I returned to sparring and sure enough it happened again. Its been dislocated 4 times now since may. I need surgery before I box again so I'll be out next year. Definitely added fuel to the fire and it will be the best day of my life when I can fight again. I plan on dedicating 1 year to amateur fights and go pro 2016 or 2017.
tyden is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyden View Post
I had my first bout in 2014, lost a close decision. Fought two weeks later another close fight but I got the edge. Got a rematch with my first opponent and my shoulder was dislocated 30 seconds into the first round. I couldn't move my arm I just defense until the round was over. Dr stopped the fight and the painstarted when I got back to the dressing room waiting to get it popped back in. Ended up having to get it done in the hospital. 2 months later I returned to sparring and sure enough it happened again. Its been dislocated 4 times now since may. I need surgery before I box again so I'll be out next year. Definitely added fuel to the fire and it will be the best day of my life when I can fight again. I plan on dedicating 1 year to amateur fights and go pro 2016 or 2017.
damn that's unfortunate man
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

only fought two time this year, lost in the cali gg finals, then all my opponents pulled out the rest of the year, getting 5-10 more amateur fights then going pro

Last edited by jasper2005; 12-10-2014 at 01:05 AM.
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #5
captain hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2194

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyden View Post
good luck!
captain hook is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
kiniumi
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 378

First fight this year i got thumbed in the eye in the first round unfortunately so i haven't been tested in a year and a half at this point. 1 day till my fight my next fight. just finished cutting 3 lbs and im good to go!
kiniumi is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
tyden

vCash: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiniumi View Post
First fight this year i got thumbed in the eye in the first round unfortunately so i haven't been tested in a year and a half at this point. 1 day till my fight my next fight. just finished cutting 3 lbs and im good to go!
Good luck, Fight smart!
tyden is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2014, 10:09 PM   #8
xK5

Did pretty good, had a couple amateur bouts this year, from july onwards (7-2), was lucky and didnt have any opponents pull out ( at the time i wanted them too cause i was abit nervous), even had the privilege to fight twice in 5 days! haha. great year, i plan to stay as an amateur for around 2-5 more years, getting as many fights as i can.
xK5 is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bullsh## year.
Had fights lined up every month and only fought 3 times. Lost twice (one of which was the nationals). Was sick most of the time.

This year, gonna give it my all, aiming for another GG gold, then qualify for nationals again - and possibly retire from competition for good.
Speechless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing