Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Im a Fan Of both Boxing and MMA. What I like about MMA Better Than Boxing is The Match Making! Dana White Is a Control freak thats for sure.

What he does Is Takes Fighters Requests , and Forces The best to fight! The fighters dont have as much say so in UFC because if your dont want to fight someone in UFC then go make Peanuts At a B League!

Boxing Lets The Managers and Promoters do all the matchmaking and thats why You dont see PAc Vs Floyd, or Bute Vs Froch, KEss, ward. The Fighters have to much say so and cheats who??? US THE FANS!

Ya'll May not like how I write, Thats Ok! Facts are We want to see the best fighters fight, and im sick of the *****s being scared of each other! If you want a Legacy, then fight the Best!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

you have a point....but i think we still get our fare share of great fights!

Boxing to me is so much better! I hate when MMA goes to the ground i just hate the shyt!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Weed capital of the world
Posts: 14,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

How do we get rid of the 0 mentality and have fighters fighting the best though? less divisions and titles would probably help a great deal, but where is the change going to come from?
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: you is you is
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 117
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Dana White's UFC has how many NAME FIGHTERS? Dana's just recycling his fighters to compete and rematch and rematch.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
bRoNeR**a**G
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

If MMA fighters ever make the kinda $$ top boxers do we'd run into the same thing. The top guys (Silva and St Pierre) are already starting to win on rounds, and not focusing on finishing their opponent. Pretty soon they're gonna run out of legit competition as they are ahead of the game and will appear to be fighting bums. Not to mention there isn't enough big names to go around, so Dana keeps taking shot fighters like Rampage and matching him up against bums like Mat Hammil and calling it a PPV.
bRoNeR**a**G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
you have a point....but i think we still get our fare share of great fights!

Boxing to me is so much better! I hate when MMA goes to the ground i just hate the shyt!
I love boxing for The simple fact Its Toe 2 Toe. I can appreciate MMA For The Different Styles brought into 1 ring! Yes it does suck when a brawler gets in there against a Ju Jits Su Guy who just takes the brawler down.
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
silkyjohnson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 450
vCash: 100
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

"Boxing Lets The Managers and Promoters do all the matchmaking"

There's no central figure in boxing. Nobody lets anybody do anything, it's a free-for-all. Everyone does pretty much whatever they want.

I envy the UFC's structure but it's hard to change boxing's structure after 100+ years of existence. The potential money one fighter can make in boxing is huge! And everyone wants a piece of the pie. That's why no one organization will ever take control of the sport.
silkyjohnson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bRoNeR**a**G View Post
If MMA fighters ever make the kinda $$ top boxers do we'd run into the same thing. The top guys (Silva and St Pierre) are already starting to win on rounds, and not focusing on finishing their opponent. Pretty soon they're gonna run out of legit competition as they are ahead of the game and will appear to be fighting bums. Not to mention there isn't enough big names to go around, so Dana keeps taking shot fighters like Rampage and matching him up against bums like Mat Hammil and calling it a PPV.
In a way I disagree.. The Similar thing to boxing is the BIG names are already Tied Up. Of course Id rather see Rampage Vs Evans 2 instead of Matt hamil, But it doenst always work that way!

Ill take Rampage for instance... Casual fans tune in to see him fight just for the fact the man can Knock People out and thats what they want to see.. Thats how it was for Mike Tyson at first. "THE Casual Fan" just turned it on to watch Mike Knock someone out, compared to the True Fans Who Watch just because they like MMA/Boxing.
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
CameronC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 319
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
Dana White's UFC has how many NAME FIGHTERS? Dana's just recycling his fighters to compete and rematch and rematch.
Hardly... I'm a boxing fan but am not too blind realize that there is a limited talent pool coming in boxing. MMA is slowly taking over.
CameronC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #10
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Nowadays, you get less and less great match-ups when fighters have established themselves a name. You will still find some good match-ups however with younger guys who are undefeated and hungry to make a name for themselves..
bachatu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,000
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
Dana White's UFC has how many NAME FIGHTERS? Dana's just recycling his fighters to compete and rematch and rematch.
Ignorance ITT
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
Dana White's UFC has how many NAME FIGHTERS? Dana's just recycling his fighters to compete and rematch and rematch.
There Are a Ton of fighters. Sure people would rather see

Silva
Rampage
Lydell
Penn
GSP

When others might want to see

Griffin
Lesnar
Pettis
Guida
Koscheck

I hate to say it but MMA is ****ing HUGE! Worldwide, in 10 years it will be the biggest sport in the world!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #13
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
Dana White's UFC has how many NAME FIGHTERS? Dana's just recycling his fighters to compete and rematch and rematch.
Many NAME fighters.

guys like Tito Ortiz, Chuck Lidell, BJ Penn, Georges St. Pierr, Rampage Jackson, Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture are considerably household and sell big ppv numbers.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #14
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
I love boxing for The simple fact Its Toe 2 Toe. I can appreciate MMA For The Different Styles brought into 1 ring! Yes it does suck when a brawler gets in there against a Ju Jits Su Guy who just takes the brawler down.

And the Jiu Jitsu guy is performing true fight tecniques that the brawler just can't comprehend as he is getting the life choked out of him.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #15
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Look Up This! I remember Watching it Live, This Fight Sold me On MMA!

Forrest Griffin Vs Stephon Bonner 1

They say this fight single handedly is the reason why Young People are taking up MMA, and That the Sport is growing so fast!

THIS IS A SLUG FEST! NOBODY TAKES ANYONE DOWN!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013