Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #16
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptm View Post
And the Jiu Jitsu guy is performing true fight tecniques that the brawler just can't comprehend as he is getting the life choked out of him.
As a former High school Wrestler and Now a coach, I appreciate that shit! even though I would rather see 2 guys stand toe 2 toe with 2 - 4 oz gloves on throw down!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #17
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
you have a point....but i think we still get our fare share of great fights!

Boxing to me is so much better! I hate when MMA goes to the ground i just hate the shyt!
we do, but think about it it. if you compare the ppv numbers these days MMA is pretty much on an even keel and will soon surpass if it hasn't already.

one or pac fights at a million buys can't hardly compare to 15-20 mma events per year that generate anywhere from 600-900 buys each time.


the more I got to know the ground game the more I realized that it is every bit as technical and scientific as boxing/kickboxing and is incredible to watch if you understand whats going on.
The public learning curve has finally caught up with the ground game and thats why MMA is as popular as ever and will continue to grow.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
silkyjohnson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 450
vCash: 100
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
Look Up This! I remember Watching it Live, This Fight Sold me On MMA!

Forrest Griffin Vs Stephon Bonner 1

They say this fight single handedly is the reason why Young People are taking up MMA, and That the Sport is growing so fast!

THIS IS A SLUG FEST! NOBODY TAKES ANYONE DOWN!
The majority of MMA PPVs are bunk. Most main events fail to live up to the hype.
silkyjohnson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #19
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
As a former High school Wrestler and Now a coach, I appreciate that shit! even though I would rather see 2 guys stand toe 2 toe with 2 - 4 oz gloves on throw down!
i love it all. the transitions between striking and takedowns. the varying of takedown techniques to set up strikes. they all flow between each other seemlessly and it's awesome to watch.
but for me ground striking is just as visually pleasing if not more, and the leverage game and timing of escapes, positioning maintenance and submission attacks, scrambling is every bit as exciting.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #20
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptm View Post
i love it all. the transitions between striking and takedowns. the varying of takedown techniques to set up strikes. they all flow between each other seemlessly and it's awesome to watch.
but for me ground striking is just as visually pleasing if not more, and the leverage game and timing of escapes, positioning maintenance and submission attacks, scrambling is every bit as exciting.
Visually Pleasing...

Jon "Bones" Jones ground striking!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson View Post
The majority of MMA PPVs are bunk. Most main events fail to live up to the hype.
which is also the case many times in boxing no?

there have been many awesome MMA main events that been amazing the past few years, especially in Strikeforce. Every last Strikeforce I've watched has had an INCREDIBLE main event and cards filled with awesome fights. people for some reason just limit the events they watch to UFC but there are many other orgs that deliver in Japan and Europe.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #22
RustBelt
The Pride Of Youngstown
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 2,293
vCash: 88
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

The Contender Vs The Ultimate Fighter?

Look at which one is going strong!
RustBelt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #23
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
Look Up This! I remember Watching it Live, This Fight Sold me On MMA!

Forrest Griffin Vs Stephon Bonner 1

They say this fight single handedly is the reason why Young People are taking up MMA, and That the Sport is growing so fast!

THIS IS A SLUG FEST! NOBODY TAKES ANYONE DOWN!
Honestly I wasn't that big on that fight as most people. There were MUCH better back & forth fights that year, but Griffin Bonnar had the bigger stage. In any case, it was however probably the most important fight for MMA because it really did catapult the UFC into the mainstream.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #24
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
The Contender Vs The Ultimate Fighter?

Look at which one is going strong!
I know!

I liked Contender though. I was really sad when they took it off. One thing I wish they didn't overdramatize the fights and woulda let them play out in real time like they do in Ultimate Fighter. I think that hurt the show.
ptm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
Bodyshot99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,308
vCash: 349
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

one thing notice about boxing is that boxers have WAY too much freedom to decide who they fight next, and that can lead to guys picking easy targets. boxers have mandatorys but seldom choose to fight them
Bodyshot99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #26
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Eastern U.S.
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1218
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3 View Post
i just hate the shyt!
Me too.

Rolling around on the ground like homo***uals.

Wearing pannies, gay, etc...

Anything else?
James23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Eastern U.S.
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1218
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptm View Post
i love it all. the transitions between striking and takedowns. the varying of takedown techniques to set up strikes. they all flow between each other seemlessly and it's awesome to watch.
but for me ground striking is just as visually pleasing if not more, and the leverage game and timing of escapes, positioning maintenance and submission attacks, scrambling is every bit as exciting.
I like this guy.
James23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #28
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
Im a Fan Of both Boxing and MMA. What I like about MMA Better Than Boxing is The Match Making! Dana White Is a Control freak thats for sure.

What he does Is Takes Fighters Requests , and Forces The best to fight! The fighters dont have as much say so in UFC because if your dont want to fight someone in UFC then go make Peanuts At a B League!

Boxing Lets The Managers and Promoters do all the matchmaking and thats why You dont see PAc Vs Floyd, or Bute Vs Froch, KEss, ward. The Fighters have to much say so and cheats who??? US THE FANS!

Ya'll May not like how I write, Thats Ok! Facts are We want to see the best fighters fight, and im sick of the *****s being scared of each other! If you want a Legacy, then fight the Best!
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #29
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
Im a Fan Of both Boxing and MMA. What I like about MMA Better Than Boxing is The Match Making! Dana White Is a Control freak thats for sure.

What he does Is Takes Fighters Requests , and Forces The best to fight! The fighters dont have as much say so in UFC because if your dont want to fight someone in UFC then go make Peanuts At a B League!

Boxing Lets The Managers and Promoters do all the matchmaking and thats why You dont see PAc Vs Floyd, or Bute Vs Froch, KEss, ward. The Fighters have to much say so and cheats who??? US THE FANS!

Ya'll May not like how I write, Thats Ok! Facts are We want to see the best fighters fight, and im sick of the *****s being scared of each other! If you want a Legacy, then fight the Best!
Your writing is funky but your points are very true.

I want to see a couple of promotions in boxing run a monoply in hope that they will put the best fights on. They will treat the boxers as employees.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #30
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Difference Between MMA MatchMaking and Boxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_otsky View Post
Dana White's UFC has how many NAME FIGHTERS? Dana's just recycling his fighters to compete and rematch and rematch.
ugly fact, not enough good fighters means they have to keep fighting each other. same with k-1
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013