boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #31
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would Pacquiao have done against Hagler/Hearns/Lenoard/Duran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kragz View Post
I'm intrigued, after hearing Teddy Atlas say that Pacman isn't even a top 25 ATG I was wondering how he would do in this era. I personally think he'd probably be too fast and strong for hagler, but would lose to Leonard and Hearns.

Thoughts?

Troll....
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
Football Coach
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exactabox View Post
the worst style for him is hearns but he was not that effective till he moved up past 154 so at Welter Manny would have no problems with a drained Hitman. Manny would eat SRL and Hagler alive with his right hook. Jim 117-111 Manny Pacquiao, he just landed the cleaner harder punches.
METH is a helluva drug!!!
Football Coach is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #33
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

Beats duran at 147, loses to him at 135, KOed by Everyone else,

If he fought hagler he would beat him because it would be at 150 for the MW title. @155+ he gets KOed in 3
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #34
kopejh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 861

interesting thread
kopejh is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #35
JoeCamelTow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Loss
Loss
Loss
Loss
JoeCamelTow is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #36
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Coach View Post
METH is a helluva drug!!!
stormy is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
the worst style for him is hearns but he was not that effective till he moved up past 154 so at Welter Manny would have no problems with a drained Hitman. Manny would eat SRL and Hagler alive with his right hook. Jim 117-111 Manny Pacquiao, he just landed the cleaner harder punches.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #38
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
This post must be joke

Pac dies against Hagler, Hearns KOs him before 8th, Leonard wide UD or late TKO.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #39
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Would prolly have been stopped by Hearns @ 147. . . Probably would have chopped up Duran over 12 @ 140-147. . . 135, 50/50 on whether Duran stops him, or gets outpointed in a closer, more grueling fight. WOuld have been a closer fight at 140 (but still closely outpointed), but at 147 probably soundly outpointed. Hagler it just wouldn't be fair to posit that matchup. . .
king khan is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #40
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Addict

well i think i will have a go at reckoning who pac would beat and who he would have trouble with.

If Hagler and him were at 147? Similar records and Hagler having a KO% just above pacmans.....beaten by speed and cunning when he fought SRL.......good straight up and down fighter.Never been stopped.........took some killer shots from Hearns while it lasted......comfortable at being a left or right handed fighter and could stop Manny from getting comfortable.....If it goes the distance pacman wins SD.

Duran is a style that suits Manny more than all the rest. I think Pacman can deliver what Duran was dished up by Hearns so I have Manny winning by TKO in the middle rounds.

Hearns is another challenge altogether. Has all the advantages. Has been stopped before....as has Manny....is fast......would give Manny fits with his jab alone, and the right hand is tremendous. Slaps a little bit so could be an asett against the southpaw......I give it to Hearns via viscous slapping left hook KO

Sugar Ray Leonard. Master boxer mover with a punch.enough said. SRL wins Via wide points decision. Saying he KO's pacman is just re****ed folk talking how they do.

In all these fights all have a chance.they are all great fighters and we can only speculate about the final outcomes.
stormy is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
well i think i will have a go at reckoning who pac would beat and who he would have trouble with.

If Hagler and him were at 147? Similar records and Hagler having a KO% just above pacmans.....beaten by speed and cunning when he fought SRL.......good straight up and down fighter.Never been stopped.........took some killer shots from Hearns while it lasted......comfortable at being a left or right handed fighter and could stop Manny from getting comfortable.....If it goes the distance pacman wins SD.

Duran is a style that suits Manny more than all the rest. I think Pacman can deliver what Duran was dished up by Hearns so I have Manny winning by TKO in the middle rounds.

Hearns is another challenge altogether. Has all the advantages. Has been stopped before....as has Manny....is fast......would give Manny fits with his jab alone, and the right hand is tremendous. Slaps a little bit so could be an asett against the southpaw......I give it to Hearns via viscous slapping left hook KO

Sugar Ray Leonard. Master boxer mover with a punch.enough said. SRL wins Via wide points decision. Saying he KO's pacman is just re****ed folk talking how they do.

In all these fights all have a chance.they are all great fighters and we can only speculate about the final outcomes.

Pretty much how I see it as well. . Hypothetically, if Hagler was the same fighter at 147, I think Pac would beat him due to the massive speed advantage, and Hagler being suited to Pac's style - coming in hte front door. . .

Just can't see any other outcome vs Hearns other than Hearns KO/TKO. Just too much of a height/range dynamic.

Although I could see Leonard stopping Pac. . . Not likely; most likely a fairly wide UD like you said
king khan is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #42
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Maybe beat Duran. Lose to the rest.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #43
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

It would never happen.

Pac is simplytoo small for these fighters.

At most, Pac is a 140 pounder. Even at welterweight, he was weighing less than 150 at fight time, which even junior welterweights easily exceed during fight time. pac started fighting at minimum weight of 106.

Not exactly a fair competition.

Hagler is a middleweight fromthe time he started his career. SRL started his career as welter or close to junior welter, Hearns as welterweight, and only Duran actually fought at lower weights compared to these guys.

So,realistically, the only plausible match-up would be Duran vs. Pac. Toss-up, depending on weight.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #44
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
Originally Posted by kragz View Post
I'm intrigued, after hearing Teddy Atlas say that Pacman isn't even a top 25 ATG I was wondering how he would do in this era. I personally think he'd probably be too fast and strong for hagler, but would lose to Leonard and Hearns.

Thoughts?

Teddy Atlas is a ****!!!!!

He ate his crow when he predicted that hatton will win against Pac and made it appear like it was anything like an idiotic pick.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #45
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post

Sugar Ray has KO's vs Hearns, Benetiz and Kayule. Have you seen some of Leonard's KOs. He can easily stop Pacquiao after beating his ass for multiple rounds

Yeah I could see them robbing Hagler I guess. And Pacquiao is nowhere as smart or cunning as SRL

Duran wasn't just some come forward no defense brawler. Duran's defense was better than Pacquiao's and his chin was as well. If Duran comes into the fight in good shape, he'll tame Pacquiao and throw him against the ropes like he did Leonard
bballchump11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum