Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Boxing for fitness

Someone sent me this clip . This kid just does boxing for fitness and sometimes spars with a few men in his area . He is apparently not interested in boxing but looks very capable [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIVXrkjK2EM[/ame]
boxon123 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Boxing for fitness

Goes alright for a young fella. He's stiff in the shoulders though, and needs to stretch the jab out and elongate his punches more. But moves okay.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

He looks painfully slow and stiff. His footwork is terrible as well, he has his left foot angled far too much and he doesn't pivot with his right. Good thing he doesn't take it seriously.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Since there's no context or reason given for this thread I'm going to go ahead and assume it's you or someone you train lol.

Classic example of someone whop boxes but doesn't fight. Right hand position is right at or below the jaw (as usually taught), which is pretty much a useless hand position. If he had sparred or fought more his right hand would be higher and/or less glued to his face.

Right hand punches are...not even punches. No power on anything he throws. No pivots with the right or left foot when punching, just lifts his heel. Straight in, straight out. Never saw a left hook.

Basically the kid looks like your typical beginner. Has potential, sure, but is not by any means good. It'd be interesting to see him spar.

But hey, if he's in it for fitness he's getting a workout...
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He looks very much like someone who boxes for only for the excercise.
Jennifer Love Hewitt is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Since there's no context or reason given for this thread I'm going to go ahead and assume it's you or someone you train lol.

Classic example of someone whop boxes but doesn't fight. Right hand position is right at or below the jaw (as usually taught), which is pretty much a useless hand position. If he had sparred or fought more his right hand would be higher and/or less glued to his face.

Right hand punches are...not even punches. No power on anything he throws. No pivots with the right or left foot when punching, just lifts his heel. Straight in, straight out. Never saw a left hook.

Basically the kid looks like your typical beginner. Has potential, sure, but is not by any means good. It'd be interesting to see him spar.

But hey, if he's in it for fitness he's getting a workout...
I love the People on here ! I have seen what has been posted here and Know most are really inexperienced . Someone sent me the clip to look at! I at one time Trained world class boxers ,The kid is 17 . I do not know his size but I know the size of the guy holding the pads Who is 6ft and about 240. I guess it makes him a fair size for our friend that thinks he looks slow.
l
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
I love the People on here ! I have seen what has been posted here and Know most are really inexperienced . Someone sent me the clip to look at! I at one time Trained world class boxers ,The kid is 17 . I do not know his size but I know the size of the guy holding the pads Who is 6ft and about 240. I guess it makes him a fair size for our friend that thinks he looks slow.
l
Did you have any observations for the person who sent you the clip? Like "He throws his right hand like a rockem sockem robot"?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Did you have any observations for the person who sent you the clip? Like "He throws his right hand like a rockem sockem robot"?
LOL I have seen your other posts of this site. LOL Quite funny but no knowledge .
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
LOL I have seen your other posts of this site. LOL Quite funny but no knowledge .
Says the world class trainer who thinks the kid in that video is good...
Old 06-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He looks terrible.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
l
In reality, people that train/ed world class boxers don't waste their time on Internet forums, posting videos of some guy doing arm punches on the pads to find out what people think of him.

Maybe your world class knowledge would be better served training these "world class" boxers you speak of. Actually, who were these boxers?

Last edited by viru§™; 06-03-2011 at 06:16 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 15444

Quality when people ask what people think then get annoyed at the honest replies..
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
This was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
In reality, people that train/ed world class boxers don't waste their time on Internet forums, posting videos of some guy doing arm punches on the pads to find out what people think of him.
What, have you not seen all the 24/7's where Freddie Roach is constantly on his computer?
Pretty sure Emanuel Steward is somewhere on this forum too, but under an alias...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott-Robson View Post
Quality when people ask what people think then get annoyed at the honest replies..
True dat. If you're gonna post a video and ask for opinions don't expect it to be all positive.

P.S. For a second I thought youtube was playing the video in slow motion.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #14
Kingscorpion

vCash:

Just wondering......... are there any ABA/Regional champions on here?

Anyone who’s won or entered anything?

Anthony Farnell the trainer of Frankie Gavin posts in the British......... so it’s not inconceivable trainers wouldn’t post on here.

Doesn’t Jeff Thomas own a gym now?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Kingscorpion

vCash:

2012 Olympics & ABA’s are just round the corner.

Is anyone here gonna do anything?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing