Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Why do people hate on Chael Sonnen?

The guy is a great fighter. He beat the hell out of Anderson for almost 5 rounds. And he is the only guy to actually come out and FIGHT Anderson, even hurting him and outstriking him on the feet. Not even the blood & guts warrior Forrest Griffin took the fight to Anderson, Vitor sat back and tried to counter (Vitor tried to counter!), but Chael took it to him and backed up or at least tried to back up all the shit he talked!

So what if he talks shit! He's hilarious in doing so. He has some of the funniest quotes I've ever heard from a fighter

I don't know, I just see alot of serious hate for the guy and I don't get it. I think he's a great fighter and great for the sport.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Why do people hate on Chael Sonnen?

you got to admit that its ironik that you talk shit about a guys BJJ and then get submitted by him thanks to his BJJ
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Chael's awesome. He was my hero for doing what he did to Silva. BUT Silva was ****ed in that fight with cracked ribs, in a rematch Silva would dispose of him efficiently and brutally. Still, Chael's The Man
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
PrinceVega
帝拳ボクシングジム
ESB Full Member

His clown.No one even talk about him before Spider fight. And still he can make it.
PrinceVega is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

He's an idiot who thinks he's always got one up on people, including the system.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

His performance is tainted by roids. Don't forget that.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Because his style is pretty much kryptonite to many peoples MMA heros. Im talking about guys who practices BJJ, Judo, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing, Boxing, Karate, Sambo and whatever other fancy esoteric shit there is.

Wrestling can be boring but Cain, GSP, Edgar/Maynard, Bones these guys are top of the chain...and Silva was lucky to escape Chael. Soon if one of these wrestlers like Edgar decides to go down to 145, he'd demolish that division as well. Its the most dominant style there is by far.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Because his style is pretty much kryptonite to many peoples MMA heros. Im talking about guys who practices BJJ, Judo, Kung Fu, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing, Boxing, Karate, Sambo and whatever other fancy esoteric shit there is.

Wrestling can be boring but Cain, GSP, Edgar/Maynard, Bones these guys are top of the chain...and Silva was lucky to escape Chael. Soon if one of these wrestlers like Edgar decides to go down to 145, he'd demolish that division as well. Its the most dominant style there is by far.
4 rounds in top position and did basically no damage to an injured Silva and still got subbed. Jones could hardly be described as your standard wrestler type and GSP and Cain havent been overusing the wrestling in recent fights.

I understand what your saying about the dominance of wrestling but i think its a trend as is the way of these things in relatively new sports. At first Jiu Jitsu was increidbly important then poeple got wary so practised it more, subs are alot more rare these days, or at least seem to be even at lower levels. I expect the success of wrestler types to wain increasingly over the next few years.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #9
Jojoba
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Its one thing to be a dishonest cheating scumbag; but to call others dishonest cheating scumbags when your laundry is saturated with shit-stains is low to the point of idiocy?!??
And although effective his fighting style was ****ing one-beat and pretty much anti-mma. Good riddance.
Jojoba is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
Count Pacula
Cashweight Thrillionaire
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
So what if he talks shit! He's hilarious in doing so. He has some of the funniest quotes I've ever heard from a fighter

I don't know, I just see alot of serious hate for the guy and I don't get it. I think he's a great fighter and great for the sport.
It's not the shit-talking that makes him a dick stain. It's the fact that he is ridiculously wrong about certain things and aggressively tries to sell his points as if we need to bow to him and admit that he's right about everything. For starters he refers to Silva as a "joke." The problem with this is Sonnen is pissing in the wind because he has given the sport of MMA a black eye by being guilty of using PEDs. To add insult to injury he has the balls to call himself an honest person.

The guy's a sore loser. To this day he is still flaming Silva and has absolutely nothing positive to say about Silva beating him. People love to over-glorify Chael's last performance but they don't consider these factors: (1) The cheating bastard juiced up (2) The difference is Silva could've literally killed him whereas all Sonnen could do was knock Silva off balance. That said, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between the two. It has to be on an even playing field and if Silva wins convincingly Sonnen needs to finally give credit where it's due before he chokes on crow.
Count Pacula is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #11
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post

You got one thing very right. Wrestling is kryptonite to many people's MMA heroes, but only under the current UFC rules and scoring.

He is very effective, but we don't know how good he is. One day he's talking shit about Lance Armstrong and PED's, that hormone treatment and PED's are what gave Armstrong Cancer.. Then we find out he's taking, "Testosterone treatment" because he has a vagina and doesn't have any pubes. Then we find out the person administering the test was good ol doctor dirt, always a wad of dip in his mouth and local physician Matt Lindland.

Come on man. The guy is a piece of trash. He seems to be pretty darn good in the ring, but he's also shown that his kryptonite style is still very susceptible to an armbar.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #12
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
The guy is a great fighter. He beat the hell out of Anderson for almost 5 rounds. And he is the only guy to actually come out and FIGHT Anderson, even hurting him and outstriking him on the feet. Not even the blood & guts warrior Forrest Griffin took the fight to Anderson, Vitor sat back and tried to counter (Vitor tried to counter!), but Chael took it to him and backed up or at least tried to back up all the shit he talked!

Chael Sonnen needs to show some more respect and shut his mouth a little more !!!

To call Sonnen " a great fighter " is innacurate , he's lost to B level fighters and is only really now starting to show that he belongs with the worlds best in the sport , then he goes and fails a drug test !! , but keeps shooting the shit about other fighters and things in general , the guy is an idiot !!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #13
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
4 rounds in top position and did basically no damage to an injured Silva and still got subbed. Jones could hardly be described as your standard wrestler type and GSP and Cain havent been overusing the wrestling in recent fights.

I understand what your saying about the dominance of wrestling but i think its a trend as is the way of these things in relatively new sports. At first Jiu Jitsu was increidbly important then poeple got wary so practised it more, subs are alot more rare these days, or at least seem to be even at lower levels. I expect the success of wrestler types to wain increasingly over the next few years.
As strong , dominant wrestlers if these guys get in trouble they revert to what they know and what they do best , i dont know how you would expect the wrestling prototype to wain , if anything it will get stronger , what you will have is stand up fighters learning to wrestle as part of there all round MMA skill set " because they have too " , on the flip side , you will now have wrestlers wanting to improve and learn the stand up game at an earlier stage than usual , and as we have seen , the athletic ability of a wrestler gives him that platform to adapt to the different disciplines easier than the other individual bases .

There's a big difference there , and the difference is , wrestlers who have stand up are more dangerous than strikers who have wrestling

That IMHO is not about to change any time in the next 5 years
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #14
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

His performance in the Silva fight MUST be questioned now on account of his roid abuse. Plus he is a complete arsehole who has been submitted more times than a serial rape victim.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #15
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

A guy with a motor mouth like that and the mistakes he's made is bound to get disliked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
His performance in the Silva fight MUST be questioned now on account of his roid abuse. Plus he is a complete arsehole who has been submitted more times than a serial rape victim.
It wasn't the roids that impacted that fight, it was Silva's ribs.
Flash Jab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum