boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Alistair Overeem vs Fabricio Werdum

SF HW Grand Prix

Overeem

Current SF HW champion and kick boxing phenom , ranked by most as an elite level HW standout in todays MMA after years of being a LHW nearly man , clearly on a new path as a HW with his immense strength , stand up and all round grappling Overeem is already being seen as one of the favourites for this well contested intruiging Grand Prix .

Werdum

A world class grappler and experienced HW mixed martial artisit , has fought and beaten some of the best fighters in the world and current decade , has shown flaws in his stand up ****nal but when ranking the current top HW's on ground game alone Werdum is the #1 in the world . A proper sized HW with a top game that strikes fear into any fighter in the world , as well as being equally dangerous from his back with his lanky lims .

Predictions gents

How you see the fight going , who wins and how ???


Last edited by thewinfella; 06-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Overeem TKO1. Overeem is looking unstoppable and i dont see many surviving the opening stanza. Werdum has got one chance but i dont see him even getting the chance to take it to the ground

Overeem TKO1 via strikes
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Overeem by humiliation. He'll stuff everyone of Werdum's take downs and smash him up on his feet.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: France
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 277
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Just to add to what you stated already, for all of Overeem's ability, his problem historically has been that he gases out. A KO by Overeem is possible because Werdum can be stunned, however, the longer this fight goes on, the more it is to Werdum's advantage because he has the ability and the style to stay longer in the fight.

For these reason's, even though a KO by Overeem would not be shocking, I pick Werdum via sub in the 3rd.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,460
vCash: 75
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Overeem will decimate Werdum in the first I reckon. He appears freakishly strong, and I think his punch resistance has definitely improved since he bulked up, not that it matters here much.

Overeem is looking a beast, I expect him to avenge his loss here, against a very capable fighter and a phenomenal BJJ practitioner.

The UFC awaits
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,479
vCash: 75
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
Just to add to what you stated already, for all of Overeem's ability, his problem historically has been that he gases out. A KO by Overeem is possible because Werdum can be stunned, however, the longer this fight goes on, the more it is to Werdum's advantage because he has the ability and the style to stay longer in the fight.

For these reason's, even though a KO by Overeem would not be shocking, I pick Werdum via sub in the 3rd.
Do you see Werdum taking Overeem down rounds 1 to 2 ??

If not , how do you see Werdum not at some point being stunned standing up , not mentioning leg kicks ??

Not critisising your point mate just wondering how you see Werdum nullifying Overeem for 2 full rounds
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,169
vCash: 100
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

This fight is taking ages...
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: France
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 277
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Do you see Werdum taking Overeem down rounds 1 to 2 ??

If not , how do you see Werdum not at some point being stunned standing up , not mentioning leg kicks ??

Not critisising your point mate just wondering how you see Werdum nullifying Overeem for 2 full rounds
I don't really see him taking Overeem down and getting on top, but the way he got Overeem into his own guard from the first fight is definitely possible again.

Yes, he could certainly get stunned and probably will by Overeem, but unless he is KO's cold he is a very difficult man to finish on the ground, probably the most difficult at HW.

If Overeem does not get him with a flurry in the 1st, it will become easier and easier for Werdum to take the fight where he wants. Even if he cannot get on top of reem he can still make it happen from his back as we have seen before.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 117
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Overeem by KO
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
elixirvtec
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 336
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Just remember everyone said the same thing about Fedor. How Fedor was gonna kick his ass with Werdum having no chance of winning. Im going with Overeem by KO. Either First or Second Round. But dont be surprise if Werdum pull some **** out his ass and submits Overeem.
elixirvtec is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,169
vCash: 100
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirvtec View Post
Just remember everyone said the same thing about Fedor. How Fedor was gonna kick his ass with Werdum having no chance of winning. Im going with Overeem by KO. Either First or Second Round. But dont be surprise if Werdum pull some **** out his ass and submits Overeem.
Overeem ain't Fedor, though. He's not gonna get lured in and dive into a submission jungle.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #12
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Overeem by devasting KO. Round 1.

It'll look just like the JDS fight alhtough even more devasting because Overeem is twice the striker JDS is.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #13
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirvtec View Post
Just remember everyone said the same thing about Fedor. How Fedor was gonna kick his ass with Werdum having no chance of winning. Im going with Overeem by KO. Either First or Second Round. But dont be surprise if Werdum pull some **** out his ass and submits Overeem.
I suppose lighting could strike twice, that's what happened the first time.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #14
elixirvtec
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 336
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
I suppose lighting could strike twice, that's what happened the first time.

yes thats true, but werdum isn't no scrub. He's a wolrd glass bjj
elixirvtec is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Default Re: Overeem vs Werdum - Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirvtec View Post
yes thats true, but werdum isn't no scrub. He's a wolrd glass bjj
Overeem just needs to be careful not to let this fight go to the ground. If Werdum had good wrestling he good very dangerous but his BJJ is more of a trump card. If and it's a big if the fight goes to the ground Werdum could sub Overeem but he doesn't have powerful wrestling shots and he's not pulling guard on Overeem.

I still say Overeem via KO in RD1 but I'm not writing Werdum off completely.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015