Castillo vs Corrales I 23 38.98%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #31
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Barrera vs Morales I vs Castillo vs Corrales I

And just how evenly matched mas Marco Antonio against Morelas???
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #32
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Two of the best fights you'll ever see...Hands down
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #33
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Saw both fights the night they happened, and as an amateur boxer at the time I was humbled as **** both times. Such brilliant moments in each.

- Barrera coming back after Morales was beating him in the 5th round. Morales almost going down in the 8th and then swinging with abandon while pretty much out on his feet and closing the end of the round.

- the end of corrales and Castillo though, and the beating they gave eachother leading up to it was incredible.

Chico vs JLC for me.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #34
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
And just how evenly matched mas Marco Antonio against Morelas???
When the fight was signed Morales was supposed to win pretty comfortably.

A lot of people forget that everyone figued Barrera was declining and Morales was the NEW undefeated Mexican star because he had just KO'd Junior Jones easily, while Barrera was KO'd and lost again to Jones. Morales was looking devastating coming in and this was supposed to cement his status as the next Chavez.

Barrera restored himself completely that night.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #35
box101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Both all time great fights fought at extreamly high level two me ever so slightly i would lean toward chico vs castillo because of the explosive action an ending
box101 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #36
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Castillo vs Corrales is garbage compared to Barrera vs Morales.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #37
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4229

Barrera vs. Morales, no question about it. This was the first fight I saw that made me fall in love with boxing (Actually it was the trilogy, but i watched them in order lol). When it comes to skill, definitely MvB. As Bernie said, Coralles vs. Castillo was a slugfest. When it comes to rivalry, MvB again. You could see and feel the hate throughout the whole trilogy, inside the ring and out.

TC, I agreed with you completely in your first post. I thought I was the only one pissed off at the fact the ref gave Coralles so many breaks. I admit, it did make for a classic fight but another ref would have taken points away from Coralles earlier or stopped the fight earlier. I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this but I think the ref have Coralles wayyyyy more chances than he did Castillo. And Castillo proved who the better man was in the rematch. I think it was an amazing, classic war that will go down in the history books but the mouthpiece spitting always stayed in the back of my mind.
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #38
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurby22 View Post
Barrera vs. Morales, no question about it. This was the first fight I saw that made me fall in love with boxing (Actually it was the trilogy, but i watched them in order lol). When it comes to skill, definitely MvB. As Bernie said, Coralles vs. Castillo was a slugfest. When it comes to rivalry, MvB again. You could see and feel the hate throughout the whole trilogy, inside the ring and out.

TC, I agreed with you completely in your first post. I thought I was the only one pissed off at the fact the ref gave Coralles so many breaks. I admit, it did make for a classic fight but another ref would have taken points away from Coralles earlier or stopped the fight earlier. I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for this but I think the ref have Coralles wayyyyy more chances than he did Castillo. And Castillo proved who the better man was in the rematch. I think it was an amazing, classic war that will go down in the history books but the mouthpiece spitting always stayed in the back of my mind.
Nah it wasn't a slugfest, you need to watch the fight again. But you have Barrera in your avatar, so your opinion is set. Yes Barrera and Morales are more skilled, however the fight between Castillo and Corrales was not a simple slugfest. It was a high level battle.
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #39
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

castillio- corales. that ending does it for for me. almost like it was or scripted. as if the fight wasn't good enough and enough of a thriller then you have corales come back and ko castillo in the same round where he was knocked down several times. straight up rocky shit.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #40
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
Nah it wasn't a slugfest, you need to watch the fight again. But you have Barrera in your avatar, so your opinion is set. Yes Barrera and Morales are more skilled, however the fight between Castillo and Corrales was not a simple slugfest. It was a high level battle.
Yea I can see how you would think I'm biased cause of my avatar, and shit maybe I am, but we are comparing two ATG's known for their boxer/brawler abilities to another two that are pretty much known for this fight. I might have exaggerated when I said it was a slugfest but compared to MvB, it was.
gurby22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum