Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
bam-bam
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default diet - help

orite lads, ive been looking around for information on diet, it seems there is CONSTANT conflicting evidence/advice, so its been a long road, but i feel ive got somewhere with it, or somewhere near so I'm not just coming to you lads for you to do all of my work/research for me.

78kg, want to get to 65 or below. to compete at 60.
not sure on body fat % but could pop to boots if it is needed to help me.

5.45 wake - water and run 5 miles
7am breakfast - weetabix, semi skimmed milk
9.30/10 snack - bannana and an apple
12pm dinner - turkey salad/ham,chicken,turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread
2pm snack - handful of cashews or almonds and another piece of fruit
5pm small portion of wholemeal pasta/brown rice/cous cous
7pm boxing (8.30 protein shake after boxing)
9pm salmon and steamed vegetables
10pm bed

the only thing that would change is tuesdays and thursdays my boxing gym isnt open so i would go and do interval sprints on a field near my house, pretty much the same ones suggested in the complete beginners guide sticky. just so im getting a few different types of cardio.

any help of some of the guys on here, i know its stupid to completely cut carbs, but i know also that they're bad in large portions. ive read up on glycogen levels etc. so i think this is an ok diet. but as i say, body builders have one diet they swear buy, runners have another, then boxers.

Cheers for anyone who can help me though lads.
bam-bam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
MrSmall

vCash: 1000
Default Re: diet - help

the reason there is conflicting advice on diet is that lots of things can work and have worked for lots of people. and obviously the people who do one sport will say its the best, while others from other sports will say something else!
that diet looks good, train hard and keep at it for a few weeks/months and if the weight isn't coming off, I'd probably take out that protein shake after boxing as its just before you eat a proper meal anyway, and if you are aiming for such a big weight loss I doubt you will need that extra.
TAKE YOUR TIME and don't rush it, a loss like that unless you are really fat will be slow and SHOULD be slow.
definitely do those extra cardio sessions, be it sprinting, jumping rope, a jog, a brisk walk in the morning, it all adds up and all helps.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
bam-bam
Journeyman

I'll drop it all together then, the only reason i was drinking it in such close proximity was to get some down me. Ive been feeling achy after training, even with extensive stretching. would you recommend moving it and seeing how i go? or dropping it all together. Im aiming for around 2/3lbs a week. from what i understand crash weight loss is no good and it will go back on pretty much straight away anyway. Although Im happy if i do a pound a week and im that weight by the end of the year.

Thanks for the quick reply too.
bam-bam is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
MrSmall

vCash: 1000

achiness with training will go after time, if it doesn't, it could be anything but you might be under recovering.
2-3lb a week for your weight is a lot, aim for 1lb and if its more, good, but keep an eye on it, too quick and it won't be fat, take your time.
you seem to be on the right track!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
tofu2009
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think Glutamine is better after training anyway mate.
tofu2009 is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
bam-bam
Journeyman

Ok I'll aim for 1lb a week, i think the trap to fall into is losing a hell of a lot real quick, and either making yourself ill, or putting it back on as soon as you even look at a carb.

Yeah the achiness could be due to the beasting we had last week, my coach was on holiday so the gym was closed for 4 weeks. I was still running, but nothing compares to a good session in the boxing gym. I think the aim was to blow a few cobwebs away with us all on the first week back haha. I've only just recovered this morning.

Thanks mr small. Also tofu, I've heard good things about l glutamine, I will look into getting some and trying it out for myself. Thanks mate.
bam-bam is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3681

I think that's a pretty solid diet, there's about 1200 calories in that with about 75 grams of protein (excluding the shake), assuming an average training session, your gonna add about that amount of calories to your daily requirement so you will be running at quite a deficit to your daily requirements, you will undoubtly drop weight quickly at this but might be in danger of a kind of starvation mode.

I would increase portions size as you approach your target weight or add other foods to boost calorie intake, maybe allow that protein shake after all.

Do you feel hunngry in the gap between your 5:00pm meal and 9:00pm supper?
Broxi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing