Old 06-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #16
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: dallas v price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
put it this way. the next time we see Tom Dallas it will be in Prizefighter.
Where belongs really.

I know people must think i dislike guy cos a long time i been saying he's shit but as a man the way he spoke on ringside i have nothing but respect for guy and i wouldn't begrudge him if he won tonight nor would i have a right to....but he's just so stiff and poor it's astonishing how anyone felt he could be a force outside of fighting Latvians.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
colinthfc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 289

On Ringside Dallas had a defeatist attitude

When he was offered the fight he needed to think about it. You would think a hungry HW would jump at the chance of a big fight. I think Zack Page has destroyed his confidence.
colinthfc is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Where belongs really.

I know people must think i dislike guy cos a long time i been saying he's shit but as a man the way he spoke on ringside i have nothing but respect for guy and i wouldn't begrudge him if he won tonight nor would i have a right to....but he's just so stiff and poor it's astonishing how anyone felt he could be a force outside of fighting Latvians.
to be fair the british heavy scene is quite good at the moment. a few years ago when guys like scott gammer were british champ he would of had a shot.

he is big and has power. nobody thinks he is gonna be a world beater. just enjoy it.

in all seriousness if Price doesn't do a job on him tonight you have to question his credentials going forward
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinthfc View Post

When he was offered the fight he needed to think about it. You would think a hungry HW would jump at the chance of a big fight. I think Zack Page has destroyed his confidence.
He took it on short notice!!!!
Of course he's gonna think about it
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #20
tomj
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 966

What time is it on?
tomj is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:

No he never he just was honest and said i give it my best shot. He didn't say anything about rolling over and losing..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #22
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:

Agreed. His attitude reminded me of Jennings before he faced Cotto. I remember him saying "it's going to be a tough job, but i'll go and give it my best". Dallas was the same the other day. He looked beaten already. I wouldn't be suprised to see this over in 1 round.
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No he never he just was honest and said i give it my best shot. He didn't say anything about rolling over and losing..
He didn't exactly ooze confidence though. Maybe that's just him? He looked beaten already to me.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #24
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
He didn't exactly ooze confidence though. Maybe that's just him? He looked beaten already to me.
I think Colin's right about his confidence being affected but really and truly Tom doesn't seem a Floyd type ''yeah gonna win this fight, gonna school Price give him a beating in front of his fans' type of talker. Just a hardworking fella who's saved the show and should be applauded for it. Could of hid behind his '0' that he's lucky to have. We all know that some fighters in past and in future have bottled this type of chance.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
FrochFan7
Expert In Stucco
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Yeah he looked beaten already to me but maybe that's just his way and truth be told, he was pretty shit last time out.

Plus the clip of him and Price sparring didn't look very inspiring from a Dallas point of view but then again David Price himself has been respectful saying it was competitive.
FrochFan7 is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #26
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think Colin's right about his confidence being affected but really and truly Tom doesn't seem a Floyd type ''yeah gonna win this fight, gonna school Price give him a beating in front of his fans' type of talker. Just a hardworking fella who's saved the show and should be applauded for it. Could of hid behind his '0' that he's lucky to have. We all know that some fighters in past and in future have bottled this type of chance.
That's a fair point. As I said, maybe its just his demeanor and he prefers to do his talking in the ring, as they say. I suppose it's unusual to see a pro boxer appear to be so downbeat before a fight.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #27
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
That's a fair point. As I said, maybe its just his demeanor and he prefers to do his talking in the ring, as they say. I suppose it's unusual to see a pro boxer appear to be so downbeat before a fight.
I agree with you, i just think he's simple minded guy. He probs just trying to take any pressure of him and put it on Price.

Your other post. Rnd 1 KO for Price?. I think the same. Just think Dallas is easy to hit and will get hurt and it will enter KOTY 2011.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #28
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcboxfan View Post
hes like that in real life, just a honest guy, i dont think hes to bright to be fair
Exactly what i thought he seems very straight ahead in everything he does. Sorta guy that doesn't think about things just smashes through them.

His interview after Page fight ''I was getting bored''. He's got a sorta caveman's approach.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Well, I expect both men know what is going to happen tonight. They've done enough sparring. You can always say 'it was even' and that they were working on things, but at some point its natural to push your level and see who the better man is.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #30
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I agree with you, i just think he's simple minded guy. He probs just trying to take any pressure of him and put it on Price.

Your other post. Rnd 1 KO for Price?. I think the same. Just think Dallas is easy to hit and will get hurt and it will enter KOTY 2011.
I think Price will nail him early on and that will be that. I hope Dallas at least makes it competitive, but I'm not expecting it. Especially when he looked so pedestrian in his last fight.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum