Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
kimonerz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1145
Default breathing through the nose

I find it extremely difficult to breathe through my nose. Everytime I'm sparring the Coach says close your mouth but if I do, I cant really breathe good!! I really want to start breathing freely through my nose because my throat gets dried up. I broke my nose 2 times, do you think that plays a part of my difficulty of breathing through my nose???
kimonerz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
sharpshooter736
The Punishment, Served

vCash: 1000
Default Re: breathing through the nose

your coach is absolutley right, but if you are having trouble breathing out of your nose, just breath out of your mouth, but i hope ur guard is up because it is much easier for you to get a busted lip with your mouth open.

breaking your nose shouldnt really affect your breathing through your nose, but im not a doctor. i suggest you see a doctor before this reach's a more serious note.

-Adam
sharpshooter736 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimonerz
I find it extremely difficult to breathe through my nose. Everytime I'm sparring the Coach says close your mouth but if I do, I cant really breathe good!! I really want to start breathing freely through my nose because my throat gets dried up. I broke my nose 2 times, do you think that plays a part of my difficulty of breathing through my nose???
Im not a doctor, but I would say your broken nose might have somthing to do with it. My trainer helped me to breath through my nose more by telling me to always wear my mouth guard during training, so I would wear it when I was skipping rope, running, obviously sparring. What it does is it makes you unconsciously breath your nose, after awhile of doing that, it will become second nature to always breath through your nose instead of your mouth. Give it a shot, Im pretty sure it will help.

Last edited by Punisher33; 12-02-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
younghypnotiq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter736
your coach is absolutley right, but if you are having trouble breathing out of your nose, just breath out of your mouth, but i hope ur guard is up because it is much easier for you to get a busted lip with your mouth open.

breaking your nose shouldnt really affect your breathing through your nose, but im not a doctor. i suggest you see a doctor before this reach's a more serious note.

-Adam
busted lip. **** that open mouth = broken jaw
younghypnotiq is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Hi there im no doctor either but i do work in a doctors surgery (which is no substitute for drs advice). Id say it could be numerous things, your broken nose could be possible, could have bad sinus's (spelling lol) , could have slight asthma (you dont have to have attacks to have asthma, sometimes it can just be a wheezy chest or a cough) . As i always say when people post medical issues on here , go see your doctor because there is no substitute for his advice and he shouldnt mind thats how he gets paid. He might give you an inhaler (like my doc did a few years ago) and tell you to just use it before exercise and that might solve all your problems. Deffo go see a doctor matey
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing