Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
LeonardEllerbe

vCash:
Default help gaining weight/muscle mass.

I'm a 10 and half stone starting boxing. I really want to build some muscle on. I'm tall for my weight though to i am really skinny and when i put weight on it tends to just go on my stomach rather then my arms etc. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323
Default Re: help gaining weight/muscle mass.

Eat a lot. Lift a lot.
I've gone from a lower weight than you (about 135lbs) at 5ft11 to over 170lbs. Just started eating shitloads. I know some people won't agree but just eat everything in sight. Try to get protein, but if you can't just eat, eat, eat.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
MrSmall
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

just train your ass off (no excuses to miss sessions) and eat EVERYTHING you want and don't want, and then see the results after a few months and adapt accordingly. lift some weights, look up strength training, learn about it, educate yourself. the personal training thread has loads of stuff.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
MrSmall
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
Eat a lot. Lift a lot.
I've gone from a lower weight than you (about 135lbs) at 5ft11 to over 170lbs. Just started eating shitloads. I know some people won't agree but just eat everything in sight. Try to get protein, but if you can't just eat, eat, eat.
some people like to do things slowly over many years of wasting their time just incase they lose their precious sixpack, but only ever gain (and lose soon after) a few lbs.
Or do the classic "I don't want to get TOO big, so I won't eat big", so they stay the same weight.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
some people like to do things slowly over many years of wasting their time just incase they lose their precious sixpack, but only ever gain (and lose soon after) a few lbs.
Or do the classic "I don't want to get TOO big, so I won't eat big", so they stay the same weight.
I made that mistake for years. Yeah my body isn't ripped or anything right now, I still wanna get bigger atm, but eventually I'll get to my target weight then start eating clean and then get my six pack
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
MrSmall
Journeyman

Think of it this way, if you are 10% bodyfat at 140lbs, and 12% bodyfat at 170lbs, who do you think looks more ripped? But who is carrying more fat? And who has more muscle? And a large schlong?
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

^? lol
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
Think of it this way, if you are 10% bodyfat at 140lbs, and 12% bodyfat at 170lbs, who do you think looks more ripped? But who is carrying more fat? And who has more muscle? And a large schlong?
Yes indeed. I actually compared the size of my arms to one of the trainers in the gym, apart from having a much lower bodyfat so you could clearly see his muscles my arms were bigger. Felt good. We also got our schlongs out coz he was angry at my arms, my dick was shrivelled due to the workout (for some reason it does that) but erect4erect I know I have him.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
holmes

vCash: 390

Quote:
Yes indeed. I actually compared the size of my arms to one of the trainers in the gym, apart from having a much lower bodyfat so you could clearly see his muscles my arms were bigger. Felt good. We also got our schlongs out coz he was angry at my arms, my dick was shrivelled due to the workout (for some reason it does that) but erect4erect I know I have him.
You guys are facked. Personally I have a hard time eating shittons cause I've always been a skinny shit and my stomach just doesnt seem able to handle large amounts of food. Plus work/schedule and all that type of shit. I take a weight gainer which is about 940 calories and 70g protein a serving but I've only gained about 5lbs after a month.
holmes is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Eat a lot. Lift a lot.
this does indeed seem to be the key along with weights of course , ive given up worrying about my stomach so long as it doesnt stick out then i eat as much as physically possible
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #11
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
You guys are facked. Personally I have a hard time eating shittons cause I've always been a skinny shit and my stomach just doesnt seem able to handle large amounts of food. Plus work/schedule and all that type of shit. I take a weight gainer which is about 940 calories and 70g protein a serving but I've only gained about 5lbs after a month.
Your stomach will stretch. Seriously it sometimes takes me half an hour to finish a meal because I'm just trying to get everything in. It has backfired though, eating boiled eggs on a full stomach is horrible, I threw the eggs back up. Weird thing is they came out perfect with no bile or anything, so I just scooped it up and had it in a sandwich later. Don't waste food. Also your gag reflexes will get a good workout, I could probably suck a mean dick.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #13
holmes

vCash: 390

Quote:
Eat a lot. Lift a lot.
How'd you do this?!? I'm currently at 135lbs, trying to bulk a little.
holmes is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #14
MrSmall
Journeyman

EAT SOMETHING!
What do you mean how did you do this?
EAT!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #15
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes View Post
How'd you do this?!? I'm currently at 135lbs, trying to bulk a little.
Pretty much what Small said. Also I guess my body, and I dunno whether this will sound stupid, but I guess my body thought it was time to pack some weight on It seemed like I just started to gain weight easily one month, and never stopped. I'd been on these ridiculous diets and they never worked, so I just made the effort to eat everything within reach and gained.
Just eat mate. Are you eating now? If not why not? Just eat.
Smudger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing