Old 06-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394
Default Re: Tarver Sparring fro Greeny clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Tarver doesn't make the weight limit and goes on to knock Green out in less than 6 rounds....Tarver with heavy hands will break Green down and make it look easy. Tarver has the speed, the chin and the experience and not least the power.
Just hypothetically speaking now, lets say Green does win. Will you suddenly jump on the Tarver was old and shot bandwagon?? None of the factors you mention above seem to take Tarvers age into account.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I know it's only sparring but to me Tarver looks gone in that video....no legs no "snap and move" in his punching.....if it's one thing he should be working on in sparring is punch and move...his movement looks slow...punches look a bit better but no real snap

Who was he sparring? he did a good job doing a greeny....he could have landed to the head hard and often...it was clear he was holding back on Tarver....problem for me is he got into position to land way to easy

If Tarver shows up moving at that speed he wont be able to hold out Greens aggression for more than 5 rounds
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Ash, he is the same as his last fight m8, he is shot. Its just a money fight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oQ0Sah8xMs[/ame]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yeah I saw that fight...I was thinking 15 kgs less he may get back some zip
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #20
Raiders

vCash: 500

remember guys sparring is not a real fight, you spar to try new things, create your game plan ect look for tarver to counter Greens aggression
Raiders is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
I want to know where the Sparring partner got his Casanova headgear and groin guard!
The last time I saw Casanova gloves they were being worn by Rocky Belboa. Perhaps Sly Stallone gifted them to the mystery sparring partner?

Or maybe it's Rocky under that head-guard? .
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #22
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Australian boxing fans are funny, they must score fights on aggression. Did Tarver even get touched in that clip? Good boxers often look like they aren't trying. Tarver is going to win it easily, Green is the same limited chump he's always been. How about we look at Greens sparring, every round he spars at the end he has a blood nose.
Tarver didnt look great you have to admit.hopefully hes holding back knowing its being filmed and the Green camp
will see it.its on 20th July the Briggs fight was 21st July a
year to the day since the Briggs fight.lets hope hes publicly humiliated again and leaves the ring on a stretcher.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #23
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

If you honestly think he's going to allow cameras while he does his best work, you need your head read.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #24
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
If you honestly think he's going to allow cameras while he does his best work, you need your head read.
Well that's me then...I'm going to say he's passed his best and not capable of fast movement anymore....yeah he can still shoulder roll, head bob and counter but he's well passed it.

I'm off the fence...Green KO 5

I'm glad posters like you are tipping Tarver because when Green smashes him Green will get his dues around here
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #25
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Aint that the truth!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #26
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

I'm not tipping him, I just know there's not a hope in hell he's going to allow his main sparring to be filmed in the gym.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #27
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I know it's only sparring but to me Tarver looks gone in that video....no legs no "snap and move" in his punching.....if it's one thing he should be working on in sparring is punch and move...his movement looks slow...punches look a bit better but no real snap

Who was he sparring? he did a good job doing a greeny....he could have landed to the head hard and often...it was clear he was holding back on Tarver....problem for me is he got into position to land way to easy

If Tarver shows up moving at that speed he wont be able to hold out Greens aggression for more than 5 rounds
That's OK - Tarver will just have to throw more punches. Will you have your mobile handy on the night Ash?
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #28
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
That's OK - Tarver will just have to throw more punches. Will you have your mobile handy on the night Ash?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #29
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
Just hypothetically speaking now, lets say Green does win. Will you suddenly jump on the Tarver was old and shot bandwagon?? None of the factors you mention above seem to take Tarvers age into account.
No.

This is a great match up for Green and good on him for bringing this on and the undercard.....Green does put on the best undercards in this country.

There is no chance in hell that Green will bring the fight up to Tarver.......you only need to look at the fight with BJ and greens fight plan in that to see that Green will punch and move and not engage with a bigger fighter, I doubt he will attempt to engage in a punch up with the likes of Tarver knowing that Tarver not only has speed but the poise to pick the big shots.

Green will atleast once walk into a big shot and this is where I see the Green Machine down fall will come from.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #30
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Tarver didnt look great you have to admit.hopefully hes holding back knowing its being filmed and the Green camp
will see it.its on 20th July the Briggs fight was 21st July a
year to the day since the Briggs fight.lets hope hes publicly humiliated again and leaves the ring on a stretcher.
I think he looked very good. Timing and great defence. Against these bigger guys Tarvers skills come into play more. Tarvers never been a snappy fighter. He looked good at heavyweight as well I thought despite popular opinion. I know boxing, most fans don't. Green is going to have to be very aggressive and have his chin hold up if he's going to outpoint Tarver. If Green can beat Tarver it will easily be the best win of his career and I'll give him all the credit in the world. The reality is that Green is a fraud and is going to get worked in this fight.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum