Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #61
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Ringside

Gymnasium always cracks me up. Thats a proper Watt-ism. Nobody else says that. Literally nobody.
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #62
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Are we going to see shattered glass on par with Hatton-Pac? I think Haye is going to get put to sleep in the first half of this fight.
I personally think if Haye is going to do this he has to do within 5 rounds, speed is going to be key.

Haye needs to get in and out whether he goes in straight or angles is up to him but has to withdraw in the opposite manner that he attacked.

I honestly believe Hayemaker have a plan in place to take away the jab. Look at the Harrison fight. I'm not for a second saying Harrison is anything like Klitschko, BUT what both them fighters have in common is that they set their straight hand shots off the jab, Haye negated Harrison's, Wlad is 10 times the boxer than Harrison, but if Haye takes the jab off Wlad then he 70% there imo.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #63
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Gymnasium always cracks me up. Thats a proper Watt-ism. Nobody else says that. Literally nobody.
I know it is
gasman is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #64
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
whos tactics where best
Hatton block punches and get inside and hit
Mcguigan Punch at the same time
Watt back off then fight in bursts
Watts, similar tactics to Valuev but instead of pot-shotting be more aggressive with his flurries
chatty is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #65
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

That ending was cringe worthy when Johnny shouted ''lets get ready to rumble''. Thought to myself ''hope no one looks at him...embarrassing..''
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #66
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Brilliant show tonight.

It was a good move to show bits of the HBO face off.

Sky get some stick but they are doing a terrific job right now, and ringside is way, way more insightful than I thought it would be when its comeback was announced.
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #67
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
He's a legend as much as he annoys me.

My fav one atm is ''He needs to get out of there Adam!!!..'' dunno why but always makes me chuckle .
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #68
Casual133
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1161

Watt. He did say Haye needs to get Klitschko out of there early, though.
Casual133 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #69
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
Watts, similar tactics to Valuev but instead of pot-shotting be more aggressive with his flurries
Exactly. And the game-set-and-match point that he made about not trying to hold the centre of the ring and blocking punches () is that Haye will stay in range and become a sitting duck for Vlads big right hand that he will not see.

And as Barry said on the show tonight it is the punches that you cant see are the ones that get you KTFO - which is why he was prescribing sleeping tablets to Haye with his gameplan.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #70
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

You don't want to be trading punchez with this fellow.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #71
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

There was a brilliant Jim Watt impersonation thread done by Dunky, if anyone can find it they should bump it
gasman is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #72
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
I personally think if Haye is going to do this he has to do within 5 rounds, speed is going to be key.

Haye needs to get in and out whether he goes in straight or angles is up to him but has to withdraw in the opposite manner that he attacked.

I honestly believe Hayemaker have a plan in place to take away the jab. Look at the Harrison fight. I'm not for a second saying Harrison is anything like Klitschko, BUT what both them fighters have in common is that they set their straight hand shots off the jab, Haye negated Harrison's, Wlad is 10 times the boxer than Harrison, but if Haye takes the jab off Wlad then he 70% there imo.
That is a big IF i.e removing the jab. I just think that over the past couple of fights Haye has shown a leaky defence, he can be too reckless at times. I think we can assume that Booth will give Haye a great gameplan, and I think it will be similar to what Watt was discussing tonight.

But, Vlad is a seasoned champion, he has that jab down to a tee and holds substantial height and reach advantages. Haye has the speed, explosiveness and power - but I still think he is going to get buzzed on the way in and possibly KO'd with one big right.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #73
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Exactly. And the game-set-and-match point that he made about not trying to hold the centre of the ring and blocking punches () is that Haye will stay in range and become a sitting duck for Vlads big right hand that he will not see.

And as Barry said on the show tonight it is the punches that you cant see are the ones that get you KTFO - which is why he was prescribing sleeping tablets to Haye with his gameplan.
Watt had the best generic gameplan from that bunch. Don't want to overate wlad but we've seen even blocked punches hurt opponents, that's why hatton and Barry would have haye get killed with their gameplans.

Also wlad has the best jab in the business, why was Nelson throwing that shitty ingle jab from the hip?

Really enjoyed this ringside though. Watt should be there more often discussing tactics. Nelson was okay today too, although I reckon he should be wearing one size bigger shirt and jeans. Even my mrs commented on the big bulge in his jeans while he was doing his crap wlad impression.
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #74
ChristoDuran
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm pretty sure Jonny Nelson owes Michael Buffer a fair wedge for using his catchphrase. I'm not even going to say it as that beautiful-voiced silver fox will sue the hairs from my arse.
ChristoDuran is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #75
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jonesy View Post
****ing LOL @ ricky hatton

the problem is, wladimir dont telegraph any punches... that is why he is deceptively quick
Yep.Byrd and Chambers both said hes much quicker than he looks with his hands and footwork.
bam bam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum