boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461
Default So Is Penn Waiting For Fitch Or Is He Going To Move On To Someone Else?

Whats the deal with BJ i havent heard anything from him in a while.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Is Penn Waiting For Fitch Or Is He Going To Move On To Someone Else?

I think he might be waiting to see who wins between Edgar and Maynard before he decides whether to stay at 170 or go back to 155.

I don't know, but I'm guessing BJ is pretty torn right now.

I doubt he'd have a realistic shot of beating GSP at 170, I doubt the UFC would be very interested in giving him another automatic shot at Edgar, he is friends with Gray Maynard, he knows Nick Diaz would be a great fight for him but what's the point if Diaz loses to GSP, does he really want another shot at Fitch considering how Fitch used his strength and size advantages in that 3rd round, etc etc...

It's a difficult time to be BJ Penn. That's why I'm surprised Dana chose Bisping and Mayhem for TUF coaches, when BJ doesn't have anything on just now. BJ and Pettis or something would've been great.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: So Is Penn Waiting For Fitch Or Is He Going To Move On To Someone Else?

He is waiting for the situation with Aoki to clear up
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
He is waiting for the situation with Aoki to clear up
Who do you think would win a grappling match between the two?
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

It would be close but I think Aoki takes it. Aoki has not been doing grappling competitions for a while, but neither has BJ. It is clear to me at least Aoki has developed his grappling to a higher level in the last few years to where I consider him the best P4P grappler in MMA.

Last time I made this argument people put up videos of Aoki losing in ADCC, but to BJJ legends significantly above his weightclass.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Who do you think would win a grappling match between the two?
Penn would submit Aoki within the distance of a JJ fight ................. without doubt
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalistinho View Post
Whats the deal with BJ i havent heard anything from him in a while.
The Fitch re match is semi official , both BJ and Fitch are injured or where and are recovering , he has claimed he's not fighting @55 again and hinted that Fitch 2 will be his last fight .

A good source for up to date info on Penn is BJPenn.com funnily enough
Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
It would be close but I think Aoki takes it. Aoki has not been doing grappling competitions for a while, but neither has BJ. It is clear to me at least Aoki has developed his grappling to a higher level in the last few years to where I consider him the best P4P grappler in MMA.

Last time I made this argument people put up videos of Aoki losing in ADCC, but to BJJ legends significantly above his weightclass.
He said a grappling match not an MMA fight , Aoki is not the best grappler in MMA not by a long way , there are way more talented fighters in MMA that dont compete at the level of Aoki does who P4P are stronger grapplers , Shaolin , Drysdale , Roger Gracie to name but a few , then there's Jacare Souza & Maia who make Aoki look like an amateur
Old 06-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

I really get the feeling he doesn't give a **** anymore. He probably doesn't want to fight again at WW because he's not hungry to fight, he doesn't need to boost himself in the ranks and even if he did, it'd be for a fight against GSP; someone he probably wouldn't get to fight again and a guy he's in no hurry to face again. And Edgar beat him twice, plus he doesn't really seem to want his belt back.

Who knows.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

He wants to fight Shields. He twitted about it, this is well known.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #11
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
He wants to fight Shields. He twitted about it, this is well known.
Which was apparently countered by the UFC who said they want Fitch 2 , but again nothing concrete has been released on this .
Old 06-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
I really get the feeling he doesn't give a **** anymore. He probably doesn't want to fight again at WW because he's not hungry to fight, he doesn't need to boost himself in the ranks and even if he did, it'd be for a fight against GSP; someone he probably wouldn't get to fight again and a guy he's in no hurry to face again. And Edgar beat him twice, plus he doesn't really seem to want his belt back.

Who knows.
I find myself saying this same thing after every one of Penn's fights these days ............. how hungry is he , or more to the point how much hunger has gone ???

He is financially secure (as stated by himself) can no longer make 55 , and the animals at 70 today are not fighters a half focused BJ Penn can run through , i personally as a massive Penn fan , would like to see him retire , silly matches with faded stars like Royce or Renzo Gracie really dont interest me for Penn , he belongs on main events , or with a title round his waist , not in the medium ranks .
Old 06-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Yeah, I think Penn is done too, personally. I think it's time.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
Beekeeper
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
He said a grappling match not an MMA fight , Aoki is not the best grappler in MMA not by a long way , there are way more talented fighters in MMA that dont compete at the level of Aoki does who P4P are stronger grapplers , Shaolin , Drysdale , Roger Gracie to name but a few , then there's Jacare Souza & Maia who make Aoki look like an amateur
WTF? How do Jacare and SOuza make Aoki look like an amateur? Aoki impregnates people on the ground
Old 06-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #15
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
WTF? How do Jacare and SOuza make Aoki look like an amateur? Aoki impregnates people on the ground
Compare the grappling credentials of Aoki to Souza ....................

If you do , you'll see that they dont compare

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum