Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #1
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default If Mayweather-Hatton doesn't come off

Will Mayweather fight again this year and who will he fight. Trinidad is coming back but its unlikely he'd jump in straight away with Mayweather.

I see the following options:

1. Hatton - Could well come off but Hatton doesnt seem that serious, is talking about tune ups again, and has already turned it down 5 times and demanded $12.5m
2. Mosley - Mosley is a fight we all want to see, Mosley would probably have to take the small money to make the fight though, would he do this?

There isn't any other names on the horizon, which could be a problem. The next likely ones are:

3. Trinidad - but this doesn't look too likely
4. Spinks - free has a 154lb belt, would be an intriguing fight
5. Cotto - tied up with Arrum who wants either Judah/Margarito for Cotto
6. Cintron - IBF belt holder
7. Margarito - unlikely, not a draw, dangerous, and is supposed to be fighting Cotto.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852
Default Re: If Mayweather-Hatton doesn't come off

I'm not sure. But i HOPE i can say i would like to see Mayweather back in action with somebody w/o being labled one of his dick smokers.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The Hatton/Mayweather wont come off because Hatton is scared and will come up with as many excuses as possible to avoid fighting him.
audio101 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrese
Gayweather will only fight another past-prime "name", probably next year - I expect it will be Mosley...

1. Hatton - this fight makes more sense in the UK where they could do a gate of 50K+ but Gayweather wants everything on this terms. Don't expect it to come off.

2. Mosley - Sugar Shane fits the bill as the type of guy that Gayweather likes to fight. However I expect Fraud will wait until 2008 to face him so that Mosley is another year older and past his prime. I think Mayweather-Mosley in 2008 is the strongest possibility.

3. Trinidad - outside of Puerto Rico nobody gives a shit about this farce of a fight. I know Gayweather likes boxing shot fighters but damn! Anyway I don't see this coming off at all.

4. Spinks - hell no! Spinks will NEVER be on HBO again and he couldn't produce the money Fraud wants. It can't and won't happen (thank God! This would be a boring fight.)

5. Cotto - Gayweather wants absolutely NO PART of Cotto and will avoid him like the plague.

6. Cintron - isn't a big enough name for Fraud. This fight doesn't make sense.

7. Margarito - see #5 (Fraud's own actions back this up).
Wow...this has got to be the worst post.....kill yourself!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Will Mayweather fight again this year and who will he fight. Trinidad is coming back but its unlikely he'd jump in straight away with Mayweather.

I see the following options:

1. Hatton - Could well come off but Hatton doesnt seem that serious, is talking about tune ups again, and has already turned it down 5 times and demanded $12.5m
2. Mosley - Mosley is a fight we all want to see, Mosley would probably have to take the small money to make the fight though, would he do this?

There isn't any other names on the horizon, which could be a problem. The next likely ones are:

3. Trinidad - but this doesn't look too likely
4. Spinks - free has a 154lb belt, would be an intriguing fight
5. Cotto - tied up with Arrum who wants either Judah/Margarito for Cotto
6. Cintron - IBF belt holder
7. Margarito - unlikely, not a draw, dangerous, and is supposed to be fighting Cotto.
A couple corrections: 1-Hatton turned down Floyd twice previously and it was when he was under ******. floyd did the same under Arum with Marg. Pointless to mention as ongoing discussion is NOW!!

2 12.5 Mil Thanks for quoting "discussion" from early 06, COMPLETELY POINTLESSS Hatton has made an offer which gives PBF 10 and Hatton 6.

As for who he should fight next?? Unless its PBF, it'll be Malignaggi in all likelyhood. Hatton isnt going to 47 soon UNLESS there's a PBF pot of gold awaiting.
C Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum