Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
I dont score rounds on who just landed the most punches though . You dont win rounds on landing an extra jab. Theres plenty of aspects to tak into consideration when judging a round. You can edge a round with a defensive move against a flurry. Like Duran in the 15th against Leonard the first time
No, then you do not know to score a fight. If you blocked 30 punches and were hit with just one, if you do not reply yourself, you lose the round.

If a round is even in a judges eyes, he should then (and only then) use intangables like effective agressiveness and defensive qualities to decide who won the round.

Last edited by Mohak; 10-18-2006 at 08:52 PM.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #17
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude
Haha!

You bet it did.

Nobody questioned your manhood or called you an Oscar***ual.

Two big hurdles here, when starting any thread.


teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:51 PM   #18
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
No, then you do not know to score a fight. If you blocked 30 punches and were hit with just one, if you do not reply yourself, you lose the round.

If a round is even in a judges eyes, he should then (and only then) use intangables like effective agressiveness and defensive qualities to decide who won the round.
You are trying to prove me wrong by being silly in the extreme. I never said that. I said you can edge a round by showing a bit of defensive brilliance in a close round (did you not read my example).

Do you think thats wrong.

And yes , when Willie Pep won THAT ROUND without throwing a single punch , if the other guy would've landed a jab (as you said) , I would still give Pep the round. Because he still would've far outclassed him.

I'm not the one who doent know how to scor rounds here
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #19
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
You are trying to prove me wrong by being silly in the extreme. I never said that. I said you can edge a round by showing a bit of defensive brilliance in a close round (did you not read my example).

Do you think thats wrong.

And yes , when Willie Pep won THAT ROUND without throwing a single punch , if the other guy would've landed a jab (as you said) , I would still give Pep the round. Because he still would've far outclassed him.

I'm not the one who doent know how to scor rounds here
Well yes you are, and the Pep story is just that my friend

Punches landed with the correct part of the glove are the primary source of who wins a round. The intangables you mention should only be used to break ties in close rounds.

Boxing is a sport not an art.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #20
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
Well yes you are, and the Pep story is just that my friend

Punches landed with the correct part of the glove are the primary source of who wins a round. The intangables you mention should only be used to break ties in close rounds.
Are you mad ? Do you only give points to amount of punches landed ? No credit comes from you for ringcraft or defensive brilliance ? Much to learn you have
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #21
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
Are you mad ? Do you only give points to amount of punches landed ? No credit comes from you for ringcraft or defensive brilliance ? Much to learn you have
You are not reading what I wrote
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #22
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

You edited it after I replied. So you would have give that round against Pep if one jab of no quality would have landed with the correct part of the glove ?
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #23
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

And a good judge never gives an even round , you should know that. Judges who giv even rounds are doing so due to their own inability to determine who is the better BOXER. We discussed this on a thread a while ago
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #24
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

I wish more judges issued 10-8 rounds without knockdowns.
LennoxGOAT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #25
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
You edited it after I replied. So you would have give that round against Pep if one jab of no quality would have landed with the correct part of the glove ?
Yes, the primary source of scoring is with landing a punch with the correct part of the glove. Intangables break ties, if there is no tie to break, you do not need them. A Judge has to use judgement, in deciding the effectiveness of a punch, but if it is totally one way, there is no judgement needed.

Judging should be as scientific as is possible with humans involved. But the human element is needed to use intangables when it is felt it is needed by a judge.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #26
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
Yes, the primary source of scoring is with landing a punch with the correct part of the glove. Intangables break ties, if there is no tie to break, you do not need them. A Judge has to use judgement, in deciding the effectiveness of a punch, but if it is totally one way, there is no judgement needed.

Judging should be as scientific as is possible with humans involved. But the human element is needed to use intangables when it is felt it is needed by a judge.
You are trying to prove a point by thinking you can patronise me with this factual talk that is really just opinion. Not gna work . If you were so confident you are right then just make the statement in plain English- if one nothing jab wouldve hit Willie Pep in that round , then you would consider Pep being on the wrong end of one way traffic and Pep's work would be mere intangibles. Is this your statement
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #27
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
You are trying to prove a point by thinking you can patronise me with this factual talk that is really just opinion. Not gna work . If you were so confident you are right then just make the statement in plain English- if one nothing jab wouldve hit Willie Pep in that round , then you would consider Pep being on the wrong end of one way traffic and Pep's work would be mere intangibles. Is this your statement
Parlez vous Anglais?

I have given an answer as clear as is possible when it comes to judging a boxing fight. If it was as simple as saying something is black or white, we would have no need for this thread because every fight that goes the distance would pick the right winner...

Sorry mate there is no magic wand to sort out judging in boxing, it is always going to be subjective, but there are primary and secondary concerns that a judge must make a judgement about. And intangables should never over take the facts, only help break them down, so that a judge can generally give one fighter ten points and the other nine.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #28
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
I would like to know what fellow boxing fans think of something I have been annoyed with for a very long time now.

We all know the way to judge a round concerning a knockdown. The winner of a round gets 10 , the loser gets 9 , if the winner knocks his opponent down then the round is scord 10-8 , another point is deducted for each knockdown. However , as you all know , judges (for quite some time) are giving 10-8 rounds when there has been no knockdown.

Surely if a fighter is taking a pasting and shows the hart to keep upright he deserves his 9 points ?

And since when has boxing (the art of hitting without being hit) been all about who batters his opponent more ?

Does this then mean that if a fighter totally outclasses his opponent in a round but doesnt put a dent in him physically (a la Winky or Cory Spinks) then he should get a 10-8 round?

Thats not serious but its just to get my point across
Any comments
another problem with judging is 10-7 rounds, how hard is it to kd again after you just kd'd him?
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #29
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
Parlez vous Anglais?

I have given an answer as clear as is possible when it comes to judging a boxing fight. If it was as simple as saying something is black or white, we would have no need for this thread because every fight that goes the distance would pick the right winner...

Sorry mate there is no magic wand to sort out judging in boxing, it is always going to be subjective, but there are primary and secondary concerns that a judge must make a judgement about. And intangables should never over take the facts, only help break them down, so that a judge can generally give one fighter ten points and the other nine.
There are more aspects to boxing than simply who lands more punches is all I was saying , and you are sort of proving me right with your magic wand comment
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #30
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 765
Default Re: Rounds that should be scord 10-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeto
There are more aspects to boxing than simply who lands more punches is all I was saying , and you are sort of proving me right with your magic wand comment
Call me thick if you want (I am) but how?
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013