boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #31
doggyland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Retro Thread - Where were you the night of Enzo V Haye ? - 8th/9th March 2008

Didn't Comply or Die upset the Denman v Kauto fest?
doggyland is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #32
bluenoseshf
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Retro Thread - Where were you the night of Enzo V Haye ? - 8th/9th March 2008

I was in the local nightclub, they had the undercard on so watched the mitchell v johansson fight there. Left there at 2 to go to my mates 20 mins away, thot we'd only miss the first couple of rounds got in to see the post fight interviews was gutted, but managed to catch the whole 5 mins of fighting when they showed the replay so wasnt too bad.
bluenoseshf is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyland View Post
Are you thinking of Imperial Commander?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Watched it in Colin Jones' shed.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #35
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Watching on Setanta with a mate. I nearly leapt in the air cause it was so good seeing the arrogance of *****, Enzo C and Macca getting punctured. Haye and Booth completely showed them up.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #36
jonny v
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i went to the fight and lostú100 to my mate by being ****ed and lumping on enzo!
jonny v is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #37
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Why the obssession with this fight, White Tiger ?
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #38
Tom Jones

vCash:

biglads is much loved on these forums.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #39
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Watching the fight in my living room.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #40
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyland View Post
No

He would never beat a prime Kauto or Denman over Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Comply or Die - won the Grand National the next month - April 2008.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #41
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Are you thinking of Imperial Commander?
No - Imperial Commander won the Cheltenham Gold Cup a different year.

2008 - Denman 9/4 2nd favorite - upset Kauto Star 4/5 favorite - with a powerful front running ride - the performance of Denmans career.

Imperial Commnader won the Ryanair Chase that year I believe.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
biglads is much loved on these forums.
Big Lads contribution to these forums has been priceless.

From the Avatars and Threads and Investigations to all things Camp Calzaghe surrounding Swansea and Newbridge - to visiting Mickeys and letting us all in on the tour via Youtube.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #43
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

In my house with my dad, Remember the build up to the fight. Had Haye down to win and remember a guy who's worked around Haye in his early pro days ask me who would win on way back home from football.

Looking back Enzo was never at that level but back then people saw him knocking Wayne Braithwaite around and saw his left hook and thought he could connect on Haye and spark him. Haye was comfortable and actually forced the stoppage after getting a little cut. Booth told him to finish it, and he sure did .

I love the fact Frank and Team Enzo thought they had him, they really thought the weight issues was there chance to strike.

Anyone remember Enzo in setanta studio when Haye beat Mormeck?. He thought he had Haye on the run back then . How times have changed..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #44
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Enzo was uncharacteristically smug leading up to the fight with Haye. After the Mormeck fight he went on about how he wouldn't have struggled with the Frenchman, who had let Haye off the hook in his opinion.

Of course, what Enzo didn't say was how Haye had fought an alien fight style for the first five rounds, going to Mormeck's body. Or how, after he got clipped, Haye stayed consistent and kept to the game plan until his shots started getting through.

Instead, he was knocking a rank journeyman about instead of a legitimate threat who would have gotten him sharp.

And as the fight approached, the disgusting comments from Enzo C (that Macca would ruin Haye), FW's smarminess, Macca's hubris, etc. Meanwhile they were knocking Haye as a glamour boy, not a working class fighter like Enzo, when that couldn't have been further from the truth.

And of course, levels played their part. A world class puncher with speed and skill will always obliterate a decent boxer like Enzo. Haye has talent AND skill. Enzo just had skills, hard won and embedded, but not a lot else.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #45
biglads
Climbing the WBO Rankings
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
From the Avatars and Threads and Investigations to all things Camp Calzaghe surrounding Swansea and Newbridge - to visiting Mickeys and letting us all in on the tour via Youtube.
Flint, all I have done is picked up on your knowledge and tried to further our education on all things Micky related.

It just so happened (serendipity) that I ended up working 50 yards from that famed Boxing mecca - in these circumstances, if I hadn't gone and checked out the 'Enzo Special' then I'd not only have done myself a disservice, but I'd have been doing the dozen or so of us on these forums who have always had doubts about the Camp Calzaghe training regimen a disservice too.

Hopefully I am helping to answer some of the questions we've all had since That Fateful Night.
biglads is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum