Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #31
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx View Post
What sources? U are always talking about your opinion which u are repeating over and over again !

How can u have Sturm winning as one of the few persons here who know how to score the fight. U wrote here clearly that Macklin landed more on Sturm than the other way round. Thanx for that!!

The finish won him the last round. Not the whole fight. 10:9 for Sturm in rd 12. Nothing more nothing less.

Boxing journalists are just people like u and me. Zbik said that Macklin should have won and if anybody knows anything about boxing than a boxer and not a journalist who is paying more attention to the ring girls than anything else.

But may be u take a look here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But I know in good ESB manner u will again answer saying the same thing over and over again becoz the one who posts last must be the one who is right. But its Sunday, weather is becoming good. I am out.

Let the door not hit you on your back on the way out mate, thanks for contributing anyway

I didn't say Sturm won the fight, as you very well know, but this will not hinder you from repeating it again I guess. I said in a close fight macklin should have just nicked it. Or received a draw. But that the verdict was no robbery.

Sources
The boxing news article I posted above and the very article the escupirta guy posted, which is exactly the same as the one you posted above, only a translated copy of it.

Then AP Press:
COLOGNE, Germany (AP)—Felix Sturm retained his WBA middleweight title with a contentious split-decision win over Irish challenger Matthew Macklin in Lanxess Arena on Saturday.
Two judges awarded it 116-112 in favor of the defending champion fighting in his hometown, while the other scored 115-113 to Macklin after a thrilling fight.
COLOGNE, GERMANY - JUNE 22: F…
Getty Images - Jun 22, 8:59 am EDT

“I was very strong, stronger than Felix and I won, no doubt,” Macklin said in German. “I hope Felix will give me another fight, maybe in November.”
Sturm successfully defended his title for the 10th time since losing it to and winning it back from Javier Castillejo in 2006-07.
The 32-year-old said Macklin surprised him in the first three or four rounds.
“I made a mistake at the start and allowed him too much space.” Sturm said. “We’ll see each other again soon.”
Macklin, a former Irish, British and European middleweight champion, had the better of the early rounds but Sturm used his experience and greater accuracy to fight his way back and convince the judges.
Sturm, a German of Bosnian parentage, improved to 36-2-1 with 15 knockouts, while the 29-year-old Macklin, who fights out of Birmingham, England, dropped to 28-3 with 19 KOs.

They have no word of a controversy or robbery

Next:

saddoboxing

Excerpts:

"The early rounds belonged to macklin who stayed on sturms chest..."

"By the fourth macklin slowed down and sturm began fighting his way into the fight..."

"By the 8th macklin was slowing down again but the challenger was still outworking sturm who was landing the cleaner and harder punches".

Sturm was finally starting to box in the 10th, standing off and rattling macklin wth heavy shots..."

"The eleventh ...even....the 12th was sturms best round"

summary: Macklin better in the early rounds sturm came on stronger in the later rounds, the verdict in itself was controversial but
"Aside from Macklins early rounds dominance it was a very diffictult bout to score with many frames seemingly even...".

----

There is no one backing your opinion in fact mate
Flurry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
i thought froch just won but that was a fight that could of gone either way .and one which i would not choose to watch again
Just like Sturm-Macklin couold have gone either way. Each won 5 rounds clearly and 2 rounds are debatable in either direction, depending on what you like more volume or clear punching. 115-113 either way or a draw would have been perfectly fine with me. Since it was a SD for the champ and hometown fighter Im okay with that. A good champ would give a rematch though and it seems we are getting one.

PS: Anybody who thinks Macklin won wide should either stop watching boxing or learn how to score a fight properly. Thanks.
PPS: Good job in here, Flurry.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #33
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321

Im Irish and a huge Macklin fan but I had Sturm winning 115-114. Macklin was busier but so many punches were hitting elbows and forearms. Sturm was landing the cleaner crisper shots and the shots you remember come the end of the round. Also shows up the difference between World level and European level. The records would suggest Macklin was the puncher, but in my opinion Sturm was the puncher in that fight
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #34
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O C View Post
Im Irish and a huge Macklin fan but I had Sturm winning 115-114. Macklin was busier but so many punches were hitting elbows and forearms. Sturm was landing the cleaner crisper shots and the shots you remember come the end of the round. Also shows up the difference between World level and European level. The records would suggest Macklin was the puncher, but in my opinion Sturm was the puncher in that fight
Macklin landed clean hooks to the chin and the temple around Sturms guard at will throughout the fight. Sturm landed far less clean shots and Sturm was hurt in rounds 2,3,7 and 10th while Macklin was in trouble in the 12th. Macklin even got the better of Sturm when the exchanged jabs at times whats actually Sturms best action
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #35
matt_maxx
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post

There is no one backing your opinion in fact mate
Zbik proofed my point.

Axel Schulz proofed my point.

No one talking about controversial decision?

The headline of the saddoboxing article you posted is:
Sturms wins controversial split decison - u are bold, my ass!!

Here one more:

Anyway, there is no point in posting links. I just would like to ask you, if Sturm had won a close but clear decision do you really think he would have promised Macklin a remacht in the ring?

I agree with u on some point, it was a close fight - but a clear win for Macklin.
matt_maxx is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #36
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx View Post
Zbik proofed my point.

Axel Schulz proofed my point.

No one talking about controversial decision?

The headline of the saddoboxing article you posted is:
Sturms wins controversial split decison - u are bold, my ass!!

Here one more:

Anyway, there is no point in posting links. I just would like to ask you, if Sturm had won a close but clear decision do you really think he would have promised Macklin a remacht in the ring?

I agree with u on some point, it was a close fight - but a clear win for Macklin.

Schulz had Macklin 3 rounds ahead, he's sort of in between the two sides of the arguement. You got zbik alright, but I wouldn't trust his assessment as he's a rival of sturm's and may yet eye a clash with felix at some point down the road.

No one's argueing the verdict was somewhat controversial, I have agreed with that notion, but there's a difference beween controversial and a robbery, controversial means there's justified doubt that it could or even should have been different, it means there's room for arguement and that the win wasnt clear cut, but robbery means the judges must have seen a completely different fight.

Imo Sturm promised him a rematch cos he might feel the fight was close enough to go either way and that his win was somewhat tainted. I don't quite understand the fuss, tbh, cos there's a homeadvantage for the defending champ everywhere on this planet, Sturm only got a controversial SD and has publicly announced he d rematch Macklin.

Macklin was good but by far not good enough for this to be called a blatant robbery. He was good enough to make this controversial and to earn himself a rematch.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #37
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't quite understand the fuss, tbh, cos there's a homeadvantage for the defending champ everywhere on this planet, Sturm only got a controversial SD and has publicly announced he d rematch Macklin.
no there is no such thing in boxing. thats just a bs excuses deluded clowns often bring up to put those robberies and the corruption in boxing into perspective
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #38
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
no there is no such thing in boxing. thats just a bs excuses deluded clowns often bring up to put those robberies and the corruption in boxing into perspective
You re deluded but then no surprise, a guy who had macklin 6 rounds ahead must be deluded. Its funny how you d like to pass your opinion as objective and well balanced
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #39
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

because Im unbiased and objective. I dont have any resentments towards Sturm or Germany. Id never gift Macklin a round he lost only because i cant stand those deluded nazi faggots like you are anyway. I always keep it fair and square when its about to score a fight
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #40
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4S4H_HjJ_0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #41
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

good job by macklin but sturm won. no rematch.. who nex for the mw king!! lol
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #42
FistsOfFury
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo_Ruski View Post
good job by macklin but sturm won. no rematch.. who nex for the mw king!! lol
Shut up you stupid ****ing cunt. You know absolutely nothing about boxing. You're a ****ing retard with Bosnian heritage therefore you will say Sturm is great. He's not. He's absolute shit. And so are you and your family you desperate prick. Why don't you take some pride in your own life instead of living off a guys who's nothing but a paper champion. You despererate prick.
FistsOfFury is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #43
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Just like Sturm-Macklin couold have gone either way. Each won 5 rounds clearly and 2 rounds are debatable in either direction, depending on what you like more volume or clear punching. 115-113 either way or a draw would have been perfectly fine with me. Since it was a SD for the champ and hometown fighter Im okay with that. A good champ would give a rematch though and it seems we are getting one.

PS: Anybody who thinks Macklin won wide should either stop watching boxing or learn how to score a fight properly. Thanks.
PPS: Good job in here, Flurry.
wide no but like i said i had him by 2 and for me macklin did win as he won more rounds than sturm
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #44
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
because Im unbiased and objective. I dont have any resentments towards Sturm or Germany. Id never gift Macklin a round he lost only because i cant stand those deluded nazi faggots like you are anyway. I always keep it fair and square when its about to score a fight
you re a biased spaz and every post in this thread is proof of that and the fact you think you re unbiased makes you a retard in addition to it.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 04:36 AM   #45
matt_maxx
Journeyman

Quote:
Schulz had Macklin 3 rounds ahead, he's sort of in between the two sides of the arguement.
Al right, Schulz had Macklin three arounds ahead. That means it was 9 rounds to 3 in favour of Macklin. I wouldnt say that is "in between the argument".

Quote:
You got zbik alright, but I wouldn't trust his assessment as he's a rival of sturm's and may yet eye a clash with felix at some point down the road.
Speculation. If I were Zbik I would want to have a fight with Sturm instead of seeing Sturm rematch Macklin. Me thinks that Zbik who felt like he was robbed against Chavez calls it as he sees it.

Quote:
I don't quite understand the fuss, tbh, cos there's a homeadvantage for the defending champ everywhere on this planet, Sturm only got a controversial SD and has publicly announced he d rematch Macklin.
You are right about the home advantage. But that doesnt make things better. Such things like home advantage shouldnt exist. Or the famous world champion bonus. That was never written down as rule for any boxing organisation. It is used whenever it suits. Sturm took the belt from Velasco fighting like he is defending a title already. This time they say all close rounds go to the champion. Its all double standards.

The fuss about is that Macklin got robbed for the effort of his work he did in the ring. For the time he sacrified in the gym for working his ass off. He was robbed of the feeling of the success he should have accomplished. And he was robbed of money as well. Even if Macklin had taken the belt there would have been a rematch. Sturm would be the first German champion in this era who wouldnt have a remacht clause in the contract. But as a title holder Macklin would have been able to ask for a bigger purse.

Macklin is likely to lose the rematch. He will have another pay day but thats it. He will face Sturm under the same conditions as on Saturday but this time Sturm will be better prepared. Sturm said Macklin fought diferently as he expected him to find. So now he knows what is going to come. I actually think Sturm had an off night.
matt_maxx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum