Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #46
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx View Post
..............
Schulz No, 3 rounds ahead means 3 rounds ahead not six. the 9-3 indicated by you is six rounds ahead, in other words schulz had it only slightly wider than I myself had and thus zbik is the only one you can name that has seen and scored the bout the way you did. ALL other sources said the fight was close, that macklin faded towards the end (no, not just in the very last round see the saddo boxing round by round summary) that sturm finished on an impressive note rocking the guest, that strum by and large had the heavier and crisper shots, add to that the title bonus and home advantage that makes the fight at least very close. I still would have given Macklin the nod, which tells you how unbiased and objective I am.
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #47
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 214
Default Re: sturm/macklin

I had it 8-4 Macklin. I dislike ineffective aggression but even if I stretch it I could give Sturm only one more round. I thought it was easy to score. Both fighters lacked pop. If it wasn't a robbery it was at least theft.

Sturm looked like shit, stiff and immobile, but that's how he's been looking a for a few years at now. He needs to find back to his good jab but mayhap his legs are gone.
Zacker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #48
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 4461
Default Re: sturm/macklin

It surprises me how Sturm, a guy who had the guts to fight a guy like Sato and doesn't really have a very exciting style, is able to (still) fill 18k seats.
boxeo#1 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 AM   #49
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker View Post
Sturm looked like shit, stiff and immobile, but that's how he's been looking a for a few years at now. He needs to find back to his good jab but mayhap his legs are gone.
I agree with that part of your post, his once outstanding legs are gone, he stood there like a punching bag for a good portion of the fight, when at last he decided to move and box he immediately had success. Alas for him IM certain he's on the slide. Had to slim down 14 kilograms again, which can't be healthy.
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #50
matt_maxx
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 84
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
Schulz No, 3 rounds ahead means 3 rounds ahead not six. the 9-3 indicated by you is six rounds ahead, in other words schulz had it only slightly wider than I myself had and thus zbik is the only one you can name that has seen and scored the bout the way you did. ALL other sources said the fight was close, that macklin faded towards the end (no, not just in the very last round see the saddo boxing round by round summary) that sturm finished on an impressive note rocking the guest, that strum by and large had the heavier and crisper shots, add to that the title bonus and home advantage that makes the fight at least very close. I still would have given Macklin the nod, which tells you how unbiased and objective I am.
In the heat of the moment I got that wrong with Schulz. One point for you.

The rest wrote is simply bollocks which leads me to the conclusion that u are a fanboy who doenst even understand the fundamentals of the game .

I already agreed that Sturm had a strong finish in the twelth round but he couldnt even accomplished a count. He won that round for sure buth not the whole fight. Jesus, this is ridiculous .

By the way the newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine is talking about a gift decision for Sturm.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If that isnt a credible source google for Lennox Lewis and Jean Marcel Nartz. They are pretty clear in their opinion who won that fight.
matt_maxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #51
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx View Post
In the heat of the moment I got that wrong with Schulz. One point for you.

The rest wrote is simply bollocks which leads me to the conclusion that u are a fanboy who doenst even understand the fundamentals of the game .

I already agreed that Sturm had a strong finish in the twelth round but he couldnt even accomplished a count. He won that round for sure buth not the whole fight. Jesus, this is ridiculous .

By the way the newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine is talking about a gift decision for Sturm.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If that isnt a credible source google for Lennox Lewis and Jean Marcel Nartz. They are pretty clear in their opinion who won that fight.

Troll
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #52
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 4461
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
I agree with that part of your post, his once outstanding legs are gone, he stood there like a punching bag for a good portion of the fight, when at last he decided to move and box he immediately had success. Alas for him IM certain he's on the slide. Had to slim down 14 kilograms again, which can't be healthy.
14 kg's?! Jeez that's WAAAY too much..
boxeo#1 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #53
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
Schulz No, 3 rounds ahead means 3 rounds ahead not six. the 9-3 indicated by you is six rounds ahead, in other words schulz had it only slightly wider than I myself had

if one has someone three rounds ahead in a 12 round contest based on the 10 point must scoring systems it means that guys score was 117-111 unless there were knockdowns, point deductions etc, had Sturm won three more rounds it would have been even so he was three rounds behind and Macklin was three rounds ahead you fool. two rounds ahead 116-112, one round ahead 115-113, even 114-114 etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx View Post
The rest wrote is simply bollocks which leads me to the conclusion that u are a fanboy who doenst even understand the fundamentals of the game .
^this

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
14 kg's?! Jeez that's WAAAY too much..
Sturm said he was at 160lbs on monday and he stopped using his legs long time ago before he took the time off sperated with Universum and became fat in the time between his fights anyway
He finished strong in the championship rounds so obviously he was in good condition
Escopeta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #54
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post

if one has someone three rounds ahead in a 12 round contest based on the 10 point must scoring systems it means that guys score was 117-111 unless there were knockdowns, point deductions etc, had Sturm won three more rounds it would have been even so he was three rounds behind and Macklin was three rounds ahead you fool. two rounds ahead 116-112, one round ahead 115-113, even 114-114 etc..
No loony, 3 rounds ahead is 3 rounds ahead and not six, it simply means schulz had a few rounds even, seems he had a few 10-10 rounds in the mix and came up with something like a 117-114 or so score.

While 117-111 is six rounds, you re really not the most intelligent poster i ve encountered here which I gathered from the start tbh. does "escupir" stand for spanish "spitting?" i guess sturm must ve spat in yer face then.
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #55
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

It's easy enough to find multiple sources that the fight was close indeed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Felix Sturm Edges Matthew Macklin in Great, Brutal Fight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Joern Pollex - Bongarts/Getty Images
Felix Sturm won a tight one today in Germany over Matthew Macklin in a great fight. And yes, that's a Spice Girl. (Photo by Joern Pollex/Bongarts/Getty Images)


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Felix Sturm and Matthew Macklin surpassed just about all expectations today in Germany with a 12-round phone booth war, which went to Sturm on scores of 116-112, 116-112 and 113-115, a split decision that let him retain his WBA middleweight title. Bad Left Hook scored the fight 115-114 for Sturm. Jim Watt of Sky Sports had it 114-114.
Almost all of the rounds were close, with Macklin starting with an exceptional pace and some great body work. But over the course of the fight, Sturm came alive, dug down deep, and fired back with a lot of quality work, winning tight rounds because he seemed to be the harder puncher.
There will be -- and have been -- the usual cries of robbery because this was on German soil, but I just can't find the outrage to call this a robbery. It was an extremely close fight I could have seen going to either man. Had it been in the UK, Macklin likely would have nicked the fight by the same scores. The fight was hotly contested, a great watch, and both fighters proved their quality.
As for Sturm (36-2-1, 15 KO), let me say this: I think he's become underappreciated. Some of that is the fact that in the past (Khoren Gevor) he has benefited from bad judging. There is also the knee-jerk assumption that all fights in Germany are going to be robberies in favor of the German fighter against a visitor. But re-watch this fight and tell me he's not a legitimately good fighter. He was put to the test in a big way by Macklin (28-3, 19 KO), and he answered the call.
Sturm also said after the fight that he'd be up for a rematch with Macklin by the end of the year. If that happens, good. Macklin earned another crack and there's not exactly a wealth of great challengers at 160 right now, plus Sturm left to his own devices picks up fights like Ronald Hearns, so, aw beans, I took a shot at Sturm when I'm trying to be kind to him.
Bottom line is it was a great fight and I just plain cannot see calling this a robbery. The worst cards I saw anywhere online were pro-Macklin by scores of 118-110 or so. That's far more insane than 8-4 Sturm, in my view.
We'll have more live coverage coming tonight with the Alexander vs Matthysse card on HBO Boxing After Dark starting at 9:45 pm EDT.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 10 comments | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | 0 recs |
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #56
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Read through it yourself

same story as in all of the fight reviews, macklin working more, sturm having the crisper shots, sturm coming on strong late on - Not only (as Mad Brick would like to make you believe) in the very last round, he nicked or shared a few early and middle rounds and then swept the remainder late on, good enough for a close verdict.
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #57
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Quote from there

"I had it 5-5-1 (rounds) going into round 12 and gave Sturm the last round easy. Giving Sturm a 115-114 points win. I also think i was being biased in favour of Macklin by giving him every close round. I think i gave him 3 close rounds. So in theory i might've been able to give Sturm 1 or 2 more rounds and give Sturm a slightly more favourable points win like 116-112.

Macklin's team got their tactics spot on: Smother Sturm and don't allow him to use his jab (one of the best in the business). For the first 6 rounds he did great and i had it 4-1-1 rounds to Macklin. But, the last 6 rounds, Sturm's team got his jab right back into it and landed more precise shots and the jab and precise power shots worked great. I had Sturm winning 5 of the last 6 rounds."
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 AM   #58
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

I see some web adress get censored/blocked out here, the first is boxing..scene the second budweiser..boxing
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #59
matt_maxx
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 84
vCash: 1000
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Read through it yourself

same story as in all of the fight reviews, macklin working more, sturm having the crisper shots, sturm coming on strong late on - Not only (as Mad Brick would like to make you believe) in the very last round, he nicked or shared a few early and middle rounds and then swept the remainder late on, good enough for a close verdict.
Hell, now I see it, Sturm won 12 out of 12. It should have been a shut out decision. He won the early rounds, the middle rounds and the final rounds .

, troll on Fluffy.
matt_maxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #60
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 1337
Default Re: sturm/macklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx View Post


Hell, now I see it, Sturm won 12 out of 12. It should have been a shut out decision. He won the early rounds, the middle rounds and the final rounds .

, troll on Fluffy.
We have a saying where I come from: "who insults is wrong".
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013