Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #16
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Has Hatton fought a 1st class fighter in their Prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo2006
I agree
Why did he retire?
rr94 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #17
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Best fighter Hatton ever fought in his prime is actually Collazo

Best fighter Mayweather ever fought in his prime is Castillo
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #18
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr94
Why did he retire?
He hasnt officially retired but he is old, is searching for the hunger, has a life outside the ring, and he lost.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #19
SKULLSPLITTER
The CEO
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Boxer
Do you guys think he's over rated for not fighting an A class in 43 pro fights?
Most definitely. Crazy, ain't it...that he gets this shot and payday.

but the crazy ass Hatton fans will tell you that Tszyu and Castillo were both A Class when they fought him.

They'll also tell you that the wins over Ben Tackie and Vince Phillips mean something....

Hatton is all bullshit....a smoke and mirrors career...an illegal hold and hit style...I've said it before, and I'll say it again...he's lucky to have gotten this far...

Tszyu - Travesty of justice for the win. Hometown, illegal tactics, and Dave Parris advantages. Tszyu was paid well and said, "**** this shit.". Hatton gets a big NAME on his resume.

Maussa - A lucky, tough bum with a belt. Hatton gets cut up and throws a leaping left hook that connects for the KO.

Collazo - Hatton steps up to take on a B- boxer and narrowly escapes defeat. Hatton gasses out and gets pummelled in the end of the fight. Many feel a draw or Collazo win.

Urango - A strong bum, who in the 5th round, takes it to Hatton's body. Hatton is practically done for the rest of the fight. Hanging on. No stamina. Gets a wide decision because Urango's a bum.

Castillo - A battle worn and halfway downhill version. Castillo gets discouraged because Cortez is all over him. He needed the money and his heart wasn't in it. So when Hatton lands a good body shot, Castillo decides to take a knee and not get up. Hatton gets another big NAME on his resume.

Mayweather - Does Hatton really deserve this fight?
SKULLSPLITTER is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #20
SKULLSPLITTER
The CEO
ESB Full Member

That's right. He doesn't...and that's why I'm betting 5 grand on Mayweather.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #21
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
You will be cashing in on alot of money.
I was thinking about placing a big bet on this fight too (on Mayweather of course)...think I should do it?
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #22
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLSPLITTER

but the crazy ass Hatton fans will tell you that Tszyu and Castillo were both A Class when they fought him.

They'll also tell you that the wins over Ben Tackie and Vince Phillips mean something....

Hatton is all bullshit....a smoke and mirrors career...an illegal hold and hit style...I've said it before, and I'll say it again...he's lucky to have gotten this far...

Tszyu - Travesty of justice for the win. Hometown, illegal tactics, and Dave Parris advantages. Tszyu was paid well and said, "**** this shit.". Hatton gets a big NAME on his resume.

Maussa - A lucky, tough bum with a belt. Hatton gets cut up and throws a leaping left hook that connects for the KO.

Collazo - Hatton steps up to take on a B- boxer and narrowly escapes defeat. Hatton gasses out and gets pummelled in the end of the fight. Many feel a draw or Collazo win.

Urango - A strong bum, who in the 5th round, takes it to Hatton's body. Hatton is practically done for the rest of the fight. Hanging on. No stamina. Gets a wide decision because Urango's a bum.

Castillo - A battle worn and halfway downhill version. Castillo gets discouraged because Cortez is all over him. He needed the money and his heart wasn't in it. So when Hatton lands a good body shot, Castillo decides to take a knee and not get up. Hatton gets another big NAME on his resume.

Its funny, given this, that Billy Graham Hattons trainer thinks that Hatton is nearly at the point where he can retire because he has 'nothing left to prove'.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #23
SKULLSPLITTER
The CEO
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDog
You will be cashing in on alot of money.
$2500 or more...yeah...it's gonna feel good.

A bet on a Mayweather win in this fight is what you would call a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #24
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
I was thinking about placing a big bet on this fight too (on Mayweather of course)...think I should do it?
I have also thought about placing a big bet on this fight, I have about 4k in savings that is yelling at me to bet it, lol.....but then I read some other posts on how you should never make your first money bet (this would be my first) a big one. I get the feeling that I am going to be kicking myself in the balls after this fight for NOT placing one though
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #25
SKULLSPLITTER
The CEO
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidegger
Its funny, given this, that Billy Graham Hattons trainer thinks that Hatton is nearly at the point where he can retire because he has 'nothing left to prove'.
The pedestal that Hatton supporters put him on is unbelievably ****ed up...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #26
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
whats the odds ..?? Id bet small on Ricky if you want money
chimba is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #27
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing
I agree 100%, but I'm starting to get a little confused. "Floyd will constantly land his precise shots on Hatton", "Hatton has not fought an A fighter in his prime" - While all true, still, with Hatton in your avator, your still a Hatton fan, right? And will at least be rooting for him against Mayweather?

Or have I gathered wrong?
Can't answer for Brooklyn, but I will say that he changes his avatar every day or couple of days.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #28
SKULLSPLITTER
The CEO
ESB Full Member

Hey, guys...if my hate filled, laser guided, truth missiles on that ****er don't convince you...don't bet...lol...but this matchup is one of those opportunities you can't pass up...

Mismatch. The safe and sure bet is on a Mayweather win. It'll be 2 to 1 or less at last call...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #29
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLSPLITTER

what do you mean deserve? Surely you're not implying Mayweather has only taken on only the top fighthers?
having said that I agree with your overall analysis.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:57 AM   #30
carras
Contender
ESB Senior Member

he hasn't
carras is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum