boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #46
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484
Default Re: Has Hatton fought a 1st class fighter in their Prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Boxer
I think Tszyu lost because of ring rust and he was injury prone for his whole career that it took a toll on him at the end of his career. I will be interested to see how Hatton does with an A class fighter thats in his prime.
Ring rust!!! Why is there this common misconception?

Kosta was only out of the ring for 6/7 months when he fought Hatton, same as most fighters.

Thats that excuse out fo the window.

Kosta was not on his A+ game, but he was still A- when he fought 'wicky'.

I'm not Hattons greatest fan, but im not going to take this win away from him, it was a superb feat.
Smith is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #47
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalize
he was 36yrs old and fighting his final pro career fight
but he was also coming off an amazing performance against Sharmba Mitchell.

He was past it though i agree. But it was still a good win.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #48
BOOKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Boxer
Has Hatton fought a 1st class fighter in their Prime? His best win are against 2 old and washed up former champions. Did Hatton ever fight a top fighter in their Prime?
I lost count the number of Hatton haters who didn't think Tszyu was past his prime before the fight ! Surely if they were that clued up they wouldve predicted a Hatton win, but funnily they all predicted Tszyu would knock his head off.

The same idiots who didn't think Lacy was overrated before the Calzaghe fight.

Its amazing how knoweldgable they are AFTER the event tho.
BOOKA is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #49
Brooklyn Boxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATSYS
Tszyu was in his prime when Hatton beat him. At that time, Tszyu was high in the P4P list, around #3 or so.

I don't think Tszyu was in his prime when he lost to Hatton. He was always hurt and when your in the end of your career it's gonna take something out of you and he had a lot of ring rust(For Hatton fans ring rust does do something for a fighter). I think it was a great performance by Hatton and he fought great but he fought a B- Kostya Tszyu.
Brooklyn Boxer is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #50
Brooklyn Boxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

People **** of fighter like Paulie Malignaggi and Julio Ceaser Chavez Jr for not fighting 1st fighter so far in their career but when Hatton don't fight a world class fighter till like his 41st fight its crazy.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #51
Brooklyn Boxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylexxx
Yeah he fought **** fighters early on, he did not have an Olympic amatuer career you know, different boxers take different routes. Hatton got his experience in the pros and moved all the way up.
Your hating is a beautiful, the time taken must be appreciated, but you cannot believe all this **** you wrote, Floyd has fought far worst fighters and was seriously hurt by Corley, Mayweather is not a superman you know.

Ricky hatton is a top tier fighter and you know it.

Floyd fought way better fighters than Hatton has. Floyd has fought an prime Castillo, Zab Judah, Deigo Corrales, and an old Oscar. Who had more left that an washed up Castillo and Tszyu.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #52
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogusPaperChamp
Ricky ****ton is a ****ING BUM! It is an absolute travesty, a shame and disgrace if that this joke is fighting Mayweather and getting big money to go along with it. His record is pitiful fraud, look at these people he has fought, these other bums like himself. You're telling me he should get a shot, let us have a look:

1997-09-11 140 Colin McAuley 138 8-48-3 - Look at this ****! LMFAO! These piece of **** fought a guy with 48 losses in his pro debut. This was the best homeless person they drug off the street. ****ton enjoys fighting hillbillys, homeless people, drag queens and other filth from the streets. His record is full of scum like himself. Let's look at some more.

1998-09-19 140 Pascal Montulet 140 10-19-3
Arena Oberhausen, Oberhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany W KO 2 6
1998-07-18 140 Anthony Campbell 142 12-13-4
Ponds Forge Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom W PTS 6 6
1998-05-30 143 Mark Ramsey 141 13-18-4
Whitchurch Leisure Centre, Bristol, Avon, United Kingdom W PTS 6 6
1998-04-18 141 Karl Taylor 142 14-36-3
Nynex Arena, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom W TKO 1 6
1998-03-27 141 Paul Salmon 4-12-0
Ice Rink, Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom W KO 1 4
1998-01-17 141 David Thompson 142 7-20-3

WTF is this? Look at this disgrace! 19 losses, 13 losses, 18 losses, 36 losses, 12 losses, 20 ****ing losses! You kidding me here..........What a paper bum, let's inspect some more here.

1999-07-17 142 Mark Ramsey 145 15-25-5

1999-04-03 140 Brian Coleman 144 17-72-7

1998-12-19 141 Paul Denton 141 7-9-2

Look at this! Can you believe this? HAHAHAHHAA! 72 losses...say that again.....72 losses? Why doesn't the pipsqueak fight Reggie Strickland? He's a great ham & egger to go along with this stellar joke record.

There's plenty of other creampuffs that can be listed but you get the point...Now his fighting style. This bum enjoys dry humping men and he seems like a really sad case. Now, it's easy to see he learned this tactic from his father John Ruiz, but he takes it to another level. Ruiz should just have told his son ****ton that if he really wants to butt bang men more often he should go to London's red light district where he can have his way since he is into that sort of thing. ****ton knows he's a gay ***got, Mayweather knows he's one so that's why he made the comment about making him his ***** in prison, since ****ton enjoys that sort of thing. Alot of you fools jump up and down about the Zoo win. You do realize he was already beaten and plastered in his prime by Cool Vince long way back? You do know he had massive injuries and surgeries and had fought only 1 time in 2003 in January vs. Leija where he was looking like trash. Then fought only 1 time in 2004 in NOVEMBER against Mitchell before putting his past his prime body against ****ton. Then you jump up and down about Castillo? You do know that he was literally beaten to death by the R.I.P. warrior Corrales and was literally ruined already when he lost to ****ton, need only look at his pathetic performance against Ngoujo to see he had nothing. ****ton is a disgrace in that ring, his fighting style is pitiful and his joke fans singing ****tonLand is another joke. They ruin a perfectly good holiday song with horrible lyrics about a padded bum fighter with a joke record. I look forward to Mayweather cutting the bum's face to pieces and literally making him bleed very severely that he will need a transfusion, hopefully fall into coma and then we can get rid of him and have the ultimate battle that this nation really wants: Mayweather-Cotto...the war to end all wars in the best division in boxing. We don't need this joke to hang around looking for a pay day with that record, he had an opportunity to stay with the big boys before and ran away like a chicken ***got until he saw an opportunity thanks to that re**** Kellerman, another ****ing loser and a pain in the ass that HBO should get rid because he is a *****. I await the great comments to follow.

Not a fan of Ricky, I take it?
Thread Stealer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum