Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Whats everyones thoughts on Paul teaming with The 2 Billy's for his next fight in Sydney. i know that his last fight wasn't great but as a trainer and the knowledge that paul has i think it can only benefit Dib
thoughts
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Uh, my Momma always said "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #3
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

IBM
I know there are alot who are not happy after the green v Briggs fight. however as a trainer i think Briggs brings alot to the table. I guess there are as many who dont like Dib because of his past as well. You might be my one and only reply
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,053
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
Whats everyones thoughts on Paul teaming with The 2 Billy's for his next fight in Sydney. i know that his last fight wasn't great but as a trainer and the knowledge that paul has i think it can only benefit Dib
thoughts
no problem with it.so long as he wears a helmet if sparring
to protect the soft spot on the top of his skull.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw View Post
IBM
I know there are alot who are not happy after the green v Briggs fight. however as a trainer i think Briggs brings alot to the table. I guess there are as many who dont like Dib because of his past as well. You might be my one and only reply
Briggs used to be one of my favourite boxers.

Even moreso after I read his biography.

But I don't think he should be anywhere near boxing in any capacity for quite some time yet for the stunt he pulled against Green.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tha Toon
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

As a trrainer he will bring plenty to the table for Billy
Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Look give the guy a break ffs. u guys are going on like u never got dudded on a fight night before it takes balls just to step threw the ropes. & he is allowed to make a living not like he has heaps of options. Half the guys on here wld prob stepped threw the ropes & started crying.
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,053
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
Look give the guy a break ffs. u guys are going on like u never got dudded on a fight night before it takes balls just to step threw the ropes. & he is allowed to make a living not like he has heaps of options. Half the guys on here wld prob stepped threw the ropes & started crying.
exactly.if Billy Hussein and Dibb want to give him a job why
not.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #9
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
Look give the guy a break ffs. u guys are going on like u never got dudded on a fight night before it takes balls just to step threw the ropes. & he is allowed to make a living not like he has heaps of options. Half the guys on here wld prob stepped threw the ropes & started crying.

Geez LTFG, I think everyone's entitled to their opinion aren't they?

Ced asked for everyone's thoughts, they don't all have to be to a certain script and everyone's liking.

For my 2c's worth, I don't think he brings anything to the table at this point of Dib's preparation.

As much as Paul's a nice guy outside the ring and all that, that has nothing to do with being involved in the training/preparation and to be frank, what has Billy H. not done/is doing with guiding Dib to this point and at such a late stage before the fight? However as some others have said, if they feel they need Paul's input, that's certainly their prerogative, but for mine, it will be nothing but a good bit of friendship between them and for a Paul to be involved in the run to the world title opportunity.

Again, just my 2c's worth.

Last edited by Contendo; 06-27-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Contendo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:19 AM   #10
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
Look give the guy a break ffs. u guys are going on like u never got dudded on a fight night before it takes balls just to step threw the ropes. & he is allowed to make a living not like he has heaps of options. Half the guys on here wld prob stepped threw the ropes & started crying.
give the guy a break?!
he used to be my hero since MT days back in the early 90's
he chose to become a fraud and take one of the most obvious dives in the history of the sport
absolutely disgraceful
stewy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Briggs used to be one of my favourite boxers.

Even moreso after I read his biography.

But I don't think he should be anywhere near boxing in any capacity for quite some time yet for the stunt he pulled against Green.
couldnt agree more mate
stewy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

It's a tough one, on one hand i think he should take a break for a while, but on the other hand he needs to work to earn a living.

If this was any other sport Briggsy would've been looking at a long ban possibly for life...... I believe it's still a bit raw can understand people objecting.
the beaver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

I have no problem with him training fighters, outside the ring is where he should be, hes a good commentator & i belive would be a good trainer, never met him outside the ring so i cant judge, took a dive?? Neurologically unstable?? No one really knows but him, let him train fighters, this could be an opportunity to give something back to sport
raff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 AM   #14
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

tricky one, problem is both Paul and Billy knew that the Green fight shouldnt have gone ahead and didnt pull out because both of them wanted a pay day, Paul knew he was in no condition and so did Billy. If anything he is right back where he belongs, like two peas in a pod imo.

it does raise concern for anyone they train imo, couldnt help themselfs so how on earth are they going to help someone else?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #15
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,309
vCash: 75
Default Re: Briggs teaming with Dib and Billy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Geez LTFG, I think everyone's entitled to their opinion aren't they?

Ced asked for everyone's thoughts, they don't all have to be to a certain script and everyone's liking.

For my 2c's worth, I don't think he brings anything to the table at this point of Dib's preparation.

As much as Paul's a nice guy outside the ring and all that, that has nothing to do with being involved in the training/preparation and to be frank, what has Billy H. not done/is doing with guiding Dib to this point and at such a late stage before the fight? However as some others have said, if they feel they need Paul's input, that's certainly their prerogative, but for mine, it will be nothing but a good bit of friendship between them and for a Paul to be involved in the run to the world title opportunity.

Again, just my 2c's worth.
yep
cedrichw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013