Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #16
Ben K
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
you guys only know the half of it, no point in me dropping stories since most people already have the correct opnion of Mr Fenech. It doesnt take one long to work out why, meet him, speak to him and have a few drinks with him, the guy is a pig.
Interesting take on jeff, Ive met him a few times now. Had a good talk to him when he was over here last. He is a good bloke in my opinion and one of our best ever fighters. i couldnt care less what he has done in the past and what the media says.
Ben K is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
kevreilly

vCash: 500

The author of the book Paul Kent is a writer who thrives on controversy and to label him as "sensationalist" would still be an understatement! Kent is a writer who would try to make "a silk purse out of a sow's ear".On the Foxtel sports show "The Back Page "
he will,given the opportunity tear strips off the sport.From mediocre to major topics
Kent does create the impression he is not a big fan of boxing.It's not Johnny Lewis'
book it is Paul Kent's.I read the book and it left me with a distinct feeling that the author failed to grasp the instinct of the sport and the fighters who participate who develop an intrinsic respect for boxing and their opponents.Kent's book was very similar to a lengthy newspaper article,I felt and nothing more.
kevreilly is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevreilly View Post
The author of the book Paul Kent is a writer who thrives on controversy and to label him as "sensationalist" would still be an understatement! Kent is a writer who would try to make "a silk purse out of a sow's ear".On the Foxtel sports show "The Back Page "
he will,given the opportunity tear strips off the sport.From mediocre to major topics
Kent does create the impression he is not a big fan of boxing.It's not Johnny Lewis'
book it is Paul Kent's.I read the book and it left me with a distinct feeling that the author failed to grasp the instinct of the sport and the fighters who participate who develop an intrinsic respect for boxing and their opponents.Kent's book was very similar to a lengthy newspaper article,I felt and nothing more.
I'd bet my last dollar that rugby league journalists like Paul Kent wouldn't have a third of the knowledge of most posters on this forum, even the wums.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought Jeff was the blue-eyed boy until I spoke to Jeff Hardings mum, who I found to be a decent hard working lady.
She was quite bitter that every time her son reached a milestone, Jeff would make some sort of announcement to keep Harding out of the spotlight.

Boxing is just as brutal outside of the ring as it is in, so it's no surprise that Fenech would frolic in the environment.
He knew who had the biggest ear & the deepest pocket & he guarded the gate with a willful passion so I think if he can get a quid from another book, it will feature some dirty washing, whether it's true of not won't matter.
I've known a lot of hard nuts that have a mono vision of survival. I guess Jeff is just an extension of that.
I wouldn't like to see another book though. Trashing people publicly is just off.
JMO
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #20
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

jeff harding a man who has his own thoughts on everything
cedrichw is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum