Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #16
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796
Default Re: Chauncy Welliver vs. Lawrence Tauasa - June 28th 2011

Tauasa deserves some props, he was game and took the fight on short notice. Welliver did major damage to his face though, hopefully he can bounce back again and get back in the ring with some more notice. He may have lost, but 17 million people watched him fight Welliver on Chinese CCTV. He may be able to parlay that and his Hong Kong residence, into getting involved with more of the cards the Chinese will be putting on.

As for Welliver, I think he has lost his nickname Hillyard Hammer. The Chinese have dubbed him The Panda now. With his WBC Asian HW Title on the line, I expect really big fights for Welliver to come this fall in China. Perhaps beating up Tuaman's cousin will also spark up more interest in Dave. I cannot for the life of me see why he refuses to fight his Top 10 Interim WBO Asia Pacific Champion. He keeps falling in the WBO ratings. All he had to do was fight Welliver and he never would have been leap frogged by Helenius. He is quickly putting himself out of range for the next WBO HW shot.
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
Tauasa deserves some props, he was game and took the fight on short notice. Welliver did major damage to his face though, hopefully he can bounce back again and get back in the ring with some more notice. He may have lost, but 17 million people watched him fight Welliver on Chinese CCTV. He may be able to parlay that and his Hong Kong residence, into getting involved with more of the cards the Chinese will be putting on.

As for Welliver, I think he has lost his nickname Hillyard Hammer. The Chinese have dubbed him The Panda now. With his WBC Asian HW Title on the line, I expect really big fights for Welliver to come this fall in China. Perhaps beating up Tuaman's cousin will also spark up more interest in Dave. I cannot for the life of me see why he refuses to fight his Top 10 Interim WBO Asia Pacific Champion. He keeps falling in the WBO ratings. All he had to do was fight Welliver and he never would have been leap frogged by Helenius. He is quickly putting himself out of range for the next WBO HW shot.
Welliver could always fight Leapai
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #18
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

Chauncy just said something about that fight in the comment section of his article on the main page. He said Him vs Leapai would be an awesome fight to make in China. Both of Tua's interim champions. That is what makes me sad with Dave. He has 2 rated interim champs and instead decides to drop in the ranking rather than fight. I don't think Dave could win either of those fights but if he did, World HW Title shot. And no offense to Wladdy, but he is no Lennox Lewis. Tua would have a live shot in that fight if he could muster the wins over the young guns 1st. His management team, Kushner especiialy, is complete garbage. He screwed over Tua. That guy should be a retired world champion with loads of cash. But since he is not, Leapai and Welliver should be right up his alley to try and get out of the financial hole. He needs a mandatory HW title fight purse to do it. Dropping in the rankings will not get him in the black.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

fight some1 with a pulse ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GEEZ
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #20
BigBopper
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 87

I think Leapai KO's him badly, and I don't even want to see him fight Tua. With Chauncy' weight loss and re-dedication to training I was expecting to see a different fighter. I watched the first round or two against Galen Brown and had to turn it off. It was awful, and really sloppy. Limited physically, and limited in terms of skills. A good heart and attitude at this stage is all he has going for him. Which is something that is lacking in a lot of fighters.
BigBopper is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #21
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

Once Brown hits him in the balls in the 4th, Welliver turns it up. The footage you want to see is the 4th and the 5th which they are trying to sell on DVD. Chauncy did get tagged a bit but that just continues to show me that his chin is a monster. He took a flush on uppercut from Brown that snapped his head back but he didn't even blink. He gave him the Hulk Hogan head shake and went to work on him.

Welliver vs Leapai or Tua would be the most entertaining HW action that Down Under has seen in a long time. Power punchers vs monster chin. I'm favoring Welliver over both of them.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #22
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

aye stop tallking about this fight n that fight,welliver is looking pathetic,same story everytime...He annoucnes his gona fight a bum,talks the bum up,beats a bum,talks the bum up,then talks about how tua is''scared'' to face him etc.then his followers with the "most active fighter etc'' WHOCARES? so was reggie strickland lol,being active dont get much for u unless u fight class..its been a while with this same story,time to get over it yea?
Tua,Meehan or Leapai..Tua and Meehan i can understand,they want big fights with money etc...But why the f**k dont you fight Leapai then?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #23
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

Lionheart would be ideal. As would Big Bob, Collin Wilson and the guy who sticks his digits up people's bums. Bowie in the USA may be a real good one.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum