boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Talipeau to leave aussie soil.

Im tipping if he joins wild card, he'l be lucky if freddy does pads with him. I think roachs brother looks after the second stringers, amongst other trainers there.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Im tipping if he joins wild card, he'l be lucky if freddy does pads with him. I think roachs brother looks after the second stringers, amongst other trainers there.
That's what I was getting at earlier regarding Wild Card and Freddie Roach. The video below that someone just posted on the MMA thread shows that the facilities at Wild Card are good. But there's only one Freddie Roach there and he only has 24 hours in each day.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #18
jack 27
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If you havent watched the fight between sherington and kashif than shut your mouth. What i said was true about the fight ****. Sherington got smashed in 1 minute. Thats all there is to it..
jack 27 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #19
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack 27 View Post
If you havent watched the fight between sherington and kashif than shut your mouth. What i said was true about the fight ****. Sherington got smashed in 1 minute. Thats all there is to it..
weve all seen the fight it was posted in a thread a while back, what you said was slanderous and untrue, les got up but had a broken leg, and as a consequence he collapsed shortly after getting up, he came on here and posted in great detail himself. your the **** mate
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #20
CapsLock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

like someone else pointed out, going to wildcard doesnt mean you get trained with freddy. you dont even do pads with freddie unless your a top flight mma fighter or a big name boxer.
n00bs get looked after by shane langford, pepper roach, jesse reid or jesse reid jr.
i dont think even ola afolabi gets trained by freddie. of course hes around the gym a bit when hes not off doing other things. but theres plenty of guys who leave wildcard and move back to where theyre from.
CapsLock is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 04:35 AM   #21
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
like someone else pointed out, going to wildcard doesnt mean you get trained with freddy. you dont even do pads with freddie unless your a top flight mma fighter or a big name boxer.
n00bs get looked after by shane langford, pepper roach, jesse reid or jesse reid jr.
i dont think even ola afolabi gets trained by freddie. of course hes around the gym a bit when hes not off doing other things. but theres plenty of guys who leave wildcard and move back to where theyre from.
Yep. They might use jnr up as a sparring partner. Blue chip prospect jose benavidez spent time there but rejoined his father in phoenix. Wild card isnt going to work for everyone but it probably helps if you like getting jabbed with a needle before training.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #22
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack 27 View Post
don't worry ****stick I always thought you were a peanut...your credibility is ****en zero...haha...anyway I got my little laugh
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Yep. They might use jnr up as a sparring partner. Blue chip prospect jose benavidez spent time there but rejoined his father in phoenix. Wild card isnt going to work for everyone but it probably helps if you like getting jabbed with a needle before training.
Benavidez is a brilliant prospect with Top Rank.
The talk i heard was Freddie will act in an advisory roll in the short term for Benavidez & probably take a bigger part in the coming years.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #24
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Freddie Roach wouldn't even know who he is. Roach won't be training him.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #25
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLock View Post
Totally agree.
If guys like Benavidez were getting limited or no time with Freddie at the moment Talipeau has no hope & he better get used to being a very small fish in the ocean otherwise he will leave fast.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #26
htmonaro
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If he goes into the ocean with the right attitude he may get somwhere,good on him for giving it a go with no expectations!!
htmonaro is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #27
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Benavidez is a brilliant prospect with Top Rank.
The talk i heard was Freddie will act in an advisory roll in the short term for Benavidez & probably take a bigger part in the coming years.
I'l give you another hot prospect kegsy...

Thomas dulorme. The puerto rican kid who easily beat chop chop the other week, including a brutal kd.

12 fights, 21 yrs old. Has a great combo of speed and power, and looks in great shape...he has a string of early ko's but went 10 with corley no prob.

Future is extremely bright.

1. Benavidez
2. Dulorme

Put em in your black book
Old 06-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #28
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Thomas dulorme. The puerto rican kid who easily beat chop chop the other week, including a brutal kd.

12 fights, 21 yrs old. Has a great combo of speed and power, and looks in great shape...he has a string of early ko's but went 10 with corley no prob.

1. Benavidez
2. Dulorme

chop chop aint ever easy to beat
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #29
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:

1. Benavidez
2. Dulorme

Yeah i seen his fight the other week from i believe ESPN.

Dulorme did look very impressive against the vet Corley.
I will be keeping a close eye on him for sure.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #30
jnrforce
cronulla's own
ESB Jr Member

This is nowhere near true.. I dont even know what im doing after this zac fight.. All im doing now is hoping my opportunity will come soon.. I've just had bad luck this year regarding boxing.. Also about les's fight with kashif i was there and kashif did legitimately drop les twice before ref counted him out.. It was not until after les got up..
jnrforce is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum