Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Nate Marquardt Lets Us Know Why He Was Released & Couldn’t Fight

It's either that or undecended testicles....
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Nate Marquardt Lets Us Know Why He Was Released & Couldn’t Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I know zero on the issue, so can anyone explain to me how a 32 year old proessional fighter suffers from low testosterone?

I dont buy it
Well its not impossible for it genuine but let's put it this way...if you spend your twenties rotating steroid cycles you're probably going to struggle to produce the stuff naturally by your thirties. And a common tactic is to go to your doctors right after coming off a cycle - your body has completely shut down producing the stuff naturally and so it'll look like you have naturally low testosterone.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #18
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
I could understand this if Nate condition was coming out of the blue.

But it's clearly not the case.

I don't know personnaly NM, but I think I can trust him on this issue. I think it's kinda ridiculous that DW fired a guy that he already knew could test positive for something.

Like I said if it was new for him I could understand the cut, but he was warned month in advance...perfect exmeple of why DW is a ****in cunt !
How could White have been warned a month in advance when they only knew they were in trouble a week before?

And I struggle to see how you can automatically trust Nate when he's previously failed a steroid test?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #20
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
I could understand this if Nate condition was coming out of the blue.

But it's clearly not the case.

I don't know personnaly NM, but I think I can trust him on this issue. I think it's kinda ridiculous that DW fired a guy that he already knew could test positive for something.

Like I said if it was new for him I could understand the cut, but he was warned month in advance...perfect exmeple of why DW is a ****in cunt !
Come on man. The only thing fighters have to do is fight, that's it, that's their job, their career, the only thing the UFC ask them to do is train, make weight, and be ready to fight. It's really not much to ask when the alternative would be getting up every day and busting their ass 40, 50hrs a week for much less money, like 90% of the population. Dana White and the UFC trust this guy to be ready, spend time and money publicizing the event, and if he's not ready to be fight then he has failed in the only thing he has to do, and so it must be cheery-****ing-bye-bye. Unless it's a medical illness like Lesnar or a serious injury, these guys have no excuse. They should know well in advance if any reason is going to keep them from doing their job, and not **** up events at the 11th hour that fans have paid good money to attend. **** Nate, hope he treats Bellator with a bit more respect for his $400 win purses.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #21
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Come on man. The only thing fighters have to do is fight, that's it, that's their job, their career, the only thing the UFC ask them to do is train, make weight, and be ready to fight. It's really not much to ask when the alternative would be getting up every day and busting their ass 40, 50hrs a week for much less money, like 90% of the population. Dana White and the UFC trust this guy to be ready, spend time and money publicizing the event, and if he's not ready to be fight then he has failed in the only thing he has to do, and so it must be cheery-****ing-bye-bye. Unless it's a medical illness like Lesnar or a serious injury, these guys have no excuse. They should know well in advance if any reason is going to keep them from doing their job, and not **** up events at the 11th hour that fans have paid good money to attend. **** Nate, hope he treats Bellator with a bit more respect for his $400 win purses.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
I think there are some common sense situations when this is a bit hard but i agree in concept 100%. Some people might save up for months just to see a particular fighter and aint got the money to go very often like some of these fighters do.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #23
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I feel like this. If Marijuana is illegal in MMA, even if you have a prescription, then so should medically administered hormones, even if you have a prescription.

Otherwise, if one is going to be legal, then so should the other.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #24
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
I feel like this. If Marijuana is illegal in MMA, even if you have a prescription, then so should medically administered hormones, even if you have a prescription.

Otherwise, if one is going to be legal, then so should the other.
Erm...you're really comparing apples and oranges there mate

The issue with marijuana is that there's concerns about guys fighting under the influence and so potentially do damage to themselves or their opponent through being incapacitated. All sorts of legal drugs are on the banned substances list.

TRT is a very strictly controlled process to allow people whose body is not producing the proper amount of testosterone to live normal lives. While there are people who try to scam the system, low testosterone is a real problem and would prevent a fighter from properly training let alone fighting. The commissions are doing a pretty good job (as shown here actually) making sure fighters aren't abusing the system. Dan Henderson is receiving and not only is he regularly tested but his testosterone levels are still below average,
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #25
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know zero on the issue, so can anyone explain to me how a 32 year old proessional fighter suffers from low testosterone?

I dont buy it
Didn't you know? All professional athletes, including ones that are in their 20s suffer from low testosterone levels, now that there is a new legal method of juicing called Hormone Replacement Therapy. Doesn't it sound so innocent and therapeutic? They all see the same docs who are "athlete" friendly to ensure they get what they need by fight time.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

[quote=Will Cooling;10045860]Well its not impossible for it genuine but let's put it this way...if you spend your twenties rotating steroid cycles you're probably going to struggle to produce the stuff naturally by your thirties. And a common tactic is to go to your doctors right after coming off a cycle - your body has completely shut down producing the stuff naturally and so it'll look like you have naturally low testosterone.[/quote]
Bingo - Just what I was going to add/say. Easy recipe for getting your prescription. Nate would of fooled me, he's hardly ever looked like someone suffering from low testosterone.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #27
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
How could White have been warned a month in advance when they only knew they were in trouble a week before?

And I struggle to see how you can automatically trust Nate when he's previously failed a steroid test?
I mean the guy knew he was on hormone treatment if NM went to see the UFC doc.

I just think it's a bit harsh to fire a guy you knew was on that kind of treatment, at least, that's what NM said !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
WTF ???

I think nobody here understood what I was trying to say...

If you listen in the video of NM with Ariel, at approx. 01:26 NM clearly say he went to talk to the doctor of the UFC about his "medical condition" and that he told them he needed hormone replacement therapy.

The only thing I'm saying is that DW was warned since the month of august last year about NM healt condition(according to NM own word) and since that time he fought 3 time.

If the guy is lying then **** him but if he told DW last ****in year about that then it shouldn't be a surprise for DW that stuff like that happen.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #29
marsupial
Monkey
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
It looks like being this. I think its fair to say they've also tended to be hard asses on guys who fail twice on steroid issues. But given how they've defended Sonnen it looks very, very harsh.
I tend to agree here, Sonnen actually fought under the effects of peds, NM got caught before and, according to him, the UFC was well aware of his treatments.

Dana has toned down the Sonnen case and even defended him saying the guy would already lose a year's salary and shouldn't be punished more severly. Why should Nate be kicked out in such brutal manner?

although i'll admit this answer seems to be the one:

Quote:
Because he doesn't have to worry about him boosting a rival company by signing for them and to send a message not to **** up a main event.
Still unfair though, they should both be kicked out imo.

p.s.: on a side note, NM and Sonnen fought in 2010, who was the most juiced up lol?
marsupial is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #30
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
I tend to agree here, Sonnen actually fought under the effects of peds, NM got caught before and, according to him, the UFC was well aware of his treatments.

Dana has toned down the Sonnen case and even defended him saying the guy would already lose a year's salary and shouldn't be punished more severly. Why should Nate be kicked out in such brutal manner?

although i'll admit this answer seems to be the one:

Still unfair though, they should both be kicked out imo.

p.s.: on a side note, NM and Sonnen fought in 2010, who was the most juiced up lol?
With Sonnen, the event went ahead as planned. With Nate, it didn't.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum