Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #31
marsupial
Monkey
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Video: Nate Marquardt Lets Us Know Why He Was Released & Couldn’t Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
With Sonnen, the event went ahead as planned. With Nate, it didn't.
yea agreed, this link kinda explains it the way i feel.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
The decision to release Marquardt was an emotional reaction by Dana White, but it's difficult to look past what Marquardt has done. Chael Sonnen could easily be the focal point of a discussion on who should really be dismissed from the UFC, but life isn't fair and Sonnen didn't destroy a main event fight hours before it was set to take place. Sonnen's situation lost the UFC some potential revenue. Marquardt's incompetence lost the UFC real revenue. That's the difference. Is it right? It doesn't seem like it, but that's life in the UFC.
It's unfair, but I can see why Dana did what he did considering the timing it happened.

Next question then, why did Nate get caught at the weigh ins and not Chael?
marsupial is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #32
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video: Nate Marquardt Lets Us Know Why He Was Released & Couldn’t Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
yea agreed, this link kinda explains it the way i feel.

It's unfair, but I can see why Dana did what he did considering the timing it happened.

Next question then, why did Nate get caught at the weigh ins and not Chael?
I'm not an expert on these matters at all. I'll guess, just to keep the thread going.

Marquardt was fighting in a different state, and dealing with a different athletic commission.

I haven't followed Sonnen, nor Marquardts, cases heavily; but it seems as though Sonnen had some sort of dialogue going on with the athletic commission about his problem. I think I've read that Marquardt had failed to address some concerns with the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission. Maybe Sonnen's cooperation with the California State Athletic Commission bought him enough time to compete, but didn't get him completely off the hook.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #33
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
WTF ???

I think nobody here understood what I was trying to say...

If you listen in the video of NM with Ariel, at approx. 01:26 NM clearly say he went to talk to the doctor of the UFC about his "medical condition" and that he told them he needed hormone replacement therapy.

The only thing I'm saying is that DW was warned since the month of august last year about NM healt condition(according to NM own word) and since that time he fought 3 time.

If the guy is lying then **** him but if he told DW last ****in year about that then it shouldn't be a surprise for DW that stuff like that happen.
No, you are not understanding the issue.

The issue is not that he was getting TRT but that he ****ed up filling the paperwork and taking he correct dosage. We don't even know whether he told the UFC that Pennsylvania was making him take further tests to prove his need for TRT. Worse despite knowing he had seriously ****ed up his levels as early as last Monday he only warned the UFC there was a problem on Thursday.

Last edited by Will Cooling; 06-28-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #34
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I'm not an expert on these matters at all. I'll guess, just to keep the thread going.

Marquardt was fighting in a different state, and dealing with a different athletic commission.

I haven't followed Sonnen, nor Marquardts, cases heavily; but it seems as though Sonnen had some sort of dialogue going on with the athletic commission about his problem. I think I've read that Marquardt had failed to address some concerns with the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission. Maybe Sonnen's cooperation with the California State Athletic Commission bought him enough time to compete, but didn't get him completely off the hook.
Sonnen had NO dialogue with the athletic commission. That's ironically why he was able to compete. Nate had gone through the proper process to get the exemption but hadn't completed all the requirements fully. That's why they were monitoring his testosterone levels so carefully in advance of the fight. Bare in mind this was flagged as far back as March.

The first any commission heard that Sonnen was 'taking TRT' was at the UFC 117 pre-fight medicals when he told one of the officials presiding over the tests. While it was written down, the officials claimed to have no ability to bar him from fighting because he hadn't failed a test (despite having barred Diaz from fighting when he put medical marijuana on a similar form).

Sonnen was almost certainly abusing steroids - just look at the explosion of acne on his back from UFC 109 to UFC 117. Marquardt seems a murkier case - could easily be either way. There certainly seems to be some strange things going on with his doctor (apparently its not the done thing to just put somebody on cold turkey if they're levels are too high).
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #35
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
No, you are not understanding the issue.

The issue is not that he was getting TRT but that he ****ed up filling the paperwork and taking he correct dosage. We don't even know whether he told the UFC that Pennsylvania was making him take further tests to prove his need for TRT. Worse despite knowing he had seriously ****ed up his levels as early as last Monday he only warned the UFC there was a problem on Thursday.

Will I've always wondered....where do you get all those information ?
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Sonnen had NO dialogue with the athletic commission. That's ironically why he was able to compete. Nate had gone through the proper process to get the exemption but hadn't completed all the requirements fully. That's why they were monitoring his testosterone levels so carefully in advance of the fight. Bare in mind this was flagged as far back as March.

The first any commission heard that Sonnen was 'taking TRT' was at the UFC 117 pre-fight medicals when he told one of the officials presiding over the tests. While it was written down, the officials claimed to have no ability to bar him from fighting because he hadn't failed a test (despite having barred Diaz from fighting when he put medical marijuana on a similar form).

Sonnen was almost certainly abusing steroids - just look at the explosion of acne on his back from UFC 109 to UFC 117. Marquardt seems a murkier case - could easily be either way. There certainly seems to be some strange things going on with his doctor (apparently its not the done thing to just put somebody on cold turkey if they're levels are too high).
The major point I'm trying to make is that Sonnen was able to fight, ppv's were able to be ordered, and fans got to see the main event listed on their tickets.

Marquardt was out before the fight came off, and that may have had an impact on ticket sales. Marquardt may have needed to fight for certain sponsors to be required to pay. I don't know. I am speculating.

If you have sources that tell a different story, that's fine. As stated earlier, I haven't done a lot of research in these matters.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #37
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Erm...you're really comparing apples and oranges there mate

The issue with marijuana is that there's concerns about guys fighting under the influence and so potentially do damage to themselves or their opponent through being incapacitated. All sorts of legal drugs are on the banned substances list.

TRT is a very strictly controlled process to allow people whose body is not producing the proper amount of testosterone to live normal lives. While there are people who try to scam the system, low testosterone is a real problem and would prevent a fighter from properly training let alone fighting. The commissions are doing a pretty good job (as shown here actually) making sure fighters aren't abusing the system. Dan Henderson is receiving and not only is he regularly tested but his testosterone levels are still below average,
People who suffer from pain or add see marijuana as a quality of life drug. Yet it is banned and can get you busted.

Hard to look at a person and say they have low test, or its a quality of life thing I know. But it seems to be the same issue, as far as a quality of life thing that can be abused.

Problem with roids/ test/ is that it can be abused to the great advantage of the abuser when it comes to MMA. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that marijuana gives a person a serious advantage in MMA.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #38
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Come on man. The only thing fighters have to do is fight, that's it, that's their job, their career, the only thing the UFC ask them to do is train, make weight, and be ready to fight. It's really not much to ask when the alternative would be getting up every day and busting their ass 40, 50hrs a week for much less money, like 90% of the population. Dana White and the UFC trust this guy to be ready, spend time and money publicizing the event, and if he's not ready to be fight then he has failed in the only thing he has to do, and so it must be cheery-****ing-bye-bye. Unless it's a medical illness like Lesnar or a serious injury, these guys have no excuse. They should know well in advance if any reason is going to keep them from doing their job, and not **** up events at the 11th hour that fans have paid good money to attend. **** Nate, hope he treats Bellator with a bit more respect for his $400 win purses.
+1
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #39
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

FFS these fighters must think we're as thick as pig shit. Ripped heavily muscled pro fighters seem have the highest percentage rate of low testosterone levels in any walk of life. This is complete bullshit. Someone with low testosterone would look like a little girl as Test' is what converts protien into muscle. The only reason one of these fighters has low teat levels is because their system has been flooded with it when on cycle and the body reduces in it's ability to produce the hormone naturally.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #40
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

****ing steroid cheat, never liked him anyway

i had low test levels, please everyone knows that is brought about by taking a nandrolone, thats why test is used inconjunction with nandrolone orwhatever nate was taking, i like how dana is throwing his weight around more with this issue, i bet if strikeforce and the other org's were still up and running nate would still be in the ufc
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #41
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

A lot of guy's like Nate have abused roids which has damaged the body and stopped it from producing test properly, if at all and, they will continue to abuse roids and shortern their lives or they'll have to go on TRT for life just to get there test levels to a normal level.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

It's pretty obvious that Nates low test levels are because of past steroid abuse. Dudes destroyed his balls and will have to be on TRT for life.

Guys alway's looked like a roid head.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #42
ZombieProphet
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Video: Nate Marquardt Lets Us Know Why He Was Released UPDATED!!!

FULL EP
ZombieProphet is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #43
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Low Testosterone Levels and TRT is the nonsense that NFL uses to keep their players juiced up yet "regulated". It's doctors setting an arbitrary level of testosterone for pro football players, then prescribing steroids as almost all the players end showing up as too low on the scale. That's all. It's legalized steroid use, that's it. Bodybuilders do the same, by the way.

Marquardt has been been a regular user for a while and it seems that with this weight cut he pushed the envelope. He was doing it moreso to cut weight in an optimal manner and retain as much muscle & size as he could. Looks like he overdid it and got busted.

What's the point of even trying to make excuses for him. Face reality. Steroid use is rampant in professional sports and has been for several decades.
David B is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #44
SomeGuy101
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1383

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
Low Testosterone Levels and TRT is the nonsense that NFL uses to keep their players juiced up yet "regulated". It's doctors setting an arbitrary level of testosterone for pro football players, then prescribing steroids as almost all the players end showing up as too low on the scale. That's all. It's legalized steroid use, that's it. Bodybuilders do the same, by the way.

Marquardt has been been a regular user for a while and it seems that with this weight cut he pushed the envelope. He was doing it moreso to cut weight in an optimal manner and retain as much muscle & size as he could. Looks like he overdid it and got busted.

What's the point of even trying to make excuses for him. Face reality. Steroid use is rampant in professional sports and has been for several decades.
You are now my favourite and most knowledgable guy on ESB!!!! Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SomeGuy101 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #45
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy101 View Post
You are now my favourite and most knowledgable guy on ESB!!!! Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hillarious, do you really think its not the athletic commision setting the levels of test that the fighters must adhere to?

You think those numbers are going to be different from what the general population is, 1 email would show you that it was not the case...
196osh is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum