Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #226
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anyone know about Polish heavy Artur Szpilka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Szpilka TKO if he can get inside. I honestly haven't seen McCline at all lately, though, so I don't know. I can see it going the distance as well and winning by UD if Szpilka has issues with McClines size and reach.
It's 10 rounds right? He's never been past 4 so it will be interesting to see his composure if it goes into the second half of the fight.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #227
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan1 View Post
Com'on guys Mccline is getting ko'ed, McCline has nothing left.
Probably but he's never had a bad chin and he looks in good shape.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #228
jordan1
Juan Lopez #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

McCline has been fighting guys ranked in the 300s and at 42 he's getting ko'ed.
jordan1 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #229
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
It's 10 rounds right? He's never been past 4 so it will be interesting to see his composure if it goes into the second half of the fight.
Pretty sure it is 10 rounds.

Yea this fight will definitely be a good measure of him, hopefully anyways. I think, though, McCline will be more susceptible to gassing in this one, though, leading to his demise. I think he will do OK with his composure, he seems to have been somewhat tame lately.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #230
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Pretty sure it is 10 rounds.

Yea this fight will definitely be a good measure of him, hopefully anyways. I think, though, McCline will be more susceptible to gassing in this one, though, leading to his demise. I think he will do OK with his composure, he seems to have been somewhat tame lately.
aye, i had this fight down as 10 rounds.

i can see a late stoppage, for szpilka, providing szpilka can show composure and maturity. if he shows these traits then i will be very impressed.

szpilka TKO rd 8.
Angol is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #231
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Its always tricky to say with McCline as he's extremely inconsistent and imo has some stamina issues as well as anxiety issues. 274lbs sounds like alot but Jameel looks to be in decent shape in that video. McCline can def. knock people out, he's got the power, but his speed and chin will be a liability in this one. Considering that McCline and Golota are apparently buddies, I wonder who Andy will be cheering for
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #232
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

I hope Szpilka wins but I like McCline. Always gotta root for the prospect in these situations unless they're truly loathesome.

Don't hurt McCline too badly!
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #233
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

McCline doesn't seem to be a bad sort but I'm expecting a nice KO from Szpilka. Are McCline and Golota really friends?
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #234
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

can one you guys translate szpilkas latest facebook update? it appears he suffered two fractures last night, but i cant work out where.
Angol is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #235
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angol View Post
can one you guys translate szpilkas latest facebook update? it appears he suffered two fractures last night, but i cant work out where.
Hi to all my fans,firstly thanks for being behind me, I hope you ilked the fight, even though I know the fight wasn't full of fireworks , only tactical, I need to sadly inform you that I came out of hospital at 5 am, I have a broken jaw in two places, now I know what boxing is but seriously, I will have a bit of a brake, thanks again !!!!!

he said in an interview after the fight that in the moment his jaw was broken, that he was stunned for the first time in his career, so that must mean his punch resistance must be pretty good, contrary to some of the idiotic comments on ESB from we all know who

Last edited by damian38; 07-01-2012 at 03:51 AM.
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #236
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Hi to all my fans,firstly thanks for being behind me, I hope you ilked the fight, even though I know the fight wasn't full of fireworks , only tactical, I need to sadly inform you that I came out of hospital at 5 am, I have a broken jaw in two places, now I know what boxing is but seriously, I will have a bit of a brake, thanks again !!!!!

he said in an interview after the fight that in the moment his jaw was broken, that he was stunned for the first time in his career, so that must mean his punch resistance must be pretty good, contrary to some of the idiotic comments on ESB from we all know who
damian38 - great translator

Good next fight for Szpilka would be Tye Fields IMO.
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #237
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BOX_FAN* View Post
damian38 - great translator

Good next fight for Szpilka would be Tye Fields IMO.
sorry, misspelled break, I just noticed

I agree, Fields would be a good test for Szpila at this stage
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #238
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Fields would be a considerable step down from Mccline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post

If he was shocked by the strength and power of Mccline imagine the rude awakening he would have recieved had he sparred with Klychko

I didn't see the fight live so i came on here to read the rbr get the result and see how he did. After actually watching the fight the esb hyperbole shouldn't have come as a suprise to me. It wasn't a spectacular performace but a solid win against Mccline who i though looked quite good. He looked better than Grant did vs Adamek imo and would still be a very tough gatekeeper for alot of HW's.

Considering Artur had never been past 4 rounds and its only his 7th HW fight it was a very good result. He showed good composure, the ability to keep focused and actually box over an entire fight.

Things he needs to improve on is using his jab. Against a bigger opponent it can help him close distance even if he isn't landing it much. His workrate was too low and he didn't throw enough combinations. His left cross is his best punch, he can lead with it due to his handspeed or land it as a counter which is great but he needs to follow it up when he lands with a right hook and another left (cross, uppercut, body shot whatever). He seemed cautious/gave Mccline too much respect but it's a learning experience.

Truth is the only other up and coming HW's who have a better win are Helenius & Pulev. Glazkov, Boytsov and Fury have wins slightly less and Ortiz, Mitchell, Absusalamov, Perez have nothing as good and Artur is younger and earlier in his career than all of them.

Edit - Oh and fighting 4 rounds with a jaw that was broken in 2 places shows great toughness and determination. Rounds 6 when it got broken and 7 were Mccline's best rounds but i though rounds 9 and 10 were some of Artur's best and most aggressive.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #239
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
If Szpilka was to have step up in his every next fight then in his about 16-18 pro fight he would have to fight Klitschko. Too early I think. Especially that he didnt dominate his opponent yesterday. He needs rounds, rounds and more rounds with big experienced guys (to learn shorten the distance)who will make him respect their power. Tye Fields is one of them Imo. He is way easier to hit than McCline though. Denis Bakhtov would be also good choice however too small for Szpilka Imo. He needs big guys right now.
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #240
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:

If he was shocked by the strength and power of Mccline imagine the rude awakening he would have recieved had he sparred with Klychko

I didn't see the fight live so i came on here to read the rbr get the result and see how he did. After actually watching the fight the esb hyperbole shouldn't have come as a suprise to me. It wasn't a spectacular performace but a solid win against Mccline who i though looked quite good. He looked better than Grant did vs Adamek imo and would still be a very tough gatekeeper for alot of HW's.

Considering Artur had never been past 4 rounds and its only his 7th HW fight it was a very good result. He showed good composure, the ability to keep focused and actually box over an entire fight.

Things he needs to improve on is using his jab. Against a bigger opponent it can help him close distance even if he isn't landing it much. His workrate was too low and he didn't throw enough combinations. His left cross is his best punch, he can lead with it due to his handspeed or land it as a counter which is great but he needs to follow it up when he lands with a right hook and another left (cross, uppercut, body shot whatever). He seemed cautious/gave Mccline too much respect but it's a learning experience.

Truth is the only other up and coming HW's who have a better win are Helenius & Pulev. Glazkov, Boytsov and Fury have wins slightly less and Ortiz, Mitchell, Absusalamov, Perez have nothing as good and Artur is younger and earlier in his career than all of them.

Edit - Oh and fighting 4 rounds with a jaw that was broken in 2 places shows great toughness and determination. Rounds 6 when it got broken and 7 were Mccline's best rounds but i though rounds 9 and 10 were some of Artur's best and most aggressive.
So, just to clarify, you think Fury's victory over Chisora is a lesser win than Szpilka's over McCline?
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum