ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad v Haye....the result

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr View Post
Similar to some bloke you worship

That would be right...biggest HW fight for 10 years and you bring Mundine into it
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #17
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

it just shows how ****ing shit the HW scene is and has been for over a decade.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #18
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Haye may not agree
Ross Puritty does.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #19
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Ross Puritty does.
Geez talking about ancient history
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #20
SVK

vCash: 500

How ****ing bad was Haye's gameplan. He just kept trying to throw bombs and then became completely off balance. That was a walk in the park for klitschko, Haye let him have all the room he wanted to be able to just simply put his left arm up and take a step back any time he attacked.
SVK is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Well this fight went to plan for Wlad IMO....Haye failed to get anywhere near aggressive enough to win the fight

At least now Wlad will be seen as a true unified undisputed heavy weight champ of the world

Yes Haye was fast and evasive but he did nowhere near enough to win the fight

I was far from impressed with Hayes smack talk and then epic failure to back it up...he didn't want to go to war

Also Haye's bullshit excuses about his poor toe and his constant bitching to the ref the way he kept falling down when in the clinch...shame shame shame...should have concentrated on fighting Wlad

Wlad champ of the world
Tend to agree.

Haye was as I expected, not much of a threat to Wlad.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 01:19 AM   #22
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
yeah the post fight excuses were lame.he had a few moments and had Wlad stung badly in the 12th. The Boring Brothers now hold every belt.
The Heavyweight division is shit.
I don't get the boring bit.
They clean up and beat the shit out of everyone who's put in front of them. What more can they do?
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #23
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Just tell them it's the sweet science mate...hit and don't get hit...Wlad has perfected it....don't forget 40% of posters here said Haye would ice Wlad...credit where credit is due..Wlad came forward for 12 rounds
Abso ****en lootly!
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #24
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Well Haye looks like a bit of a clown now after doing not much better than a normal contender for one of the Klitschko brothers. All he seems to do is feint, feint, feint, feint, feint, lung with a big right hand then repeat. Doesn't throw anywhere near enough punches to win rounds and all the diving on the canvas all the time was ridiculous. I though it was Didier Drogba in there fighting Wlad at one stage.
I said all along that Wlad would win this fight and shame on the posters who picked Haye because Wlad is nothing like the fighter of 7 years ago.

If Haye retires then no one will care at all. I hope he stays around but who is to say that he would beat any of the other top pretenders at heavy like Adamek ? He hadn't proved that he was a legit number 1 contender imo.

LOL at Team Haye little broken toe excuse. **** right off.

It also pisses me off when these blokes NEVER go out on their shield in the last few rounds when they are a mile behind on points and just go for it. You could never say that about a true warrior like Tommy Hearns who would always be willing to go out on his shield for the victory.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #25
AdamH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

im curious to know more about the gameplan and the tactics and what booth was saying between rounds. especially later on in the fight.

i still cant fathom why haye was just going for the one shot. haye never took advantage of his hand speed
AdamH is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 AM   #26
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

@ Haye

I love watching the Klits fight.

Vitali should fight Haye now
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 04:15 AM   #27
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
That would be right...biggest HW fight for 10 years and you bring Mundine into it
Hang on mate as a boxing fan i was very frustrated with the way Haye talked then fought but lets put a few things into perspective here, yes it was a lopsided decision but the kid was outweighed by two and a half stone and a six inch difference in height , Wlad was too big and too strong for him plain and simple , we all knew it was going to a massive ask for Haye to get past the jab and this proved to be the case , plain and simple Wlad had to pull off a career best preformance to beat Haye (name me a fight where Wlad has fought anywhere near that standard ) ? . Ash , Haye fought for and won a genuine World title then gave it his best shot in attempting to unify the greatest title in the world of sport. your armchair slating of a fighter who attempted such a feat smacks of shit when you consider the sort of fighter you spend 12 hours a day defending on this board mate .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #28
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
im curious to know more about the gameplan and the tactics and what booth was saying between rounds. especially later on in the fight.

i still cant fathom why haye was just going for the one shot. haye never took advantage of his hand speed
Booth and Haye both underestimated Wlad's hand speed , **** how fast was Wlad last night ? i for one will be first to admit i didn't for a minute think Wlad could put on a show like that , Fair enough Haye fought poorly but that has a lot to do with how Wlad's skills allowed him to fight . Wlad = The very best in the world currently there can be no doubt about that and IF he fought like that in all his fights he would have a lot more fans .
Old 07-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #29
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I don't get the boring bit.
They clean up and beat the shit out of everyone who's put in front of them. What more can they do?
Come on man that fight last night was the best fight either of the brothers have fought in since Vitaly fought Lenny in what seems like to me 46 years ago .
Old 07-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #30
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Hang on mate as a boxing fan i was very frustrated with the way Haye talked then fought but lets put a few things into perspective here, yes it was a lopsided decision but the kid was outweighed by two and a half stone and a six inch difference in height , Wlad was too big and too strong for him plain and simple , we all knew it was going to a massive ask for Haye to get past the jab and this proved to be the case , plain and simple Wlad had to pull off a career best preformance to beat Haye (name me a fight where Wlad has fought anywhere near that standard ) ? . Ash , Haye fought for and won a genuine World title then gave it his best shot in attempting to unify the greatest title in the world of sport. your armchair slating of a fighter who attempted such a feat smacks of shit when you consider the sort of fighter you spend 12 hours a day defending on this board mate .
Suck it up Josey...your boy got spanked

Dont give me this huge underdog crap.....40% of the people in here were convinced Haye would ice Wlad early....and the main forum was split as well....your right about i thing Wlad fought the perfect fight

Now trash talking Haye can go talk about cutting other people's heads off
ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum