Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #46
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Wlad v Haye....the result

although it seemed like wlad would not lose, i always felt haye was gunna pull out a RIPPER of a shot to score the ko upset. wlads recent opponents never game me that impression.
the 2 of them feared making a mistake far too much. but there was HEAPS on the line, so its understandable i bit i suppose.
buster007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #47
konaman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Haye should drop back to CW, come to Australia, and bash the shit out of Green.

Somehow i don't think Danny will be chasing that one.

To the TS, you aren't undisputed if you don't even hold the major three belts, especially when the guy who does hold the one you are missing is the only legitimate threat to you in the division. Just because your brother is a champ in your division doesn't make commonly accepted rules void, Haye's champion status would have been VERY disputed if he had have won, given the opponent who he arguably matches up with the worst is galavanting around with the WBC.

You could get away with calling him unified champ, but that doesn't really mean anything other than he has more than one belt. The same way Haye wasn't actually undisputed cruiserweight champion, but he could get away with the term unified.
konaman is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #48
The Spider

vCash:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the opening post mate. But I couldn't be bothered typing the explanation. Cheers
Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #49
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Haye should drop back to CW, come to Australia, and bash the shit out of Green.
Haven't you heard ? No cruiserweight in the world can hang with Danny Greens power. I don't see Haye being up to the task.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #50
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Mate i always knew it was going to be a big task to topple Wlad but admit i thought Haye was in with a chance to win underdogs do win sometimes ( ask Woodsy ) Haye talked his way into a unification shot but the bloke he fought didn't allow him to fight to HIS game plan , Simple as that . as for the chopping heads off ? well a lot of fighters try to engage their opponent in such smack talk and at the end of the day it earn't Haye $15 million in one night whilst some blokes ( cough ) take a career to get that sort of money talking shit for years without actually winning **** all . At least Haye can sit on the beach in Cyprus knowing he held a quarter share of the greatest prize in sport and lost in an attempt to go further in a unification bout .
C'mon Josey, I didn't expect to hear this from you. Haye's title at heavy was as bogus as they come because it should have been in Wlad's hands by way of him beating Chagaev.Haye's title at heavy means just about as much as when Mundine was a glorified number 1 contender WBA champ behind Ottke.Haye should never have had that belt.And yes he lost a unification fight (when he shouldn't have even had a quarter of the title) by doing no better than any other recent heavyweight contender who failed miserably to live up to their own bullshit.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #51
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Francis all said and done he could have held onto that quarter share and got blown up light heavy's and washed up shot Heavies to defend against in for ever and a day in London as much as i hate Haye's bullshit he did attempt to unify regardless how he came by the title , No pleasing some of you blokes we wait years for a unification of the title and the bloke who attempts it gets a slating from all over the world i tell you what we will see when these Kilt's retire is just that , that being the four main titles fragmented for yonks to come with everyone and their dog screaming unification . Mental.
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #52
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Francis all said and done he could have held onto that quarter share and got blown up light heavy's and washed up shot Heavies to defend against in for ever and a day in London as much as i hate Haye's bullshit he did attempt to unify regardless how he came by the title , No pleasing some of you blokes we wait years for a unification of the title and the bloke who attempts it gets a slating from all over the world i tell you what we will see when these Kilt's retire is just that , that being the four main titles fragmented for yonks to come with everyone and their dog screaming unification . Mental.
Yeah mate but Haye didn't put it all on the line in the fight. What was their game plan exactly. You don't beat the heavyweight king by throwing 5 - 10 punches a round. Wlad controlled the whole fight.

Anyway I expect Vitali to retire after he very comfortably beats Adamek then hope Wlad continues into his 40's beacuse like you I don't wish to see the heavyweight titles splintered with guys like Chagaev etc holding each title.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #53
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Yeah mate but Haye didn't put it all on the line in the fight. What was their game plan exactly. You don't beat the heavyweight king by throwing 5 - 10 punches a round. Wlad controlled the whole fight.

Anyway I expect Vitali to retire after he very comfortably beats Adamek then hope Wlad continues into his 40's beacuse like you I don't wish to see the heavyweight titles splintered with guys like Chagaev etc holding each title.
To tell the truth Francis for me the game plan went south as early as round 1 when Wlad started jabbing with that amount of speed and venom, from the start Haye's only toy in the box was the slip and right rip to the body then jaw hunt as he was never going to park a fella with the skill Wlad has up straight head on with Combo's , i said in a post a few weeks ago here as soon as Haye got set Wlad would lean and this happened all night long and yes Haye made too much of it ,WHAT DID HE EXPECT ? if a bozzo like me knew what would be the order of the day then surly he and strange Adam did . as for the titles getting fragmented again well it has to happen as we all know these ABC's hate it when their particular trinket is saddled alongside an others , Sad but true the best thing we could have seen for the sport in general would have been to see a lighter type heavy capture the crown instead what have we now ? a massive Heavy blowing everyone away in what normally is a boring fashion . Take nothing away from Wlad last night though he looked the ultimate heavyweight champion without anyone on the near horizon capable of putting together a serious debate . who would you like to see up next for Wlad ?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #54
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
To tell the truth Francis for me the game plan went south as early as round 1 when Wlad started jabbing with that amount of speed and venom, from the start Haye's only toy in the box was the slip and right rip to the body then jaw hunt as he was never going to park a fella with the skill Wlad has up straight head on with Combo's , i said in a post a few weeks ago here as soon as Haye got set Wlad would lean and this happened all night long and yes Haye made too much of it ,WHAT DID HE EXPECT ? if a bozzo like me knew what would be the order of the day then surly he and strange Adam did . as for the titles getting fragmented again well it has to happen as we all know these ABC's hate it when their particular trinket is saddled alongside an others , Sad but true the best thing we could have seen for the sport in general would have been to see a lighter type heavy capture the crown instead what have we now ? a massive Heavy blowing everyone away in what normally is a boring fashion . Take nothing away from Wlad last night though he looked the ultimate heavyweight champion without anyone on the near horizon capable of putting together a serious debate . who would you like to see up next for Wlad ?
Adam Booth comes across as an arrogant **** imo. After Vitali beats Adamek later this year then the Klitschko's have completely cleaned out the heavyweight division. Who's next for Wlad ? Seriously there literally is no one out there at all. I don't expect anyone to be able to beat him for years actually.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #55
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Adam Booth comes across as an arrogant **** imo. After Vitali beats Adamek later this year then the Klitschko's have completely cleaned out the heavyweight division. Who's next for Wlad ? Seriously there literally is no one out there at all. I don't expect anyone to be able to beat him for years actually.
I agree, it will be years before he is beaten again
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #56
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

I agree Francis , THERE IS NO ****ER OUT THERE , not even a solid solitary prospect with a realist chance over the next five years from what i can see , unless we got a 7 feet tall kid eating rocks and farting thunder stuck up a mountain somewhere on the cusp of coming down . lol
Old 07-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #57
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:

Booth and Haye are laughing all the way to the bank.

As far as good heavyweights, Denis Boytsov looks good, but again he is so much shorter than either of the Klits.

I would still love to see Vitali take on Valuev. I would to see the Giant fall like tree trunk.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #58
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

david price looks to be a good prospect
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #59
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think Helenius is the only guy with half a chance of beating Wlad. A big man, big power, tall and accurate puncher. Still, don't think he would best either Klit. I suspect Wlad and Vitaly will walk away at the same time with nothing left to prove. But if they hang around for a bit it might keep the Americans honest. If the Klits disappear then Haye, Arreola and probably Helenius would grab titles.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #60
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
david price looks to be a good prospect
Was he on the card? He's a big man that's for sure
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top