Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Wladimir was on the receiving end of a hostile crowd at the weigh in but his class, composure and confidence was there for alll too see.

The Brits in the Imtech Arena made more noise than the Germans until round 5 when the fight result was obvious.

Amazingly many of the Brits left the arena from round 7 to round 10 and the few that stayed to the end gave the Hayemaker serious stick for an Audley Harrison type performance when he left the ring.

Haye done well to last 12 rounds and has had a good career but is simply like Ricky Hatton in that he simply lacks the class at the elite level.

The week in Hamburg was excellent and it was great to see Glen McCrory, Johnny Nelson, Adam Booth, Dave Codwell, George Groves, Jim Watt taking the time to talk to fans and pose for photographs at the weigh in and outside the Karstadt Sports Centre.

The Reeperbahn was on fire on Friday and the London Bar made a fortune from the Brits.

The Imtech Arena was a total shambles with little security inside and a few people left their seats and followed the VIP guests at ringside. The people sitting on the pitch were on the receiving end of heavy rain and it took 4 hours to get back to the City Centre after the fight due to poor public transport with a lack of shuttle buses and trains.

The attendance on the night was about 35,000 as the stadium had many empty seats with many ticket holders watching the fight in the pub or tv instead of travelling to an Arena in the middle of nowhere.

The verdict is a very poor performance from the Hayemaker and sometimes you have to admit in sport that your opponent is simply too good.

Haye should forget the rematch unless he is willing fight more regular, work his way back up the rankings, gain proper experience at heavyweight level and pray that the Klitschko's are on the decline 18 months down the line.
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 192
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Nice report.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Moe Greene

vCash:

How did selling 30 tickets go?
Old 07-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

So people paid for tickets and then didn't go? cos it's raining and hard to get to?.

BTW HMS ain't been on since fight has he?
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It was raining pretty heavy......didnt take me and my friends 4 hours though...though we did chat up loads of german birds.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2023 View Post
It was raining pretty heavy......didnt take me and my friends 4 hours though...though we did chat up loads of german birds.
Any Luck with them?
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haye thinks a rematch would be a big seller.. i don't see how it could be? haye will come in with the same tactics and run all night trying to land the odd counter here or there. it will stink out the joint again. nobody would pay to see a rematch after hayes effort at the weekend. i said before the fight that chisora would give wlad more problems than haye would and i stand by that. chisora, with his pressure style and decent chin, would have more chance of getting close to wlad and landing. chisora only knows one way to fight.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There did seem to be a lot of empty seats I noticed.I tried looking for the official attendance but no luck. Anyone know?
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Any Luck with them?
Not really they were giving us shit calling Haye...gaymaker....one german lad was given it the big one...i told him wlad isnt even german you prick now **** off before i slaap you....he walks off and yells gakemaker...****a.

Anyhow David needs to quite boxing now....he was more mouth than walk.......he lost that momentum from the maccas fight--

That was march 2008-

Oct M. Barrett
Nov Valuev
Apr Ruiz
Nov Harrison
July Klitshcko

5 fights in 3 years and 4 months is just poor.

He became a celebrity instead of the fighter he was....

Haye should retire, anyhow...try his acting gig...i think he could do well in minor roles as an action star.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
Haye thinks a rematch would be a big seller.. i don't see how it could be? haye will come in with the same tactics and run all night trying to land the odd counter here or there. it will stink out the joint again. nobody would pay to see a rematch after hayes effort at the weekend. i said before the fight that chisora would give wlad more problems than haye would and i stand by that. chisora, with his pressure style and decent chin, would have more chance of getting close to wlad and landing. chisora only knows one way to fight.
Yep without a doubt Haye loses again....Haye would have a better time with Vitali as he is slowing down by the fight.

K. Johnson, Sosnwosky and Briggs are all handpicked fighters...yet he couldnt take 2 out of the 3.

Solis...well when ur fat for the last 5 years...no excuses...you will get injuries like your knee blowing out.

Funny thing was..Solis was spanking Vitali around.

****ing talented fat shit solis is.....in fact it insane how talented he is.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
try his acting gig...i think he could do well in minor roles as an action star.

Maybe he could take over the launderette from Dot Cotton in Albert square?
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yep without a doubt Haye loses again....Haye would have a better time with Vitali as he is slowing down by the fight.

K. Johnson, Sosnwosky and Briggs are all handpicked fighters...yet he couldnt take 2 out of the 3.

Solis...well when ur fat for the last 5 years...no excuses...you will get injuries like your knee blowing out.

Funny thing was..Solis was spanking Vitali around.

****ing talented fat shit solis is.....in fact it insane how talented he is.
Herbie Hide was smacking Vitali around and won the first round very easily. We know what happened next.

Solis was caught by a shot and dropped. He couldn't take Vitali's power. He went down 100% from the punch and hurt his knee because of the way he fell.

Vitali would be more aggressive against Haye than Wlad was, which leaves the room for counters to land but Vitali takes a good shot.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #13
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
i said before the fight that chisora would give wlad more problems than haye would and i stand by that. chisora, with his pressure style and decent chin, would have more chance of getting close to wlad and landing. chisora only knows one way to fight.
So you are just repeating the insanity ... Chisora has zero chance, none, it would be legalised murder
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

Quote:
i said before the fight that chisora would give wlad more problems than haye would and i stand by that. chisora, with his pressure style and decent chin, would have more chance of getting close to wlad and landing. chisora only knows one way to fight.
Credit to Chisora for taking it, but at very least he would be broke down and beaten before 12.

He also doesn't have the power to trouble either of them.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Damn for some reason I mis-read thread title "Best rack from Hamburg"...
madballster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum