Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

If I was Haye I'd fight Arreola, Vitali (who he'd beat), and then Wlad again.
atberry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #17
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Wonder if UK fans would pay for a Vitali/Haye fight?
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #18
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Greene View Post
How did selling 30 tickets go?
The German public were shocked at the high prices but a German Tout at Stelingen Railway Station bought the lot for 80% of face value when he seen the location in the stadium.

Due to the heavy rain, there was a high demand for tickets in the lower tier near the half way line from people who bought expensive tickets on the pitch.
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 03:37 AM   #19
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Wonder if UK fans would pay for a Vitali/Haye fight?
David Haye lost many fans on Saturday evening after mouthing off and barely throwing a punch.

He knows it as well due to the stick from many Brits when he left the ring.

Big Wlad is a class act, faced a hostile reception at the weigh in and ring entrance but still in his post fight interview in the ring, thanked the British Fans for attending the fight.

This performance on the back of the Audrey fight has many thinking his only interest is money.
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #20
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Haye had the size, reflexes, speed, power and durability to make things happen. There were no physical issues, only mental and technical.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #21
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingBuzz View Post
Been telling my mates this for the last 3 years, but they loved him more than Hatton. He made a lot of money treating his so called countryman like idiots, which they are to be frank.

Haye is an utter disgrace to this sport, and I stated this before and after the fight, I despise fighters who stain their nation abroad. Losing in battle is one thing, but acting like a gaylord with a 'broken little toe' is enough. Retire.

AND, im still convinced the Fraudley fight was fixed, I wouldnt put it past this money grabbing cunt.
There's a vid from that channel Tim Lovejoy made on youtube. It's a video with Haye talking about chatting up J-Lo the video is uploaded in 2009 and he says ''i was with my mate Audley Harrison *Picture of Harrison flashes up*'' So there's no doubting the build up was fake. The fight i'm not sure but after watching that video you never know .

Edit:Found it
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9dbfE1ZJfQ[/ame]
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #22
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

I don't remember Hide winning the first round against Vitali, as claimed on this thread.

Bottom line is Haye in not even a top 5 heavyweight in what is a piss poor heavy are. He was calling himself the champion when in reality all he did was beat a comotose Barrett who was a gatekeeper at best even in his prime, then Valuev who is utter shite and relied on gift decisions to beat Ruiz amongst a couple others. And that's about it from Haye.

And to think haye has the nerve to compare himself to Evander Holyfield .

His record is shite, even at cruiser. He beat glass-jawed journeyman Maccarinelli in a massively overhyped fight between 2 overhyped fighters. The win over Mormeck was good but Mormeck is no great cruiser. And that's about it.

Haye will go down a non-entity at heavyweight as he ain't beat anyone. I'll pick 4-5 current heavies to beat him. He was just another (overhyped, overrated) guy who holds one version of the title for a while, then gets done by the real top dogs.

He will not go down as a great cruiser either, nowhere near the likes of Spinks, Holyfield, Toney to name but 3.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #23
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
Well, he proved himself a great fighter :

2:29 :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTT-g3X5Jg[/ame]
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #24
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

Waited three years for this, really excited before hand. New Haye was a big underdog which only made it more exciting for me. Completely gutted with him and i am just glad i didnt go out there.

He talked a good fight but didnt even come close. Moving round fairly well and stayed away from the big shots to a degree. Didnt throw enough and when he did throw it was always a massive hayemaker which was telegraphed. Boxed like a novice and was made to look crude and very one dimensional.
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #25
Liverpool82

Hatton v mayweather - he went out there and put it on the line - come up short and earned respect. Haye put **** all on the line - threw hardly any combinations which he is more than capable of doing and just tried his best to not get hurt. His reluctance to engage in a fight at all was annoying ! We had a great laugh with all the fans - (London Bar and pre fight in and around stadium ****ing mental) but wouldn't be going over for rematch - would be exactly same fight imo !
Liverpool82 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #26
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

currently downloading my videos then putting them up on youtube.

after round 4 I knew it was over, Wlad was in his groove by that point, I ain't bitter, had a good time and few laughs, pity that I got caught up in that heavy rain afterwards and didn't get back to the hotel until 4am!!

I had to spend most of the day Sunday drying my clothes and boots with a ****ing hairdryer which ****ed up my plans to do out on Sunday night!

as I said afterwards at least Hatton went out and had a go and went out on his shield.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
So people paid for tickets and then didn't go? cos it's raining and hard to get to?.

BTW HMS ain't been on since fight has he?
I'm here mate, I went it was a let down after the build up and the weigh in.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #28
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Been telling my mates this for the last 3 years, but they loved him more than Hatton. He made a lot of money treating his so called countryman like idiots, which they are to be frank.

Haye is an utter disgrace to this sport, and I stated this before and after the fight, I despise fighters who stain their nation abroad. Losing in battle is one thing, but acting like a gaylord with a 'broken little toe' is enough. Retire.

AND, im still convinced the Fraudley fight was fixed, I wouldnt put it past this money grabbing cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post

His record is shite, even at cruiser. He beat glass-jawed journeyman Maccarinelli in a massively overhyped fight between 2 overhyped fighters. The win over Mormeck was good but Mormeck is no great cruiser. And that's about it.

Haye will go down a non-entity...
He will not go down as a great cruiser either, nowhere near the likes of Spinks, Holyfield, Toney to name but 3.
Haye and Holyfield are complete opposites. And you're right, his resume sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool82 View Post
Hatton v mayweather - he went out there and put it on the line - come up short and earned respect. Haye put **** all on the line - threw hardly any combinations which he is more than capable of doing and just tried his best to not get hurt. His reluctance to engage in a fight at all was annoying ! We had a great laugh with all the fans - (London Bar and pre fight in and around stadium ****ing mental) but wouldn't be going over for rematch - would be exactly same fight imo !
But if Haye fought like that, and didn't act in the manner that he did before the fight, it wouldn't be so bad.

Instead he exposed hismelf completely by fighting like a coward after treating Wlad like shit prior to the fight; and post-fight...well, crying about his little toe just put the icing on the cake--the fraud managed to put the final nail into his own coffin.
FrochPascal is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #29
Moe Greene

vCash:

Quote:

Really? Because this is what I remember you saying before the fight...

Quote:
Haye is p4p top 10 now, and I do not even love him like most UK fans. No-one, but no-one compares to his hand speed or movement in the ring. He is the most devastating KO artist in the sport, bar none, and I genuinely and am not saying that as some sort of fan/hugger.

Look at his achievements, not his PPV farces, the fella is HW ATG no doubt, and the nearer the fight gets, the more I know he will defeat Klitschko in awesome fashion.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #30
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

I don't think Wlad is the best heavyweight I have seen but it was disgusting the way Haye treated him.
If Lennox thought he was frozen out of the heavyweight scene after his loss to McCall, David has a big shock ahead.

Oh and BoxingBuzz, what's it like being Moe's bitch?
bratwurzt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum