Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #46
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Superb mate, the Germans were great company as well. On the first night we bumped into a couple of "proper" boxing fans from St Helens who also liked a pint and me and my mate knocked about with them for the 4 days and put the boxing world to rights over large amounts of lager.

Didnt you post from Germany when you were out there ?

I seem to see you post on the Friday or Saturday before the fight night ?
White Tiger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #47
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Didnt you post from Germany when you were out there ?

I seem to see you post on the Friday or Saturday before the fight night ?
Yeah, I think I made one post on Friday morning while I was waiting for my mate to get ready. TBH though I was glad to get away from ESB for this fight, it really brought the muppets out in force!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #48
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I think I made one post on Friday morning while I was waiting for my mate to get ready. TBH though I was glad to get away from ESB for this fight, it really brought the muppets out in force!!

I was just wondering - where did you actually post from in Germany ?

Did you take your laptop - or phone - or was you in public wi fi cafe ?
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #49
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I was just on my phone in the hotel room with 5 minutes to kill.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #50
Coop76
Journeyman

Didnt speak to 1 person in Germany after the fight who gave Haye any credit at all, He messed up big time with tactics(or not listening to Booth if its right what he's said in interviews).

Everybody said you cant beat Wlad from the outside yet that was all he tried to do in every round, he needs 1/2 warm ups(Helenius, Arreola possibly) before hopefully he gets a shot at Vitali who in 12months i think he could beat as he isnt as fast as Wlad but he takes a shot better and hits harder before hopefully another unification with Wlad.
As for a straight re-match cant see it as Haye would be lucky to get 2/3000 following him to Germany next time not 12/15000 like this weekend.

As for the event thought it was a shambles really, Nightmare to get to stayed in Crown Plaza and we couldnt get a taxi had to ask a couple in a zafira for a lift who was stars and took us and brought us back other option was walk to train station 15mins in torrential rain then train and shuttle bus! Press conference basically held in a JJB store which was still open for business dread to think how much stock was stolen or damaged. Think Wlads team may have had a input in this with it being Wlads hometown now. Hamburg though nice place when its not raining.

British fans well like the Hatton-Mayweather its easy to see why we have such a bad reputation abroad as there was some 100% bellends there all weekend(10german bomber song friday night decided to make speedy exit before local plod arrived on mass.
Coop76 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #51
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

cheers for the back-up lads, I think anyone who has read my posts for years knows that I certainly dont need an alias to post my true thoughts!

Im sure Betty aka YOUOUTSUCKA will have a Matthew Macklin style wry smile on his lips when he sees someone thinks hes me

Funny too thinking about the old days here, used to have a riotous time when my favourite fighter Scotty Harrison was active, & Ricky Hatton was unbeaten & this place was fight night every night... damn those were good times on here! & as white tiger said about big Enzo, he was always in my good books after he said "I'd pick 'arrison every time" I think before he fought Brodie, Harrison was getting a lot of stick from a lot of quarters at the time & when big Enzo backed up Scotty me & my scotty supporting mates always had a soft spot for him afterwards.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #52
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
There seems to be much wailing & gnashing of teeth going on after this fight, from here to Talksport where men are debating & slating...

I havent been on since the fight happened until now, but I did predict a Wlad win, although I gave Haye a chance if he went for broke early, with a destroy or be destroyed mentality. However as we all know he tried to time Wlads jab with an overhand right like so many have tried before- & failed. Not miserably, cos he went the distance & landed a few clean shots, more than many have done recently againt big Wlad.

At the end of the day, Haye ate the jab & the gameplan went out of the window. Thats what Wlads ramrod jab does to fighters sadly enough, it kills gameplans quick & fast. Haye tried, & failed & lives to fight another day.
Not one of the best fights I have seen, but far from the worst either.

Haye wasnt a disgrace, he just couldnt work out the puzzle that is Wladimir Klitschko is all. Manny Steward has done a fine job sculpting Wlad into the complete heavyweight fighting machine, it has to be said.

I dont like Haye, but come on folks! A guy with that kind of ego and people expect him NOT to have a ready made excuse for losing? Some folk really dont know their boxing if Hayes toe excuses have shocked them
thats a good post and its reminded me of a few truths that at my age i shouldnt be overlooking....it was a boxing contest not an interview contest and haye is always going to say something stupid, but i suppose he's not the first to do that...and haye did better than i thought he would as i thought he would never last the distance.

i told anyone that would listen that he was too hyped up though....people were listening to sky sports bigging up his chances...but this was the same sky sports that were trying to flog the fight at 15 quid a throw, course they were going to make him into the second coming of ali....he simply hadnt shown anything in the past to give him the chance against a good champion like wlad.

i'm guessing that the winner of chisora and fury will be on hayes radar next...if not maybe on wlads radar....haye would see that as a big domestic clash that hayemaker could promote and he'll pocket more money than any other fight left, and he'll fancy his chances of bowing out a winner, and i am convinced he's only fighting for money.........wlad i think would like to cash on on the new british market that ironically haye has opened up for him, and if chisora wins then its like he'll be giving him the fight that people may think he owes him.
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #53
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYnL5dZ2eBk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #54
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Just watched some of the build up on Thursday and Friday that I missed while across in Hamburg.

Haye has badly let down every fan who travelled to support him as his big mouth was still boasting about knocking Wlad out on Friday.

Most fans after the fight felt that they had been conned into paying high prices to watch a fight that was as interesting as the Audrey Harrison v Danny Williams one punch fight over 12 rounds at the Excel Arena.

Haye should retire and join Audrey Harrison in the Rich Man's Hall of Shame.

If Haye had any genuine affection for his British fans, he would offer to refund 50% of their ticket prices for wasting their hard earned and time.

Have we seen George Groves back on the forum since this farce?
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #55
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Why do we always get this "money back" BS after every big fight that people pay money to travel to? Thats not how it works or how its ever worked, "you pay your money and you take your chance".

If the fight doesn't live up to your expectations or the "wrong" man wins then its simply tough shit I'm afraid.

Last edited by GazOC; 07-06-2011 at 02:23 PM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #56
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Why do we always get this "money back" BS after every big fight that people pay money to travel to? Thats not how it works or how its ever worked, "you pay your money and you take your chance".

If the fight doesn't live up to your expectations the "wrong" man wins then its simply tough shit I'm afraid.
Can I have half my money back next time Cardiff draw 0-0 away from home
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #57
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:

If the fight doesn't live up to your expectations or the "wrong" man wins then its simply tough shit I'm afraid.
People also learn from the experience and David Haye will never have 15,000 fans suporting him in his fights again after leaving fans feeling conned.

Haye sold 1his fans down the pan with his statements that he never intended to see through even the day before the fight.

It did not bother me too much that Wlad won as I was more interested in watching a good fight at the elite level of boxing.

At least half of the British fans left the arena before the end of the ninth round because they were bored to death.

Lucky we had a good time in Hamburg.
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #58
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

You`re right,it really pisses me of when i see the videos of people moaning about how much they paid,live sport anything can happen,like you said, you pay your money you take the chance.There was some good lads around Hamburg but there was some absolute knobs who wouldn`t know there carl frochs from the carl bakers of this world.
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #59
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:

Years ago I watched Sheff Wednesday get absolutely raped by Newcastle...I demanded my money back because I expected better from the Wednesday...I'm still waiting.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #60
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hayemaker View Post
People also learn from the experience and David Haye will never have 15,000 fans suporting him in his fights again after leaving fans feeling conned.

Haye sold 1his fans down the pan with his statements that he never intended to see through even the day before the fight.

It did not bother me too much that Wlad won as I was more interested in watching a good fight at the elite level of boxing.

At least half of the British fans left the arena before the end of the ninth round because they were bored to death.

Lucky we had a good time in Hamburg.
I was there and i don`t think half the Haye fans left that early, if any did they are dickheads.
ashedward is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum