Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #61
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
You`re right,it really pisses me of when i see the videos of people moaning about how much they paid,live sport anything can happen,like you said, you pay your money you take the chance.There was some good lads around Hamburg but there was some absolute knobs who wouldn`t know there carl frochs from the carl bakers of this world.
I reckon thats the same for any fight this big. You get the lads just out for a holiday and a piss up rather than boxing fans.

That London Bar seemed to be full of leary ****ers most nights, I think they had to close it early on the Friday because people were starting to pull the beer garden outside to bits.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #62
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
I was there and i don`t think half the Haye fans left that early, if any did they are dickheads.
Its like George Best leaving the 99 Euro Cup final two minutes before full time....in boxing anything can happen, reference Froch - Taylor
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #63
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
You`re right,it really pisses me of when i see the videos of people moaning about how much they paid,live sport anything can happen,like you said, you pay your money you take the chance.There was some good lads around Hamburg but there was some absolute knobs who wouldn`t know there carl frochs from the carl bakers of this world.
Did you both go to the fight and leave the stadium feeling that the fight lived up to the hype?

It was total shyte and Haye clearly knows it after the abuse he received from British fans when he returned to the dressing room.

People were seething
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #64
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hayemaker View Post
People were seething
Your ticket allows you to seeth and boo but I'm sure it doesn't say anything about money back if the fight doesn't live up to Ward - Gatti
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #65
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hayemaker View Post
People also learn from the experience and David Haye will never have 15,000 fans suporting him in his fights again after leaving fans feeling conned.

Haye sold 1his fans down the pan with his statements that he never intended to see through even the day before the fight.

It did not bother me too much that Wlad won as I was more interested in watching a good fight at the elite level of boxing.

At least half of the British fans left the arena before the end of the ninth round because they were bored to death.

Lucky we had a good time in Hamburg.
TBH I went over expecting a Wlad win so, other than a lacklustre Haye performance, I wasn't shocked by the outcome. I didn't think Haye would get past the jab and he couldn't.

Other fighters have tried and failed the same way against Wlad as Haye. Other than providing the odd laugh I didn't take much notice of Hayes WWE style talk, it was just "talk".

Most fighters who get gradually get discouraged from being outboxed don't tend to go out with all guns blazing, they just peter out and accept the inevitable. Thats what happened on Saturday night.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #66
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
I was there and i don`t think half the Haye fans left that early, if any did they are dickheads.
I was in the Ostribune Stand and it was clear from the number of empty seats behind the goal.

The start of round 12 and you were lucky if 20% of the seats were still occupied in that stand

This also happened near me when nearly three rows of Brits pissed off during round 8 to head back to the Reeperbahn
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #67
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Come on man, when you booked this you had to be weighing up the chances of this fight being one you're willing to shell out for. I mean...didn't you watch the Valuev/Harrison fights? You might have been hoping for better, maybe even expecting, but if you had a bit of noddle about you...in the back of your head you should of been prepared for this eventuality that Haye would put in a negative performance. You should be kicking yourself for 100% believing you were going to see something special. It was one of the possibilities. Gaz is right.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #68
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hayemaker View Post
Did you both go to the fight and leave the stadium feeling that the fight lived up to the hype?

It was total shyte and Haye clearly knows it after the abuse he received from British fans when he returned to the dressing room.

People were seething
I left that stadium with the feeling it was a poor fight but thats different to thinking Haye "owes" me something. After the fight I got a taxi down the Reperbhan and got on with enjoying myself.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #69
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,043
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I left that stadium with the feeling it was a poor fight but thats different to thinking Haye "owes" me something. After the fight I got a taxi down the Reperbhan and got on with enjoying myself.
had a good weekend then GazOC
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #70
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Your ticket allows you to seeth and boo but I'm sure it doesn't say anything about money back if the fight doesn't live up to Ward - Gatti
I was talking in jest as these money grabbing feckers have no allegiance to the fans or even give a monkeys about providing the action promised before the fight.

Haye's legacy will be - a Samuel Peter with a gob.
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #71
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I reckon thats the same for any fight this big. You get the lads just out for a holiday and a piss up rather than boxing fans.

That London Bar seemed to be full of leary ****ers most nights, I think they had to close it early on the Friday because people were starting to pull the beer garden outside to bits.
Yeh,the London Bar was supposedly the place to be at the weekend,i decided to give it a miss for the those reasons.If that's what they want to do then good luck to them ,but it`s horrendous talking about boxing with them.
ashedward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #72
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 533
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hayemaker View Post
This also happened near me when nearly three rows of Brits pissed off during round 8 to head back to the Reeperbahn

Did they come down personally and tell you where they were off?

It wasn't great, but there are many worse fights than that and as has been said anything can happen in boxing especially when you have two big punchers in the ring. In my view anyone who left at round 8 clearly are not fans of boxing.

Also, everyone with any sense knew there was a large percentage chance that this would turn into a stinker, most of Wlads fights are and add to that Haye has hardly been thrilling at HW.

Last edited by Rob887; 07-06-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #73
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Just imagine if you had travelled over specially to see Terry Dunstan destroy Affowhatsisname
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #74
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
Yeh,the London Bar was supposedly the place to be at the weekend,i decided to give it a miss for the those reasons.If that's what they want to do then good luck to them ,but it`s horrendous talking about boxing with them.
I had a couple there on the Friday and walked past there on the Saturday and, although I like lively bars, I was never tempted to stay there. Just a lot of "german bomber" songs one after the other and no one with any other opinion on the fight than that "Haye will spark the cunt"....

The Irish bar around the corner and the Rock Bar the other end of the strip was where we made out "bases".
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #75
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just Back From Hamburg and Most Brits Seething

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Its like George Best leaving the 99 Euro Cup final two minutes before full time....in boxing anything can happen, reference Froch - Taylor
Absolutely, it would of served those ****ers right, if Haye had knocked wlad out in the last round.
ashedward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013