Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
jwilson_88
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

people need to realise in boxing you need a good and bad guy to sell a fight e.g. hatton/floyd, lennox/tyson. Haye is self promoted so the more ppv buys etc. the more he gets - who would'nt do that c'mon.

He aint a wannabe - watch his fight against Mormeck - he didnt quit - he can be a warrior but he assumes the flash guy role cos no one in britain has.
jwilson_88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
zfc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristol England
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 2235
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Take no notice of dave-slave he is a clueless prick who only comes on the forum to slag off Haye and his fellow Brits.

He mouthed off that Haye wouldn`t turn up for the fight then he mouthed off that Haye would be KO`d with ease from a Wlad jab.

Bloke just talks complete and utter bollox and is obsessed with David Haye.
zfc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
dave-slave
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfc View Post
Take no notice of dave-slave he is a clueless prick who only comes on the forum to slag off Haye and his fellow Brits.

He mouthed off that Haye wouldn`t turn up for the fight then he mouthed off that Haye would be KO`d with ease from a Wlad jab.

Bloke just talks complete and utter bollox and is obsessed with David Haye.


I never said he wouldnt turn up, I never said he would be knocked out with just a jab either. I did predict a mid round stoppage, but I totally forgot how Haye fought against Valuev lol How? I have no idea.

I should have watched that Val fight again, instead of watching his other fights. Silly.

You are very angry.

Only Brit fighter I've ever slagged off is Haye.
dave-slave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #19
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 1000
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-slave View Post
He made his name on the back of the Klitschko's, before then, 99.9 percent of the Brit public had no idea who he was. That's why the whole episode is hilarious. The tshirts, i phone app? lol Come on. Who goes to that degree to talk shit?

You have to admit, looking back it's totally cringe worthy stuff.
Sorry fella, but Haye was the undisputed cruiser champ before a Klitschko fight was ever on the cards.
Lets not pretend nobody had ever heard of him before. That's just rubbish.

Personally I think the t-shirt/iPhone stunts were just what was needed to inject a bit of excitment into the heavyweight division.

Why do you think UFC has become so popular? Because it's become more than just fighting. Those guys have their own dolls for ****s sake!
Neverchair is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #20
dave-slave
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
Sorry fella, but Haye was the undisputed cruiser champ before a Klitschko fight was ever on the cards.
Lets not pretend nobody had ever heard of him before. That's just rubbish.

Personally I think the t-shirt/iPhone stunts were just what was needed to inject a bit of excitment into the heavyweight division.

Why do you think UFC has become so popular? Because it's become more than just fighting. Those guys have their own dolls for ****s sake!
Haye was as well known to the Brit public when he was a cw, as Bute is now.

Know what I'm saying? Only boxing fans knew who he was.

I don't know why ufc is popular or much about it at all.
dave-slave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #21
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 1000
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-slave View Post
Haye was as well known to the Brit public when he was a cw, as Bute is now.

Know what I'm saying? Only boxing fans knew who he was.

I don't know why ufc is popular or much about it at all.
Of course, but he certainly didn't make his name on the back of the Klitschkos.

Had the British general public heard of Wlad before Haye stepped in to fight him?

No.

If anything, the freak show aspect of the Valuev fight put Haye on the radar of the British general public.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #22
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North London
Posts: 7,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Retire or Adamek
Post Box is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-slave View Post

You have to admit, looking back it's totally cringe worthy stuff.
Who is banking 15m, you or him.......its hilarious but not for the reasons you think
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #24
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Box View Post
Retire or Adamek
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #25
aff
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

haye needs to to **** right off and and never challenge for the WHT,hes just a pretender who thought he could be the man,
aff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #26
lurcher
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: norfolk,england
Posts: 165
vCash: 1000
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

i have been a huge fan of hayes but i think when a fighter talks of retiring its a bit like when you think to yourself,
"should i have a dump now or later?",
if you have thought about it its best to do it.
lurcher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:08 AM   #27
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,838
vCash: 1000
Default Re: last say on haye before big british fights

Haye is laughing all the way to the bank! However, I would love to see Vitali fight Haye, would be a mismatch, but would be exciting fight while is lasts, Haye would run, but Vitali would catch him, interesting..............
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013