Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 AM   #16
hook
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alex Arthur really is on crack this time!

Probably trying to piss off Ken Buchanan! Those 2 are always bitching away like a couple of little ****ing schoolgirls!
hook is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 06:29 AM   #17
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook
Probably trying to piss off Ken Buchanan! Those 2 are always bitching away like a couple of little ****ing schoolgirls!
15 posts.... absolute legend comment.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2007, 07:06 AM   #18
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

That was so funny when Buchannon slagged him off. Nothing you can say when your hero says your not any good.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #19
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im a patriotic Scot but even i wish arthur would shut the **** up!!! he makes PBF lok modest!!! least PBF has something to back it up arthur isnt even a world champ yet in my eyes. does he seem to forget he isn only INTERIM champ? im beginning to think he needs another wake up call like gomez gave him!
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #20
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
That was so funny when Buchannon slagged him off. Nothing you can say when your hero says your not any good.
Buchanon comes across as such a grumpy old man... I think he's still pissed at Roberto whacking him in the balls.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
rooq
East Side Guru

just wondering...but realistically how many fans would arthur be able to attract by headlining a show in scotland? does he have a big fanbase?
rooq is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #22
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
just wondering...but realistically how many fans would arthur be able to attract by headlining a show in scotland? does he have a big fanbase?
Me & 10 of the lads are going to watch him on the 15th, so thats a minimum of 11 fans

Be able to buy another hit with that revenue.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #23
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

alex arthur is a good fighter, but he's never going to hold a legitmate belt by any of the top 3 governing bodies weathers its in the super feather division or light weight division,
with the ammount of talent in the feather weight division its hard for him to make an impact, i cant see arthur fairing that well against new up and comers like Yuriorkis Gamboa
faisal is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2007, 12:40 AM   #24
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Arthur came down to earth big time when Gomez KHTFO.

Once he believed in himslef, but now he's been hit by a big dose of reality he's in boxing for the money and nothing else.

He knows he's no good and nothing more than a European level fighter.

I'm still suprised at the utter shit he speaks now though.

I wish ****** would match him up with Guzman so he'd get KTPO again.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #25
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry D
I'd be interested in what the Scottish lads think but, it may sound a bit extreme, I'm a bit saddened by this latest outburst from Alex.

I rate Alex, rate him a lot, not a chance he'd beat Marquez but I'd tip my hat to him against Guzman. I just don't understand why he is coming out with such nonsense. I cannot make head nor tail of it.

Is he well followed in Scotland? If not is this is a desperate PR routine? Was he misquoted? He sounds like the space cadet kid who used to get battered at school.

Scott, Amir and Enzo, all said to be good lads and all are releasing statements, Eno shot himself on TV though, that make them look daft. It is crazy. They must be catching the same thing their boss has.

He sounds like he has lost the plot. I gave Foster no chance but if Alex's thinking is this muddled what state is his boxing brain going to be in?

The guy should be a Scottish national hero yet Harrison seems, correct me if I'm wrong, to get more respect in Scotland.
firstly Harrison comes from more of a fight city.
Second Arthur is a hibby.
Thirdly the way Arthur presents himself and talks does not go down too well with the Scottish psyche....that's what I think anyway. Not quite so much after the Gomez fight, but before he was a bit smug and full of himself.
He's always sounded deluded though.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #26
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

Quote:
I'd be interested in what the Scottish lads think but, it may sound a bit extreme, I'm a bit saddened by this latest outburst from Alex.

I rate Alex, rate him a lot, not a chance he'd beat Marquez but I'd tip my hat to him against Guzman. I just don't understand why he is coming out with such nonsense. I cannot make head nor tail of it.

Is he well followed in Scotland? If not is this is a desperate PR routine? Was he misquoted? He sounds like the space cadet kid who used to get battered at school.

Scott, Amir and Enzo, all said to be good lads and all are releasing statements, Eno shot himself on TV though, that make them look daft. It is crazy. They must be catching the same thing their boss has.

He sounds like he has lost the plot. I gave Foster no chance but if Alex's thinking is this muddled what state is his boxing brain going to be in?

The guy should be a Scottish national hero yet Harrison seems, correct me if I'm wrong, to get more respect in Scotland.
juan guzman hasnt scored a KO in almost 4 years
faisal is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #27
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I never liked AA up until Gomez did a number on him and after that he wasnt so smug and full of himsrlf anymore and after a while i even started to have a little bit more respect for him but when he comes out with ridicolous statements like this i cant take him seriously anymore.

I am going to to the show next week but only to see the Simpson fight and the likes of Kenny Anderson. Also most of my mates dont like AA either and no one in Scotland really has time for him. I doubt even Dunky will be able to defend him after this!!!
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #28
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

No shock, but i'm a big fan of Alex, he is an excellent fighter, and one of the best sportsmen coming out of Edinburgh at the moment. BUT, even I, taking off the tinted specs have to say he needs to stop with the jibber-jabber talk.

His career is moving at a snails pace at the moment, and ****** is letting him down badly. After the past 4 or 5 fights, I've thought 'great, now he can step up to the world stage'...yet it just isn't happening. ****** seems content with putting him in with domestic up-and comers, strong journeymen etc.

The years are flying past, yet Alex is still talking like he's at the start of some glorious journey. In reality, he's closer to the end of his peak than the start, and there is very little to get excited about on the immediate horizon!
AAA is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #29
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222
I doubt even Dunky will be able to defend him after this!!!
You underestimate me Sir Victor of Hugo
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #30
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

feed him to Khan and lets have a scot v England match up and old AA can get a flat out beating at the hands of a new great talent.
T.C.W is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum