Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
CobraKing

vCash: 500
Default How the mighty have fallen

Haye lost to Klitschko and is being derided. Froch fighting Ward in Atlantic City.

I feel for all three of these guys. They have all provided a huge amount of entertainment and inspiration to me. Some have made their mistakes, haven't we all.... but all of these warriors deserve better.
CobraKing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
CobraKing

Default Re: How the mighty have fallen

The only way I'd be disgusted with Haye is if he took the money and ran. Winners don't do that, they find a way to get back to the top, especially if they're only 31. Winners never quit and quitters never win - Tone Loc.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think this is good for Froch if he wins oh boy the plaudits for him will be emotional. This fella is something special his attitude is so refreshing and he's a blessing in this sport that's been taken over by greed and fighters seeking fame more then legacy.

Haye i think should take a month or two off and if he really doesn't have hunger inside him to fight on then i hope he doesn't. Don't wanna see him in there just fighting for money. If he's hungry and hurting still over this loss i hope he makes a 3 fight plan which involves top guys at HW. 3 fights in a year something he rarely does and then see where he's at. If he's no closer to the Klits then he can jack it in and say i tried but i was a decent HW and lost to best of that era.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKing View Post
The only way I'd be disgusted with Haye is if he took the money and ran. Winners don't do that, they find a way to get back to the top, especially if they're only 31. Winners never quit and quitters never win - Tone Loc.
****in tone loc? its not even his quote originally. thats like saying
"i am the greatest" - Prince Naseem
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

I think the word 'mighty' is perhaps stretching it a bit.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
CobraKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
I think this is good for Froch if he wins oh boy the plaudits for him will be emotional. This fella is something special his attitude is so refreshing and he's a blessing in this sport that's been taken over by greed and fighters seeking fame more then legacy.

Haye i think should take a month or two off and if he really doesn't have hunger inside him to fight on then i hope he doesn't. Don't wanna see him in there just fighting for money. If he's hungry and hurting still over this loss i hope he makes a 3 fight plan which involves top guys at HW. 3 fights in a year something he rarely does and then see where he's at. If he's no closer to the Klits then he can jack it in and say i tried but i was a decent HW and lost to best of that era.
I agree. Whatever happens with Froch he will always have my respect, the man is a rock and has overcome adversity under fire. I hope Haye does a bit more because I know he is capable of it but if it isn't in him, then he needs to quit now. He's provided plenty of entertainment along the way and achieved levels most can only dream of.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
CobraKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
****in tone loc? its not even his quote originally. thats like saying
"i am the greatest" - Prince Naseem

OK. Napoleon Hill. Who gives a ****? It's still an apt statement that I admire.

How about this? "Most people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure"
gl
Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
bigboy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

a lot ov fiters say a lot to promowt fites, an reely it werked, a lot ov peeple thort e cud do it, an payed to wotch, vlad is very ard to luk gud agaynst, beter to try an fayl ---- --- -----.
bigboy is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #9
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

That's right Phurious Phill Fury, you tell em. When u gonna fight louis byrne again ?
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #10
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraKing View Post

I think you'll find Tone Loc 'borrowed' that saying from the great NFL coach Vince Lombardi.

Tone Loc, fffff....
Contendo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum