Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Benn: Haye has to fight on

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochPascal View Post
Nice to see that you ducked all the points I made. If David "pink toe" Haye isn't a coward, Arturo Gatti wasn't a warrior.
Thats another thing I don't like.... fighters are fighters, warriors are men who put themselves on the line when there are no rules. The man on the left in my avatar is a warrior...the cunt on the right is a bit of an arsehole mind.

Gatti was a fighter who didn't know the limits of his own ability, thats not a warrior, thats being a bit reckless and stupid
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #17
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

Quote:
I think you're wrong. I've followed everything that has been said -- and there's a reason why Wlad can laugh off most of the things Toney says, for example, but feels genuinely hurt and bothered by what Haye has said and done (distant past, past and present).

Haye has crossed the line loads of times during his [fraudulent] career. I don't see lines of boxers making gang-rape jokes and the thinking they're too big to apologise etc etc.
Hey, I find it as unsavoury as you, but that's the way it's always been and there are many, many boxers who have behaved worse than Haye.

Some of the stuff Tyson came out with was vile (plus he meant a lot of it) and he behaved atrociously out of the ring too, didn't he once chin a 60 year old guy in road rage? The Klits both cosy up to him all the time, maybe one day they will be able to forgive bad boy Haye too.

You can see why they do it though, which would you choose? 15m for fighting Wlad like Haye got, or a few hundred thousand at most like Hide or Williams got for fighting Vit and Bowe?
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
nick6
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
I think you're wrong. I've followed everything that has been said -- and there's a reason why Wlad can laugh off most of the things Toney says, for example, but feels genuinely hurt and bothered by what Haye has said and done (distant past, past and present).

Haye has crossed the line loads of times during his [fraudulent] career. I don't see lines of boxers making gang-rape jokes and the thinking they're too big to apologise etc etc.
do you not understand why haye does all this shit ? its to get money. The more stupid stuff he says and does the more publicity he gets, the more people are interested and in turn he gets more money.

Its all about publicity and selling yourself and the fight as much as it is performing. Just look at carl froch ask a random in the street and nobody know who the **** he is even though the last 4 or 5 of his fights have been against the top level guys, ask them who david haye is and they would know. I don't believe david haye means or believes everything he says, its all a bit of a pisstake and publicly stunt. Him and adam booth have been excellent marketers.

I don't even know why wald gets so upset about the t-shirt i personally wouldn't give a shit. To be honest he might not even give a shit about the t-shirt himself but it all creates drama. And im sure if you ask him are you happy david haye created such drama he would say yes because its been a massive payday for him.
nick6 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
Jared
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5651

Haye didn't fight like a coward. I'd love to see you stand in front of a 6'7" guy with their hands down to try and tempt them into a brawl. Wlad just didn't bit and Haye lacked to ability to get Wlad to fight outside his comfort zone.
Jared is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #20
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Thats another thing I don't like.... fighters are fighters, warriors are men who put themselves on the line when there are no rules. The man on the left in my avatar is a warrior...the cunt on the right is a bit of an arsehole mind.

Gatti was a fighter who didn't know the limits of his own ability, thats not a warrior, thats being a bit reckless and stupid
I'm talking about a warrior in the boxing sense -- and yes, there are those around. (I actually used to think like you though).

I have a hard time describing our troops (the picture is not here as I type; can't remember what exactly it was) as true warriors fighting in these pointless wars which are just dragging us into further mess. I'm not doubting their bravery and courage...but true warriors aren't found by default on any battlefield imo. They do not even need to be there. They are an invading and occupying force...(no disrespect to anyone who has lost loved ones; but in fact, many have asked themselves these same questions. Again, bravery and courage: yes...warrior? That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob887 View Post
Hey, I find it as unsavoury as you, but that's the way it's always been and there are many, many boxers who have behaved worse than Haye.

Some of the stuff Tyson came out with was vile (plus he meant a lot of it) and he behaved atrociously out of the ring too, didn't he once chin a 60 year old guy in road rage? The Klits both cosy up to him all the time, maybe one day they will be able to forgive bad boy Haye too.

You can see why they do it though, which would you choose? 15m for fighting Wlad like Haye got, or a few hundred thousand at most like Hide or Williams got for fighting Vit and Bowe?
Fair enough..although the bit about selling the fight doesn't resonate with me. See Pacquiao for instance. And it wasn't just to sell the fight.
FrochPascal is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #21
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick6 View Post
do you not understand why haye does all this shit ? its to get money. The more stupid stuff he says and does the more publicity he gets, the more people are interested and in turn he gets more money.
He hasn't apologised for the stuff he's done and he certainly has not regretted anything he's said or done. He meant it.

He was above apologising for making gang-rape jokes..but that's okay, it was only to sell a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I'd love to see you stand in front of a 6'7" guy with their hands down to try and tempt them into a brawl.
Was I the one who ran my lips prior to a fight with a 6'7 guy? No, it was David Haye.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #22
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Fair enough..although the bit about selling the fight doesn't resonate with me. See Pacquiao for instance. And it wasn't just to sell the fight.
Pacquiao is very much an exception to the rule and such an easy marketable fighter. He's one that comes along only once every ten to twenty years if that.

Last edited by Rob887; 07-06-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
nick6
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
He hasn't apologised for the stuff he's done and he certainly has not regretted anything he's said or done. He meant it.

He was above apologising for making gang-rape jokes..but that's okay, it was only to sell a fight.

Was I the one who ran my lips prior to a fight with a 6'7 guy? No, it was David Haye.
If he apologizes after every fight are people going to buy into the hype as much ?

Do you really think david haye wanted to rip wlads head off, or seriously hurt him ? why whats his motive behind it, hes not done anything its all hype.

For every good guy in the sport you need a bad guy. Tyson, floyd mayweather, chris eubank. You need someone the public love to hate and who causes drama it sells fights. I would say a lot of all trash talking is money motivated.
nick6 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #24
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Pacquiao is very much an exception to the rule and such an easy marketable fighter. He's one that comes along only once every ten to twenty years if that.
Amir Khan?

Anyway I perhaps have not made it clear enough: I couldn't give two giraffes' necks about selling fights through stupidity. Did you need Pac and Cotto to act like complete anuses to be hyped for the fight? Most of the people that bought Haye-Wlad (i.e not true fans of boxing) have now turned immensely away from boxing, voicing their complete disgust at Haye's antics after they saw what they got in the ring.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #25
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Amir Khan?
Khan close to Pac in sales? Sorry, FrochPascal, but, no.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #26
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Khan close to Pac in sales? Sorry FrochPascal, you've been respectful, but I have to give you one of these for that.:
Who said that? I'm measuring Khan's "popularity" to that of Haye. Thanks for blanking the rest of my post though.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #27
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Who said that? I'm measuring Khan's "popularity" to that of Haye. Thanks for blanking the rest of my post though.
The rest of your post is about Pacquiao, who I've already told you is a once in a 10 to 20 years marketing mans dream and even then for the biggest fight of his career he's going to rely on a trash talking Floyd Mayweather.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
FrochPascal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The rest of your post is about Pacquiao, who I've already told you is a once in a 10 to 20 years marketing mans dream and even then for the biggest fight of his career he's going to rely on a trash talking Floyd Mayweather.
What? Read again. Pacquiao was another post. Mayweather's trash talk isn't the same as what Haye did.

Anyway, no offence, but weren't you the one who came out of the fight singing Haye's praises. I forgot it was you. No biggie, but If i'd have known I would not have bothered typing tbh.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #29
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What? Read again. Pacquiao was another post. Mayweather's trash talk isn't the same as what Haye did.

Anyway, no offence, but weren't you the one who came out of the fight singing Haye's praises. I forgot it was you. No biggie, but If i'd have known I would not have bothered typing tbh.
So now you accuse me of being a Haye fan? That's a cheap shot.

Before the fight I always had Wlad winning the fight, didn't think Haye ever had a chance. I thought Haye would get knocked out.

I wasn't too bothered who won, and made a thread about it.

My thoughts on the fight:

Haye in the fight did better than I expected, I was quite impressed by some of his defensive work. I thought most of the rounds reasonably close, though acknowledge that Wlad won the majority of them though not by a huge margin.

I think both men were complicit in serving up a pretty dour fight, though there have been many far worse fights.

Those are my views, take them or leave them.

Last edited by Rob887; 07-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #30
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Haye should do what Benn did in defeat...go to the US, get his head straight and come back firing on all cylinders
That would be great, but I can't see Haye doing it though, Benn was a different kind of beast.
Rob887 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum