Old 07-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #31
Julie.H
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 321
Default Re: murray mitchell undercard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I get the same tickets when I take my nephew to the WWE wrestling and, although I'm not paying that much attention, I think they'll be fine for boxing as the Echo isn't that big of an arena.

Ok, cool thanks for that.
Julie.H is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #32
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe View Post
If Ricky Burns ever beats John Murray and Kevin Mitchell I will honestly drink a 2 litre bottle of my own piss.
I will keep you to that roe neither will beat Burns i promise you
billy nelson is online now  Top
Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #33
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Billy you are really beginning to come boring! Nobody cares if Burns is scottish or english, we just want to see him in good fights. And unfortunately he's only been in about 3 competitive fights in his whole career, in my eyes Ricky has not proved he is world class, Murray and Mitchell both beat Burns imo.
Thats your opinion mate i respect that.how many worthwhile fights would you say M&M have been in then? by the way im only refering to Burns fights since he came to me after the CJ fight! totally diffrent fighter now and yes he is world class i should know ive trained two and you havent.FACT!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Credit where credits due for the Martinez win, but he can't dine out on that forever. Decent challenge is needed by year end.
I agree,cook will be a hard fight but Burns is improving fight by fight and will have to much quality for cook imo,then we'd like to unify
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #35
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
It always comes down to the word Scots with you, im English and am a Burns fan but with your comments my support will crumble in time
I was born in Rochford, Es***.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #36
roe

vCash:

Ricky Burns has only been in 4 fights in a 10 year professional career where he hasn't been at least 1/33 to win. And he's lost 2 of them

It was a very good surprising win against Roman Martinez but **** sake. Mitchell's win over Prescott was more impressive. At least Prescott had one good win to his name. Burns struggled at British level and then got swerved on to a pretend world title without even rematching the likes of Carl Johanneson and Alex Arthur.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ricky Burns. I went mental during his fight with Martinez and will continue to cheer him on when he finally steps up again. End of.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #37
ScubaSteve
Dwylo o Garreg
ESB Addict

vCash: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
I agree,cook will be a hard fight but Burns is improving fight by fight and will have to much quality for cook imo,then we'd like to unify
I don't know anyone who dislikes Ricky, he seems a top lad and I want to see him do well. I'd love to see Burns-Fana soon.
ScubaSteve is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #38
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
I don't know anyone who dislikes Ricky, he seems a top lad and I want to see him do well. I'd love to see Burns-Fana soon.
Me too mate
Old 07-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #39
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ricky Burns has only been in 4 fights in a 10 year professional career where he hasn't been at least 1/33 to win. And he's lost 2 of them

It was a very good surprising win against Roman Martinez but **** sake. Mitchell's win over Prescott was more impressive. At least Prescott had one good win to his name. Burns struggled at British level and then got swerved on to a pretend world title without even rematching the likes of Carl Johanneson and Alex Arthur.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ricky Burns. I went mental during his fight with Martinez and will continue to cheer him on when he finally steps up again. End of.
I would disagree with you on the better fight,both opponents punched hard but p4p Martinez punched much harder imo,ive never seen a SFW who can punch as hard in all my time in boxing,similar tactics for Murray will do the trick for Kevin in there fight as ive said hes the better boxer of the two aqnd certainly beter defencive skills
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 AM   #40
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

This! I think a few of our problems with Burns stems actually from Frank *Don't Say My Name*. I gave Ricky next to no chance at beating Martinez. But after turning in a career best performance against a solid world champion, we have had two joke fights. If he can mix it with the best of em, let him!

Both Murray and Mitchell beat him IMO tho. If he steps up in weight he'll be beaten regardless of who wins. But then again, I said he'd lose to Martinez as well
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2011, 04:29 AM   #41
davidmcallister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I have seen Ricky boxing since he was a young kid of 11 and he has always had a touch of class, i remember when he was 15 and was knocking out cold decent level senior fighters including a commonwealth games medalist from Edinburgh ( i can't remember his name though). His amateur coach told everybody that day he would be world champion and he has done.

I'm sure Ricky would like his opposition to be better as any fighter would but it is down to your management team, against Mitchell or Murray i would give him a great chance of beating both and i believe a step up in weight would maybe bring back the explosive power he showed all through his amateur career.
davidmcallister is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #42
KingMonkey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don't think Burns beats either Murray nor Mitchell but to be honest I don't really care, I just want to see him in a decent fight again rather than being spoon fed easy defences. This defence against Cook is an insult.
KingMonkey is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 AM   #43
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Woodhouse vs Gavin won't get shown.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2011, 04:44 AM   #44
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

now that Fana has lost his IBF title it might be easiar to get him.
Jonsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum