Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Undercard fights of Wlad vs Brewster

Highly touted Chechen talent Zaurbek Baysangurov will square off against very decent and durable French based Hussein Bayram.
Teak tough American journeyman Berry Butler will face unknown Albanian Haxhi Krasniqui.
On the undercard will also appear Irish hope Andy Lee and a very interesting cruiser weight,Johanthan Banks.Their opponents have not been anounced yet.

The Russian based young Chechen Baysangurov(15-) is for sure the biggest talent in his weight division,and he seems to be destined to dethrone one of the champs and reign for a long time.
Baysangurov is fast,can bang,is tough,has the right mental attitude towards his job,a good chin,a merciless finisher.Whoever has seen him live starts blowing his trumpet.He has the potential to be a truly great fighter.
His opponent Bayram(24-2) is a good boxer,but not really a match for the rising talent.I will bet my house that Bayram wont last 11 rounds as he did against Dzindziruk who is one of the best,but most underrated champs out there.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Undercard fights of Wlad vs Brewster

What do you mean with "Russian based Chechen"? To my knowledge Chechnya is part of Russia. That's like calling Hatton an British-based Englishman.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
What do you mean with "Russian based Chechen"? To my knowledge Chechnya is part of Russia. That's like calling Hatton an British-based Englishman.
Well,a Chechen is no Russian,nbt!
Chechnya may be part of Russia,officially at least,but whoever stems from one of the countries of the former soviet union knows what I am talking about.
It is a bloody difficult and complicated topic.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Chechnya may be part of Russia,officially at least,but whoever stems from one of the countries of the former soviet union knows what I am talking about.
I think what you mean to say is that they are nationally, ie citizenship, Russian, but ethnically they aren't.

NBT ethnic Rus (Russian, Ukrainian and Belarussian) come from a specific Slavic hinterland that extends from much of modern day Ukraine and Belarus to the traditional lands of Russia north of Rostov and Volgagrad. It is like the difference between English, Scotts and Welsh. All of them are British but they aren't the same ethnic group. Or Basques and Catalans being Spanish citizens but not ethnically Spanish.

Does that about cover it Odo, or is there anything else you would like to add?

By the way I really like Baysangurov and would like for him to do well. I think he is the most talented prospect between 147 and 160. He is well ahead of Berto, Chavez Jr or Andre Ward (who is between 160-168lbs) and even fellow countryman Pirog.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 AM   #5
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
You missed the point. The point is that it doesn't make a lot of sense the call someone "xxx-based" when he is fighting out of his home country which in this case is Russia.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
You missed the point. The point is that it doesn't make a lot of sense the call someone "xxx-based" when he is fighting out of his home country which in this case is Russia.
It kinda of does if he's from Chechnya , as Baysangurov may feel/wish Chechnya was independent and doesn't feel Russian .

Alright technically it may be wrong but you can see where the OP is coming from .

Last edited by BigEars; 06-26-2007 at 01:01 AM.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 AM   #7
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Anyway, Zaurbek is goin to win...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 AM   #8
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
I doubt that many chechens like if you call them russians.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #9
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Rojo
I doubt that many chechens like if you call them russians.
And why would I do that? There are very few nations today that still have a ethnic homogenous population, basically only a few east-asian nations like Korea. Of course there are lots of other ethnic groups in Russia besides Russian. But the fact still stands, Chechnya is part of Russia whether you like it or not, that's how it is.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Chechnya is a very difficult topic.I dont want to talk about it.Nobody who doesnt stem one of the countries of the former soviet union really understands anything I would say about Chechnya.Most people in the western world just believe their western propaganda that all russians are bad killing innocent chechen freedom fighters.

Russia for sure isnt a Chechen 's mother,nbt!
Anyway! Lets talk about boxing!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Unbeaten cruiserweight Johnathon Banks (16-0, 12 KOs) will face very limited journeyman Josip Jalusic (8-7-1).I am very disappointed.Banks shouldnt fight such a no-hoper when he has the chance to showcase his skills in front of 10,000 people in one of most important box markets of the world. Middleweight Andy Lee (9-0, 6 KOs) will get a toughter test squaring off against Engin Erdogan (10-3) Former world title challenger Rudiger May will also appear on the undercard.

The best piece of news is that German tv will show Baysangurov's fight live.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Unbeaten cruiserweight Johnathon Banks (16-0, 12 KOs) will face very limited journeyman Josip Jalusic (8-7-1).I am very disappointed.Banks shouldnt fight such a no-hoper when he has the chance to showcase his skills in front of 10,000 people in one of most important box markets of the world. Middleweight Andy Lee (9-0, 6 KOs) will get a toughter test squaring off against Engin Erdogan (10-3) Former world title challenger Rudiger May will also appear on the undercard.

The best piece of news is that German tv will show Baysangurov's fight live.
Yes but unfortunately for those of us here in the States that HBO won't show us Baysangurov. As far as Lee fighting better comp, Andy Lee is a better talent than Banks.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #13
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

My comepatriot Haxhi Krasniqi fighting in the undercard of Brewster - Wlad.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #14
mike
i'll rip your lungs out!

a lot of people in the caucasus of russia don't consider themselves russians. the russians lived further north and came down to take slaves and eventually colonize the land.
mike is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #15
mike
i'll rip your lungs out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Chechnya is a very difficult topic.I dont want to talk about it.Nobody who doesnt stem one of the countries of the former soviet union really understands anything I would say about Chechnya.Most people in the western world just believe their western propaganda that all russians are bad killing innocent chechen freedom fighters.

Russia for sure isnt a Chechen 's mother,nbt!
Anyway! Lets talk about boxing!
no war is clean. the russians do terrible things in chechnya, as well as dagestan, and this doesn't excuse what caucasus militants do.
mike is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum