Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
Truth is, Booth did anything but think outside the box against Wlad. Haye is better than what Booth allowed him to be.

I disagree, there were two people in that ring trying to win and Wlad was too big and too good. What previous Haye performances made it look like he was going to beat Wlad?
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I disagree, there were two people in that ring trying to win and Wlad was too big and too good. What previous Haye performances made it look like he was going to beat Wlad?
I agree GazOC.

Thats all it boils down to.

Since when did Haye reach such high regards ?

He is a overrated Crusierweight - who's best win was Mormeck - and is not the all time great crusierweight that he has been made out as.

And at heavyweight - he has scraped through against Valuev.

There was nothing to suggest he was good enough to beat Wlad - unless he somehow nailed Wlad early before the fight developed into a pattern.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

And before anyone asks, I DID pick a Wlad win via boring fight beforehand!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
What previous Haye performances made it look like he was going to beat Wlad?
None, none at all. I've always been a Haye fan in the past, but I've never suggested Haye could or would beat Wlad.

What I am saying is that Haye could have made Wlad fight to keep his belt, and a lot of that critisism is aimed at Booth.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Like I say sometimes the tools arn't in the box and thats not the trainers fault. Given that we've never seen evidence of Haye having the ability to beat Wlad I think its a bit harsh blaming Booth for not "thinking outside the box".

Otherwise I'd be hiring him and taking on Manny Pac for the world title......;O)
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
its a bit harsh blaming Booth for not "thinking outside the box".
I wasn't expecting some kind of genius strategy but when it was clear that plan A wasn't working, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a change in strategy. Did he even tell Haye he needed a knockout at any point?
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #22
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
I wasn't expecting some kind of genius strategy but when it was clear that plan A wasn't working, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a change in strategy. Did he even tell Haye he needed a knockout at any point?
Every single Wlad opponent for the last 6 years has been looking for a "plan B" once they start getting hit with that jab and can't reach the target with their own punches.

If you're saying Haye is good enough that a "plan B" should be divisible for Haye where the other fighters failed, I don't see that theres been much evidence of this in Hayes past performances.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #23
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

The main thing that pissed me off is David Haye throwing that bumrush right hand and then giving up rather than following up with a left hook. Downstairs or upstairs would have been good. Made him so predictable.

That said I didn't hear much of what Booth said in the corner so I can't criticize too much, but you would have to question the risks or rather lack of them that Haye took. It was possibly a bit too extreme given the magnitude of the fight and the lack of success he was having, and the point where they should have realized that is when he demonstrated he could take a punch.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #24
calumbo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 570
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
I wasn't expecting some kind of genius strategy but when it was clear that plan A wasn't working, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a change in strategy. Did he even tell Haye he needed a knockout at any point?
I agree.
He went in there like all the previous victimes, e.g Lets try and make him miss then counter over the top. Wlads jab is most of the time too precise to counter so you have to move around it.
Haye showed for most of the fight that he could easily slip the jab but after doing that he was clueless how to attack.
Yes Wlad was very good but lets be hoenst he was allowed to be..Not once did Haye put him on the backfoot(other than a big shot in the 12th).
Had Haye slipped the jab and thew to the body then head he would have had a much better chance. Instead he chose the safety safety appraoch of act elusive then strike with 1 lucky punch.

Booth and Haye both said before the fight they had some special gameplan Wlad had never seen before....................
calumbo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #25
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumbo View Post

Booth and Haye both said before the fight they had some special gameplan Wlad had never seen before....................
Apologies for sniping your post but talking the pre-fight BS is a lot different from it actually happening.

I think thats a lot of where the problem lies, people believed Haye and Booth rather than look at the fight objectively and then blamed them when the fight went to form.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #26
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Every single Wlad opponent for the last 6 years has been looking for a "plan B" once they start getting hit with that jab and can't reach the target with their own punches.

If you're saying Haye is good enough that a "plan B" should be divisible for Haye where the other fighters failed, I don't see that theres been much evidence of this in Hayes past performances.
I do agree with what you're saying, and I really wasn't expecting Haye to beat Wlad. I was, however, hoping he might put in an effort he/we could be proud of rather than dodging his way through the fight, only to whine about his toe.

Oh, I get it now, the toe injury WAS plan B. At least Booth distanced himself from that excuse...
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #27
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumbo View Post
I agree.
He went in there like all the previous victimes, e.g Lets try and make him miss then counter over the top. Wlads jab is most of the time too precise to counter so you have to move around it.
Haye showed for most of the fight that he could easily slip the jab but after doing that he was clueless how to attack.
Yes Wlad was very good but lets be hoenst he was allowed to be..Not once did Haye put him on the backfoot(other than a big shot in the 12th).
Had Haye slipped the jab and thew to the body then head he would have had a much better chance. Instead he chose the safety safety appraoch of act elusive then strike with 1 lucky punch.

Booth and Haye both said before the fight they had some special gameplan Wlad had never seen before....................
Its no concidence though - that Haye wasent allowed to be his usual destructive self no ?
White Tiger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Its no concidence though - that Haye wasent allowed to be his usual destructive self no ?
You mean that Wlad might have been trying to win the fight as well?
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
calumbo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 570
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Its no concidence though - that Haye wasent allowed to be his usual destructive self no ?
Haha Touche.

Due to Wlads size he was able to dictate and move away from hayes wild superman leaps. BUT the thing that pissed me off the most was Hayes lack of output when in position.

He would slip under the jab, be in a great position BUT alas would be do nothing and go back to moving and throwing the odd single pot shot.
Yes Wlad has the size, jab and movement but he is still very vulnerable to speed and obviously power!
Haye is by no means no Tyson but why not slip the jab then throw combinations or at least slip the jab and throw a 1-2.

Being an armchair wannabe is a bastard!
calumbo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #30
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

It was baffling that Haye hardly threw a left hook in the entire fight.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013