Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #31
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Couple of thoughts on this:

1) The flopping seemed to be Booth's "super-secret, ingenious game plan." Falling to the canvas was supposed to either infuriate Wlad or make the ref tell him to stop any leaning in the clinches. All it did was make Haye look like a little punk bitch.

2) I can only assume that Booth's problems with the ref have to do with not helping out Haye when he was flopping on the floor looking to the ref for sympathy points.

3) Haye got in position to throw body punches. Instead, he flopped. Actually, attacking Wladdy's body would have been an interesting game plan that might have yielded results later in the fight and given Haye an opportunity to open up and have a chance. But apparently Booth & Co. never considered it.
Saintpat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #32
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I disagree, there were two people in that ring trying to win and Wlad was too big and too good. What previous Haye performances made it look like he was going to beat Wlad?
Bang on, Haye did what he always did to big men, power pot shot. Problem is you need to throw more than 30 punches around...against Valuev it was 12 punches a round, and against Harrison? Must have been less than 30
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #33
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumbo View Post
Haha Touche.

Due to Wlads size he was able to dictate and move away from hayes wild superman leaps. BUT the thing that pissed me off the most was Hayes lack of output when in position.

He would slip under the jab, be in a great position BUT alas would be do nothing and go back to moving and throwing the odd single pot shot.
Yes Wlad has the size, jab and movement but he is still very vulnerable to speed and obviously power!
Haye is by no means no Tyson but why not slip the jab then throw combinations or at least slip the jab and throw a 1-2.

Being an armchair wannabe is a bastard!
Look at all my posts, I kept saying how Booth and Haye were under the impression that throwing power pot shots was the way to go.....i kept going on about how he throws to little.....this way the downfall.

Of course if Haye threw more, and stay in the lions den i.e Wlads punching range he could well have got knocked out.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #34
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

What is the point in this thread..? Really think about what you have just wrote, and why you're criticising Adam Booth. People keep mentioning Manny Steward and Freddie Roach, when's the last time Freddie Roach made a "FIGHTER"..? When's the last time Manny Stewart, had to overcome real advertisy inside the ring with a fighter..?

Manny Pac fought like a complete retard against Shane Mosley, and had no answer for Shane Mosley's movement. What did Freddie Roach tell Manny Pac..? Nothing, he just mumbled some bullshit.

Wladimir Kiltscko still can't cope with inside fighting, the reason why he grabs and leans his weight on his opponents.

Adam Booth made David Haye, infact they both created each other. People are too quick to criticise Adam Booth, the reason why David Haye lost was due to David Haye. Adam Booth after the fight stated, during the middle rounds........

"I told David Haye to do something, and in the past he would etheir do it, or attempt to do it, this was the first time in my partnership, that David Haye for whatever reason..........."Did'nt do what i told him to do, or attempted it"

There's nothing wrong with David Haye as a fighter, he's talented physically and technically. He made Wladimri Kiltscko miss more than any other opponent, he reduced Wladimri Kiltschko to his lowest punch output over 12 rounds, maybe for his entire career.

I've watch the fight 4 times, and i can see a distinct difference in David Haye's athleticism and stability. His leg gave away, "The injured leg" sometimes when he lunged in for the attack. He seemed to be subliminally, putting his weight on the inside of the foot, also when all weight was shifted to that foot......."His leg would give away sometime" watch the fight closely, sometimes his leg just gives away, "But he still stays on his feet".

I think this was a combination of the injury, and the whole host of injections he stabbed into his foot. Its common knowledge that you are advised not to involve yourself in any physical activity, if you are taking "Anti-Inflammatory". And i presume David Haye was taking cortisol injections, or something which nums the area. "And with the amount of injections he took, it would of........in my opinion affected the function of his whole leg, and overall physical output/performance.

"I don't think it was a 100% David Haye, David Haye is a fighter who's like a fighter jet. You cannot have a fighter jet, with a injured wing or anything which relates to the moveability of the jet........and expect it to perform 100%"

"He's not a very durable fighter in that sense"
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #35
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
What is the point in this thread..? Really think about what you have just wrote, and why you're criticising Adam Booth. People keep mentioning Manny Steward and Freddie Roach, when's the last time Freddie Roach made a "FIGHTER"..? When's the last time Manny Stewart, had to overcome real advertisy inside the ring with a fighter..?

Manny Pac fought like a complete retard against Shane Mosley, and had no answer for Shane Mosley's movement. What did Freddie Roach tell Manny Pac..? Nothing, he just mumbled some bullshit.

Wladimir Kiltscko still can't cope with inside fighting, the reason why he grabs and leans his weight on his opponents.

Adam Booth made David Haye, infact they both created each other. People are too quick to criticise Adam Booth, the reason why David Haye lost was due to David Haye. Adam Booth after the fight stated, during the middle rounds........

"I told David Haye to do something, and in the past he would etheir do it, or attempt to do it, this was the first time in my partnership, that David Haye for whatever reason..........."Did'nt do what i told him to do, or attempted it"

There's nothing wrong with David Haye as a fighter, he's talented physically and technically. He made Wladimri Kiltscko miss more than any other opponent, he reduced Wladimri Kiltschko to his lowest punch output over 12 rounds, maybe for his entire career.

I've watch the fight 4 times, and i can see a distinct difference in David Haye's athleticism and stability. His leg gave away, "The injured leg" sometimes when he lunged in for the attack. He seemed to be subliminally, putting his weight on the inside of the foot, also when all weight was shifted to that foot......."His leg would give away sometime" watch the fight closely, sometimes his leg just gives away, "But he still stays on his feet".

I think this was a combination of the injury, and the whole host of injections he stabbed into his foot. Its common knowledge that you are advised not to involve yourself in any physical activity, if you are taking "Anti-Inflammatory". And i presume David Haye was taking cortisol injections, or something which nums the area. "And with the amount of injections he took, it would of........in my opinion affected the function of his whole leg, and overall physical output/performance.

"I don't think it was a 100% David Haye, David Haye is a fighter who's like a fighter jet. You cannot have a fighter jet, with a injured wing or anything which relates to the moveability of the jet........and expect it to perform 100%"

"He's not a very durable fighter in that sense"

You watched it four times?! I could understand watching it live and possibly a sober replay but 4 times!!! I admire your dedication
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #36
Davro
u wnt sum i`ll give it ya
ESB Full Member

noone would watch that fight four times, i'm sorry!!

As for Booth's naive defensive tactics, and people bringing up Haye's recent record -- how come when I did it after the Groves fight, all I got was abuse!?

I'll tell you why. 1) When they are winning, no-one will criticise. 2) Everyone is the expert with the benefit of hindsight.
Davro is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #37
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

There's nothing wrong with Adam Booths tactics, like i stated before. David Haye lost the fight, because he could not implement the tactics, due to his injury and Wladimir Kiltschko, being the better man on the night.

What makes a great boxing trainer, is a psychological and spiritual bond. And Adam Booth has that with David Haye. Who did Jermaine Taylor have most of his success with, and produce his best performances with...? Not ****ing Manny Steward.

"Jermaine Taylor, nullified and out boxed Bernard Hopkins twice! without Manny Stewart"

This thread is shit, and the poster who made this thread...."is shit". All the posts are shit.......

Accept mine.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #38
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthehat View Post
It was baffling that Haye hardly threw a left hook in the entire fight.
Yeah I noticed that on the repeat as well. He just darted in - said something - and darted out.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #39
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthehat View Post
It was baffling that Haye hardly threw a left hook in the entire fight.
If he had just bloody thrown a left hook instead of falling to his knees everytime then he might have really got to Klitschko.

This is what I anticipated Haye doing when I predicted him to win. Throw a 'feeler' punch or combo to get into position and then unleash the real stuff when Wlad squared up on the retreat. If you look Wlad did f-all when Haye jumped in. Just stood there. Haye claimed Wlad was a robot but he was just as much of one in there that night. No instinct or appetite for a fight at all.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #40
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

I don't know about the sky broadcast, but on hbo you could hear everything Steward said between rounds, but Booth couldn't be heard at all. Can anyone sheds some light on this?
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #41
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonavena25 View Post
If he had just bloody thrown a left hook instead of falling to his knees everytime then he might have really got to Klitschko.

This is what I anticipated Haye doing when I predicted him to win. Throw a 'feeler' punch or combo to get into position and then unleash the real stuff when Wlad squared up on the retreat. If you look Wlad did f-all when Haye jumped in. Just stood there. Haye claimed Wlad was a robot but he was just as much of one in there that night. No instinct or appetite for a fight at all.
I'm sure I've seen/ read an interview with Booth where he said that was supposed to be the tactics? Use the first combo that missed to "claim the ground" in order to throw the second combo from within range?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #42
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I'm sure I've seen/ read an interview with Booth where he said that was supposed to be the tactics? Use the first combo that missed to "claim the ground" in order to throw the second combo from within range?
Yep - Booth said that was the plan but for whatever reason Haye couldn't follow up and carry out the 'second phase'. I think Haye was only prepared to follow up if he managed to stagger Klitschko with the initial attack. Most of the time he missed so he just gave up.

If he had realised Wlad was not exactly primed to the pull the trigger when he missed he could've easily let go with a little barrage and made headway. Maybe I'm selling Wlad short but he did seem vulnerable and open when he retreated, and thus he gave Haye the chance to turn it into the scrap which was supposedly suited to his 'fighter's' instincts, and kryptonite to Wlad.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #43
spenno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm8655 View Post
Firstly I have a lot of respect for the Dark Lord.

But since the Haye - Wlad fight and his comments afterwards I can't help thinking this fight has shown his limitations. He just didn't seem to have any plan b and even after the fight he has basically suggested that David Haye's style isn't the right style to beat Wlad. Haye is a fantastic athlete, a talented fighter and I can't help thinking that someone like freddie roach or Manny Steward could come up with a fight plan for Haye to be more effective against Wlad, those guys would have a plan b.

When has he ever got his fighter to switch up his plan midfight with any success?
Personally, I think Booth got his plan a spot on.
Haye is quicker, so stand there and dodge the jab, take a shot when the big man is off balance.
Wlad likes to hug when in close, and then lean on you. This can really take it out of you, so why not go to the floor? I think that was absolutely part of the plan and I think it was the most sensible thing to do. If this was a fight anywhere but Germany I bet Wlad would have had points taken off.

You've taken away his two main weapons, now take the chances and try and reach his chin.

As it turned out Haye never really found his chin, and in the later stages Wlad found Haye's face more and more. Despite that, I think that Booth got it right in trying to stick it out, in my eyes there wasn't a better gameplan (certainly not a plan b) and on another day it could have happened. This will be the blueprint of how to take out the Klitchko's in the Future.

(ps - I'm not new, just lurk a lot)
spenno is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #44
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Booths tactics revolve around not speaking clear English and making up phrases and words to make his tactics sound more ingenious then they really are.

Haye had all the talent to beat Wlad, he didn't have the mindset nor the technique nor the fundamentals to do so though!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #45
Davro
u wnt sum i`ll give it ya
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
There's nothing wrong with Adam Booths tactics, like i stated before. David Haye lost the fight, because he could not implement the tactics, due to his injury and Wladimir Kiltschko, being the better man on the night.

What makes a great boxing trainer, is a psychological and spiritual bond. And Adam Booth has that with David Haye. Who did Jermaine Taylor have most of his success with, and produce his best performances with...? Not ****ing Manny Steward.

"Jermaine Taylor, nullified and out boxed Bernard Hopkins twice! without Manny Stewart"

This thread is shit, and the poster who made this thread...."is shit". All the posts are shit.......

Accept mine.
excuse me, but Booth sent Haye out v Valuev and Groves out v DeGale with stalling fight tactics. It is bizarre how both fighters won titles from other champions after such ***** ass cowardly fight plans.

Haye tried the same v Klitschko and didn't land anywhere near enough punches. However it was Booth's game plan to be defensive and counter punch Klitschko - however he never told Haye how to do it when he was eating powerful jabs, and could not get within range.

Booth has a history of that gameplan. It's in all his recent fights, Klitschko could see it coming, hell even I saw it coming. don't try to excuse Booth and make out it was Haye's idea to embarrass himself in front of millions.
Davro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum