Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #61
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Adam Booth's tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
One thing that needs to stop is people saying Haye was dominated. Far from it. Wlad won clearly cos of the points system but as a fight he never took complete control and was arguably stunned more than Haye was.

Cos of the points system

As opposed to what other method of adjudicating a boxing match?
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #62
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

I rewatched the Haye - Wlad fight again on sunday, sober this time and was surprised how a/ despite throwing a **** load of leather Wlad consistantly failed to land with either jab or right hand and b/ how easily Haye slipped the jab, got into position and just didn't pull the trigger....it almost looked choreographed
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #63
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I rewatched the Haye - Wlad fight again on sunday, sober this time and was surprised how a/ despite throwing a **** load of leather Wlad consistantly failed to land with either jab or right hand and b/ how easily Haye slipped the jab, got into position and just didn't pull the trigger....it almost looked choreographed

Nooooooooooooooo!!! Not you mate!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #64
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Nooooooooooooooo!!! Not you mate!!!
Just saying what I saw...on the night he looked like he took a bit of a beating...The sober view tells the story I think...I'm not saying that Haye came anywhere close to winning but he certainly nullified a lot of Wlads work without taking advantage himself even when he had the platform. Gunshy is the word I think.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #65
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Or "corruption"!!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #66
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Have you rewatched the fight Gaz?
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 AM   #67
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Or "corruption"!!!!
My uncle has a theory that he expounded weeks ago on the subject....I got a "Told you" phone call on the sunday morning
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #68
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm8655 View Post
Firstly I have a lot of respect for the Dark Lord.

But since the Haye - Wlad fight and his comments afterwards I can't help thinking this fight has shown his limitations. He just didn't seem to have any plan b and even after the fight he has basically suggested that David Haye's style isn't the right style to beat Wlad. Haye is a fantastic athlete, a talented fighter and I can't help thinking that someone like freddie roach or Manny Steward could come up with a fight plan for Haye to be more effective against Wlad, those guys would have a plan b.

When has he ever got his fighter to switch up his plan midfight with any success?
In hindsight I doubt anything tactics-wise was every going to get David Haye the win.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #69
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
In hindsight I doubt anything tactics-wise was every going to get David Haye the win.
I honestly don't think that there was much wrong with the tactics other than Haye only managed to follow 95% of the plan...He slipped Wlad on numerous occasions, did the difficult bit and then didn't pull the trigger.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #70
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug1list View Post
His tactics are quite boring to be honest. Mostly consist of running.
thats a complete myth.

haye didn't throw many punches but he didn't run either, he stayed in ranged and slipped/weaved.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #71
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

It was a horrible fight to watch. I arrived in Florida just in time for the fourth round and Wlad looked like he’d taken a pasting. I was dead excited thinking Haye was unwinding this great tactical plan to destroy Wlad.

Oh, how foolish! What had actually happened was that Haye had decided the difficulties of reaching Wlad were not worth overcoming. Instead he opted to make Wlad look terrible but barely throw anything in return.

It wasn’t like Wlad put on a masterclass or something. If he’d come out in the early rounds like he did after Haye tagged him in the final round, he’d have splattered David across the canvas. But that’s not his style. And Haye seemed oblivious to that, waiting for some magic moment against a much taller opponent who only makes serious mistakes when forced.

I’m always happy to slag of Floyd Mayweather, but I always give him respect for his steel in the ring. He will stand with opponents and slip and slide to find an opening, and then fire the right hand or a left hook. He does it in close and at range. If Haye had adopted some of those tactics he could have done a lot better. Yeah, he might have gotten knocked out, but he would have had a better chance of getting the win.

It was painful to watch him flop and complain like Dirrell. I thought the knockdown call was awful and retaliatory, but he was asking for it by that point.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #72
Davro
u wnt sum i`ll give it ya
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
thats a complete myth.

haye didn't throw many punches but he didn't run either, he stayed in ranged and slipped/weaved.

watch the fight again, Haye was a scared little *****, you could see it in his eyes
Davro is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #73
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It was a horrible fight to watch. I arrived in Florida just in time for the fourth round and Wlad looked like hed taken a pasting. I was dead excited thinking Haye was unwinding this great tactical plan to destroy Wlad.

Oh, how foolish! What had actually happened was that Haye had decided the difficulties of reaching Wlad were not worth overcoming. Instead he opted to make Wlad look terrible but barely throw anything in return.

It wasnt like Wlad put on a masterclass or something. If hed come out in the early rounds like he did after Haye tagged him in the final round, hed have splattered David across the canvas. But thats not his style. And Haye seemed oblivious to that, waiting for some magic moment against a much taller opponent who only makes serious mistakes when forced.

Im always happy to slag of Floyd Mayweather, but I always give him respect for his steel in the ring. He will stand with opponents and slip and slide to find an opening, and then fire the right hand or a left hook. He does it in close and at range. If Haye had adopted some of those tactics he could have done a lot better. Yeah, he might have gotten knocked out, but he would have had a better chance of getting the win.

It was painful to watch him flop and complain like Dirrell. I thought the knockdown call was awful and retaliatory, but he was asking for it by that point.
Agree with you entirely.
ryanm8655 is online now  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #74
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

At least icemax isn't blind despite his age. Wladimir did very little of note. I think the most accurate thing to say is he outworked David and thats about it. This idea it was an impressive performance and that Haye did awfully is only really built up because of the way Haye talked. The way Haye talked has nothing to do with how the fight played out. The way it played out was just Wladimir outworking Haye, no more no less. Hardly a beating or anything impressive from Wladimir either, he was just less bad than Haye rather than good.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #75
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
At least icemax isn't blind despite his age. Wladimir did very little of note. I think the most accurate thing to say is he outworked David and thats about it. This idea it was an impressive performance and that Haye did awfully is only really built up because of the way Haye talked. The way Haye talked has nothing to do with how the fight played out. The way it played out was just Wladimir outworking Haye, no more no less. Hardly a beating or anything impressive from Wladimir either, he was just less bad than Haye rather than good.
Agreed, but everyone, including wlad, is blaming that on haye running.
ryanm8655 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum