BornAndBred is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #92
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Mi paisas this really is the year of the Mexican and the year's not finished yet. I truly do have a gut feeling Dinamita has 1 great fight in him left and the fight with Cantinflas Pacqauio isnt going to be one sided at all. I think el viejon de Marquez had more precious time to get used to these heavier weight classes and prepare better unlike his unwise balsy move of challenging Floyd back then.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #93
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
exactly what i figured "machetero cabron"
y tu un gusano pendejo lloron desde miami sin cojones para ir a cuba a hablar la mierda que hablas mama bicho

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #94
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
but i dont get in this thread to talk shit about mexicans,even if u dont like gamboa....so live with it
You are a delusional fanboy
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 AM   #95
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVef0eyKIPg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVef0eyKIPg[/ame]
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #96
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
When there is no superstar fighting you can always get your boxing fill by watching two top Mexicans fight! I think you are the only one to disagree with that papo. I don't have anything against the Boricuas, but you just don't get these type of classics when you see two Boricaus face off. Sure Camacho and Rosario was a great one, but what else? Cotto vs Quintana, maybe?

Compare it two these Mexican vs Mexican bouts:

Rios vs Antillon

JM Marquez vs J. Diaz

Rafa Marquez vs Vasquez

Barrera vs Marquez

Barrera vs Morales

Puerto Rican fighters are at their best when the fight their Aztec nemesis.

and that's cause we force them to fight....two ricans will try to look pretty and get a win....but with a mexican on the other end, they have no choice but to dig deep
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #97
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
My favorite ongoing thread. I'm just glad I live in SoCal and get to watch the Mexican warriors on a regular basis.
so you get my point, right ? that they keep the sport alive for the "real" fans....shit i can watch telemundo, telefutura, and tvazteca fights for the rest of the year with no high profile ppv's and i would be fine with it....

plus, they always bring in special commentators which i think adds juice to the show...
Old 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #98
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorricane View Post

you're naming a bunch of old fights i can do that as well i guess you dont know much about boxing or puerto rico boxers because you forgot

felix trinidad vs jake rodriguez
gomez vs laporte
benitez vs santos
rosario vs nazario

oh jeez, I forgot to name some fights and now I know nothing about boxing.

I could use your type of logic and say, "Since you don't see how Mexican/Chicano fighters are keeping the sport alive you don't know much about the sport either."

Your the type of poster that likes to stir the pot, even if you agree you will always play devils advocate. And every time one of your Boricuas gets startched your nowwhere to be found, taking weeks to slowly crawl out of you depression.

No te apures papo, Boricua Boxing will be back with some victories of their Azteca nemesis. Maybe with Cotto vs Margarito, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #99
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
oh jeez, I forgot to name some fights and now I know nothing about boxing.

I could use your type of logic and say, "Since you don't see how Mexican/Chicano fighters are keeping the sport alive you don't know much about the sport either."

Your the type of poster that likes to stir the pot, even if you agree you will always play devils advocate. And every time one of your Boricuas gets startched your nowwhere to be found, taking weeks to slowly crawl out of you depression.

No te apures papo, Boricua Boxing will be back with some victories of their Azteca nemesis. Maybe with Cotto vs Margarito, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
what the hell are you talking about dont be so sensitive i never said you dont know anything about boxing but im countering your point that boricuas need mexican to make good fights... and just because you as a mexican and a fan of mexican fighters and other posters of mexican decent can wacth telefutura, telemundo and other small cards featuring mexican fighters it doesnt mean mexicans are keeping boxing alive

it just mean that for the die hard boxing fan to get their fix they have to result to watching local cards since there isnt one big star making big cards today

here in PR we have small cards every other week and they show them on wapa tv so i could say boricuas are keeping boxing alive for me.. there are small cards every friday all over the world

but to keep the sport alive mainstream we need the superstars and that's my point we dont have one

so keep enjoying your small local cards that only a handful of people watch and keep thinking that's keeping the sport alive

Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #100
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The Mexican fans and fighters alike are the ones who keep the sport alive.
Zombieguy is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #101
Toker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
they can have all the talent in the world, but the will and heart of a mexican is 2nd to none !!!
2nd to none?? That's a little much don't you think?
It may seem like that only cuz there are a ish load of mexicans, but it seems to me that if you compare it by percentage the will and heart belongs to the italians (italian/americans). Marciano, Grazciano, Gatti, Zale, Basilio, etc.. amd possibly koreans (only cuz there is no one i seen with more heart than Duk Koo Kim) but mexicans are right up there too!
Toker is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #102
Toker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHoock View Post
*the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread IN AMERICA* thread

fixed it for you
You can't blame him for neglecting the rest of the world, most americans think the usa is the whole world. LOL!! They forget that boxing is more popular then ever in germany and eastern europe because of the klitschkos and recent polish fighters coming out of the wood work.
Toker is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #103
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker View Post
You can't blame him for neglecting the rest of the world, most americans think the usa is the whole world. LOL!! They forget that boxing is more popular then ever in germany and eastern europe because of the klitschkos and recent polish fighters coming out of the wood work.
this is what counts, AMERICA !!!! **** YEAH !!!!! **** YEAH !!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M[/ame]
Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #104
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

so you're one of those mexicans that are memebers of the TEA party

Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #105
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
They bring the excitement from like the smallest weight all the way to JR MW....

with so many contenders champions, hearts and balls to the wall performances... Mexican boxing is a live and well.
Hey Doc dont you selliing us short by stopping at JM.... Mexican and Mex/Americans are the only group that claim world class talent or hot prospects from Straw to HW .

Dont forget

ARREOLA - say what you want but he looks like hes gotten it together.. He is the most active hw contender in the world.. The most exciting, and even his harshest critics have to admit hes one of the most dangerous HW contenders out there.

BJ FLORES- IMO he is a legit contender or at very worst a strong gatekeeper... Exciting too.

Shawn Estradas
Marco Periban these 2 ^ are still in the prospect stage.. But there HOT and are tall big punchers... Look for them to make some noise in the SMW and LH withing the next 18months.

Liberado Andrade- Looks like hes on the way out.. But another ULTRA tough super exciting SMW contender over the last decade

Marco RUbio - NOt a future star but showed hes still daneroud by ****ing up big Hype JOb David LEmiuz.. He deserves another shot and could win a title vs the right guy

Chavez JR-- Ok enough with the JR basing.. He might not be a threat to MArtingez .. BUt IMO hes turned out to be a solid fighter,;and a legit top 5 to 10 mw.

DAVID LOPEZ -- goOD MW WHO HAS BEEN DERSEVING A SHOT FOR YEARS.. dONT JUDGE BY HIS RECORD... he COULS BEAT MOST OF THE RANKED GUYS AT mw

ANd like you said tt gets really deep from JMW on down.

Saul ALvarez
Alfredo Angulo
Carlos MOlina
Antonio Margarito are 4 of the 5 best JM contenders or champs out there...(COtto and arguably LAra the other)

WELTER WEIGHT DOWN? Ok ill spare naming every contender.. But im sure youve heard of these guys

Brandon Rios
Juan Marquez
ROberto Guerreo
Miguel Vasquez
Humberto Soto
Mikey Garcia
ORlando Salido
Abner Mares
Fernando Montiel
Johnny Gonzalez
Rafa Marquez (who i still think has alot left)
Jorge Arce

ETC ETC.

oH YEAH AND MAYBE THE TWO HOTTEST PROSPECTS IN ALL OF BOXING FROM ANY WEIGHT.

fRANKIE goMES
jOSE BENAVIDES
anarci is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum