boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Amateur experience before going PRO?

No offence but I doubt you are as good as you think you are. Join a club, I bet you will be surprised how much you do not know and what you have been doing wrong.

Sparring with your a friends who I presume aren't boxers seems to have given you a poor sense of how good you really are, just because you watch videos and try to imitate what is happening doesn't mean you are doing it right and there lies the danger of not haveing a coach.

You are probably picking up bad habits from copying videos and there is no coach to correct you. I did this once, where I watched a video and tried to copy it. I later found out I was doing it wrong when I joined a club.

Five months in and I'm still no where close to being ready for an Amateur fight nevermind a pro one. Although that is mostly down to fitness there is still loads of technique to work.

In short: You aren't ready, Go to a gym.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
Scott-Robson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 15444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
No offence but I doubt you are as good as you think you are. Join a club, I bet you will be surprised how much you do not know and what you have been doing wrong.

Sparring with your a friends who I presume aren't boxers seems to have given you a poor sense of how good you really are, just because you watch videos and try to imitate what is happening doesn't mean you are doing it right and there lies the danger of not haveing a coach.

You are probably picking up bad habits from copying videos and there is no coach to correct you. I did this once, where I watched a video and tried to copy it. I later found out I was doing it wrong when I joined a club.

Five months in and I'm still no where close to being ready for an Amateur fight nevermind a pro one. Although that is mostly down to fitness there is still loads of technique to work.

Casual fans don't seem to realise that most things in boxing are very hard to master and that it's actually a very technical sport
Scott-Robson is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #18
Leonius
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post

Don't tell him that, the up and comers need guys like this to get some W's on their records.
Leonius is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #19
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonius View Post
Don't tell him that, the up and comers need guys like this to get some W's on their records.
I wish I had some bums to get confidence against rather than always being thrown in as the underdog ! Tough coaching !
Journey Man is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 AM   #20
Sprawla
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron-slater View Post
Hi guys

I want to now how much experience amateurs have before they go PRO..... i now a few that have near enough 7 years plus even 10-15 years, but cus of my age, i was wonderin is 5 years adequate? I'm pretty distant with my combos and my fitness level is at a pretty well good standard now, the only thing i lack is sparrin, only done this 4 times, I have me combos and i do look at fights on the internet to view there sparrin and or fights and combos, to perfect mine as such. Personally i just need sparrin experience and coach guidance now to get me in the right foot steps and to brush up on my combos with coachin aspect of it, but i'am pretty confident with sparrin only having 4 experiences mind.
What you reckon guys? thanks for your time,

this is either a joke or you are a complete re****.
Sprawla is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing