Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #61
Macky
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: This Saturdays card at the Echo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Yeah, mate. I'm really looking forward to it. You?

You're right about the banter, theres always some idiot who can't hold his beer who wants to show he "coulda been a contender".

Yeah mate i'll be there, cant wait for it, should be a great atmosphere.
Macky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #62
hattonthehammer
Journeyman

the sort of card that your "proper" boxing fan can really sink his teeth into

the whole haye-klitschko show was good because it appealed to the wider audience but this it would appear will be focused more around the boxing hardcore that will be getting several good strong matchups in one night of boxing.

obviously i`ll be nervously routing for super kev being a fellow east londoner and all, love to see mitchell at another crack on the world stage
hattonthehammer is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #63
KingMonkey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Yep, I'll be cheering Kev on but I can't help feel he could do with keeping away from Rios should he get past Murray.
KingMonkey is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #64
Mr Blackshadow

I'd have loved to have gone to this card, clashes with the Missus 21st do the same night, but on the + side though a relative of hers is making his debut that night so she's agreed to let me have it on the telly in the pub!

Having read the piece Colin Hart wrote on him the other week I'm going to be very keen to watch the progress of John Loveday.

Despite all the needle I can see Frankie handling Woodhouse inside 6 or 7, credit where its due to Curtis though he's a solid honest pro who'll come in for a tear up and make it a difficult nights work for Gavin. Although its not really done much for the integrity of the fight and its been discussed to death on here in another thread I genuinely dont think the difference of a few lb's will have too much of a bearing on the outcome, Frankie will have far too much for Woodhouse and that will be apparent very early on.
Mr Blackshadow is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #65
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blackshadow View Post
I'd have loved to have gone to this card, clashes with the Missus 21st do the same night, but on the + side though a relative of hers is making his debut that night so she's agreed to let me have it on the telly in the pub!

Having read the piece Colin Hart wrote on him the other week I'm going to be very keen to watch the progress of John Loveday.

Despite all the needle I can see Frankie handling Woodhouse inside 6 or 7, credit where its due to Curtis though he's a solid honest pro who'll come in for a tear up and make it a difficult nights work for Gavin. Although its not really done much for the integrity of the fight and its been discussed to death on here in another thread I genuinely dont think the difference of a few lb's will have too much of a bearing on the outcome, Frankie will have far too much for Woodhouse and that will be apparent very early on.
If they were at equal weights, I think Frankie would hammer Curtis. Now its even more of a mismatch
Journey Man is online now  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #66
Dereksmegster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

All the dickheads are going to banging the Bolivian up their snouts and punching Walls. They are there every time.
Funny how going to the boxing make almost everyone a hard Cunt.
Would be good if people remembered they've come to watch "real hard men" in the ring.
The rest should stick to roids and pencil thin dicks
Dereksmegster is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #67
westbo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereksmegster View Post
All the dickheads are going to banging the Bolivian up their snouts and punching Walls. They are there every time.
Would be good if people remembered they've come to watch "real hard men" in the ring.
you wanna take this outside ?
westbo is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #68
Dereksmegster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbo View Post
you wanna take this outside ?
Yes let's take this to the virtual street bruv.

The bonus of going to this arena is that it ain't far from the nightlife and all the scallys bring their 18 year old girlfriends out dressed to the nines, no knickers.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #69
Mr Blackshadow

Quote:
Whether it be boxing or down the football you will always get the odd div who gets a whiff of the barmaids apron or does a line of whatever and thinks he can take the world on, I see it every week down the blues and occasionally at the boxing, more often than not its my own pals, its a sad fact of life but whenever you mix a hardcore group of fans mixed with beer and the tension and high stakes of a fight or match then the row is inevitable.

I just hope the only fighting on Saturday is in the ring. It's a proper stellar card and like the chap said earlier its one for proper fans of the sport to really get into, enjoy and analyze. Hopefully it wont be marred by any nonsense.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #70
Dereksmegster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I can get tanked up and not kick off.

The people who kick off unprovoked are arseholes pure and simple. Unless some one gets in my face and takes a swing my disposition Is that I can walk away from that shit no bother.
It's bound to kick off at the echo because you've got frankie gavins arsehole fans going and they are pretty bad kick off merchants. They had it big style at the lg arena last September. Shower of cunts.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #71
westbo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Whether it be boxing or down the football you will always get the odd div who gets a whiff of the barmaids apron or does a line of whatever and thinks he can take the world on, I see it every week down the blues and occasionally at the boxing, more often than not its my own pals, its a sad fact of life but whenever you mix a hardcore group of fans mixed with beer and the tension and high stakes of a fight or match then the row is inevitable.

I just hope the only fighting on Saturday is in the ring. It's a proper stellar card and like the chap said earlier its one for proper fans of the sport to really get into, enjoy and analyze. Hopefully it wont be marred by any nonsense.
the black/tavern doing a coach/bus up to this one ??
westbo is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #72
Mr Blackshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbo View Post
the black/tavern doing a coach/bus up to this one ??
No, as far as im aware people are making their own way there as a few people who would have gone from there usually are doing Cork for the Blues friendly. Luckily for me they're having it on the telly in there anyway. Got to get my priorities right!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #73
westbo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
No, as far as im aware people are making their own way there as a few people who would have gone from there usually are doing Cork for the Blues friendly. Luckily for me they're having it on the telly in there anyway. Got to get my priorities right!

ah right, almost booked up for cork myself, before being told no chance of getting the saturday off work ..... ah well hopefully plenty of other trips to europe to be had this season. !!
westbo is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #74
GH057ayame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Funny you say that r.e the crowd getting involved. I was at the Haye fight and expected mayhem what with the weather and what was at stake. We didn't see one ounce of trouble. The only thing I did see was a lad who must've be 5"4 with a bit of a think lip and a cut forehead, that was at the train station to head back to the Reeperbahn!
GH057ayame is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #75
Mr Blackshadow

Quote:
I can get tanked up and not kick off.

The people who kick off unprovoked are arseholes pure and simple. Unless some one gets in my face and takes a swing my disposition Is that I can walk away from that shit no bother.
It's bound to kick off at the echo because you've got frankie gavins arsehole fans going and they are pretty bad kick off merchants. They had it big style at the lg arena last September. Shower of cunts.
I think theres a minority in most elements of any fighters support that have the potential to play up, agreed some are more previalent than others.

To lable all Frankies fans arseholes is unfair, granted there are few head-the-balls who follow him but I can vouch for a good few of them and they are as knowledgable and respectful of the sport as anyone.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum