Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Tim Bradley is a coward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Cant say id slag Khan off if he took a fight with Pacquiao myself, its not my style anyways. I'd advise him against it but i couldnt blame him for going where the money is. Honestly id rather see Khan vs Bradley because it would determine a no 1 at 140 for the first time since Tzyzu, and it would be a more competitive fight than Pacquiao-Bradley, but id say fair play to a fighter who goes after the biggest fights and the biggest paydays. I can see your point though.
I know you wouldn't mate, but unfortunately there are plenty that would.

The double standards on the Forum are just terrible. It's as if there's one rule for Amir and one rule for the rest.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #17
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
there was nothing humorous about your post.
unorthodox is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #18
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

bradley and cowardice dont go hand in hand,
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
there was nothing humorous about your post.
my mum tells me I'm funny

Seriously tho, you can't really blame Bradley. He has a chance to fight the second best LWW in the world, or THE best fighter on the planet. It's a no brainer. Sure it sucks for us (I think Khan beats Timmy confortably) but money talks.
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #20
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
ok maybe not a coward but a punk, i used to be a big fan but now he decides to sign with top rank and move up to welterweight to pursue a fight with pacquiao.

after all the shit he talked about khan.
yep. all talk. i understand he wants money but he is in pursuit of promises. rios was giving the same promise only days ago.

the whole mentality of planning for the future has to stop in boxing. if you were fighting legit opponents, you sure as shit would not look past them but these guys aren't fighting the best.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
my mum tells me I'm funny

Seriously tho, you can't really blame Bradley. He has a chance to fight the second best LWW in the world, or THE best fighter on the planet. It's a no brainer. Sure it sucks for us (I think Khan beats Timmy confortably) but money talks.
but he hasn't got a shot at pacquiao.

he only thinks he does, bob arum would make more money putting pacquiao with khan than he would bradley.

hes only moved up and signed with top rank in HOPES of landing a pacquiao fight.

beating khan would have made him the undisputed number 1 in his division with no doubts.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #22
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
yep. all talk. i understand he wants money but he is in pursuit of promises. rios was giving the same promise only days ago.

the whole mentality of planning for the future has to stop in boxing. if you were fighting legit opponents, you sure as shit would not look past them but these guys aren't fighting the best.
exactly and so was Mike Jones.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #23
Undisputed P4P
esb FBL & FIFA 12 champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 404

timmy has come out and denied that he has signed with top rank or golden boy for that matter, also he said he feels strong at welterweight but faster at 140 and that his comeback fight will probably be at 140.

he may be covering his tracks because legally he probably can't come out and say he has signed for top rank so once all the legal stuff has been settled with gary shaw then we will all know for sure what he plans to do.

i think timmy understands that he isn't the most gifted of fighters, he obviously believes in his skills but seems to be a guy that doesn't get too far ahead of himself. he see's that a pacquiao fight is on the cards as long as he doesn't get beat the fight will be made. the only fighter that could match his will and heart is probably khan, and in the skills department khan is far superior to him so it makes sense to not risk his big payday. his comeback fight will probably be against someone where he can look good against and build his resume and make a case for a pacquiao fight.
Undisputed P4P is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #24
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
but he hasn't got a shot at pacquiao.

he only thinks he does, bob arum would make more money putting pacquiao with khan than he would bradley.

hes only moved up and signed with top rank in HOPES of landing a pacquiao fight.

beating khan would have made him the undisputed number 1 in his division with no doubts.
true and beating Khan would have put him in a better position of fighting Pacman
izmat is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

Come on people, Bradley is cashing-out. He knows if he fights Khan and loses then there goes his bumper pay-check from facing Pacquiao. He figures if he's going to take a loss then he''l get better paid for it facing Manny than facing Khan. I don't know why people are saying that it's okay 'cause Bradley can fight Khan further down the road, for starters he'll be vacating those belts at 140 so they won't be facing one another as JWWs. And secondly, given Bradley is going to be one very small WW, physically too small to pick up belt so I cannot see Kahn ever having the need to face Bradley unless 'chrome-dome' is willing to be on the really shitty end of any pay-deal....
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #26
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Can anyone show me an article where it says Bradley has definitely moved up though? The only recent article I found was this one from boxings cene and it says the rumours are still false

Timothy Bradley on Top Rank Rumors, Shaw, His Return [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [IMG]http://www.***********.com/onfire/iconMiniPrint.gif[/IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [IMG]http://www.***********.com/onfire/iconMiniShare.gif[/IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
By Lem Satterfield
WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley reached out to ***********.com to set the record straight on the recent rumors that he allegedly signed a promotional contract with Top Rank. Bradley also discusses his status with promoter Gary Shaw, when he plans to return, what division and more.
***********.com - On the reports that he has signed with Top Rank Promotions:
Basically, whatever this guy Jesse Reid is saying, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I haven't signed with Top Rank. I don't talk to Jesse Reid. I know of him, but I don't talk to him like that. I don't know where he's getting his information from, but I'm not officially signed with Top Rank or anybody or Golden Boy.
Right now, I'm at a standstill due to the fact that I've got to get ready for the litigation with Gary Shaw and Thompson Boxing Promotions. So right now, as I said, everything in my career is at a standstill. I'm not signed with anybody, and I just wanted to let everybody know.
But after all of this litigation is done and whatever happens through this, everybody is going to know, first thing, who I'm signed with."
***********.com - On the status of his contract with Gary Shaw:
I don't want to get into all of that, but I will tell you this much. To me, I will just tell you that my contract is up. To me, honestly, I think that I've served my time and that I've done exactly what I'm supposed to do as a fighter. I've fulfilled every obligation that I was supposed to fulfill in the contract.
I've done more than the norm. Thompson Boxing and Gary Shaw Promotions have been great. It's been a great ride and it's been a great relationship. I don't have bad blood with them at all. You know, they just can't offer me what I'm looking for.
***********.com - On what he believes is potentially more promising about either Golden Boy Promotions or Top Rank Promotions:
As far as one of them if they were to sign me, as far as their companies, I actually just think that they have a lot more that they can offer. Golden Boy and [Top Rank Promotions] Bob Arum, they just have a lot more in terms of the fights that I'm looking for.
It just boils down to straight out business, and what I want to accomplish in boxing. I feel that Thompson Boxing Promotions and Gary Shaw Promotions, they have done a great job with me as a fighter. They're one of the reasons that I'm in the position where I'm at besides me winning those fights.
I trained my butt off, and I have a good team, and I won those fights. But the train doesn't move unless I do my job and unless I win, so I've done my part and they've done their part. But at this given time in my career, you know, there's nothing else that they can offer me.
I have to be honest with you that there is nothing else that they can offer me. It just boils to business. No hard feelings. I've got nothing but love for both of them, even though they think that I've been ignorant and stupid and you know, whatever.
Just knot this: If I wasn't doing my job, they would find a very quick way to get rid of me. So, I mean, that's pretty much it. I'm looking for the bigger fish out there, which they don't have, and which these other two promoters do have. That's the bottom line. You know, that's pretty much the bottom line and that's it in a nutshell.
***********.com - Where do you believe your next fight will take place, at 140 or 147?
I don't know. To be honest with you, 140 is where I'm really comfortable at and I can fight at that weight -- 147. I actually feel stronger at 147. I feel stronger at 147, but I feel quicker at 140. I would say that my next comeback fight will be at 140. I don't know who.
I'm not sure yet. I haven't talked to my manager, Cameron Dunkin yet. But my main focus is now pretty much getting past all of this legal stuff. So that's my main focus right now.

Last edited by sportofkings; 07-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict

I used to have respect for Bradley, but not anymore.

He is a punk.
SportsLeader is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #28
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Stop running Khan!
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

yeah timmys running from boxing most notorious chins,
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #30
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Can anyone show me an article where it says Bradley has definitely moved up though? The only recent article I found was this one from boxings cene and it says the rumours are still false

Timothy Bradley on Top Rank Rumors, Shaw, His Return [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [IMG]http://www.***********.com/onfire/iconMiniPrint.gif[/IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [IMG]http://www.***********.com/onfire/iconMiniShare.gif[/IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
By Lem Satterfield
WBO/WBC junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley reached out to ***********.com to set the record straight on the recent rumors that he allegedly signed a promotional contract with Top Rank. Bradley also discusses his status with promoter Gary Shaw, when he plans to return, what division and more.
***********.com - On the reports that he has signed with Top Rank Promotions:
Basically, whatever this guy Jesse Reid is saying, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I haven't signed with Top Rank. I don't talk to Jesse Reid. I know of him, but I don't talk to him like that. I don't know where he's getting his information from, but I'm not officially signed with Top Rank or anybody or Golden Boy.
Right now, I'm at a standstill due to the fact that I've got to get ready for the litigation with Gary Shaw and Thompson Boxing Promotions. So right now, as I said, everything in my career is at a standstill. I'm not signed with anybody, and I just wanted to let everybody know.
But after all of this litigation is done and whatever happens through this, everybody is going to know, first thing, who I'm signed with."
***********.com - On the status of his contract with Gary Shaw:
I don't want to get into all of that, but I will tell you this much. To me, I will just tell you that my contract is up. To me, honestly, I think that I've served my time and that I've done exactly what I'm supposed to do as a fighter. I've fulfilled every obligation that I was supposed to fulfill in the contract.
I've done more than the norm. Thompson Boxing and Gary Shaw Promotions have been great. It's been a great ride and it's been a great relationship. I don't have bad blood with them at all. You know, they just can't offer me what I'm looking for.
***********.com - On what he believes is potentially more promising about either Golden Boy Promotions or Top Rank Promotions:
As far as one of them if they were to sign me, as far as their companies, I actually just think that they have a lot more that they can offer. Golden Boy and [Top Rank Promotions] Bob Arum, they just have a lot more in terms of the fights that I'm looking for.
It just boils down to straight out business, and what I want to accomplish in boxing. I feel that Thompson Boxing Promotions and Gary Shaw Promotions, they have done a great job with me as a fighter. They're one of the reasons that I'm in the position where I'm at besides me winning those fights.
I trained my butt off, and I have a good team, and I won those fights. But the train doesn't move unless I do my job and unless I win, so I've done my part and they've done their part. But at this given time in my career, you know, there's nothing else that they can offer me.
I have to be honest with you that there is nothing else that they can offer me. It just boils to business. No hard feelings. I've got nothing but love for both of them, even though they think that I've been ignorant and stupid and you know, whatever.
Just knot this: If I wasn't doing my job, they would find a very quick way to get rid of me. So, I mean, that's pretty much it. I'm looking for the bigger fish out there, which they don't have, and which these other two promoters do have. That's the bottom line. You know, that's pretty much the bottom line and that's it in a nutshell.
***********.com - Where do you believe your next fight will take place, at 140 or 147?
I don't know. To be honest with you, 140 is where I'm really comfortable at and I can fight at that weight -- 147. I actually feel stronger at 147. I feel stronger at 147, but I feel quicker at 140. I would say that my next comeback fight will be at 140. I don't know who.
I'm not sure yet. I haven't talked to my manager, Cameron Dunkin yet. But my main focus is now pretty much getting past all of this legal stuff. So that's my main focus right now.
Any chance of an answer lads
sportofkings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum